• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Oct 6-12 | One Frame, Two Frame, Just Frame, Plus Frame

Forget about sword fighting in bikini armor, regular bikini is the way to go.
Also, is that just an alt or a new character? Can't figure out who she is!

That's not her first time designing stuff for SC too. She designed an Ivy alt which looked like something Bayonetta would wear, even more so than this one.

It looks like a new costume for Taki for that Soul Calibur Lost Swords. It must be making them some money if they are still supporting it with content.

Crocodile

Famitsu has more info- single player only for the xrd demo T_T

LOL what's the point then? It's free though :/

Not a big fan of how "angular" all the characters look. Frankly I'm not a hue fan of how the game looks overall, I think I need this in my hands to be convereted or something.

Dang I think it's safe to say Soul Calibur has now equalized (or even surpassed) DOA in the fan service department:

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201410080003/

NSFW

I was going to say "at least a new Soul Calibur game just got announced so at least that's a plus right?" (a silly assumption I admit) but then I totally forgot about Lost Swords. Not sure if this is just bad or SO bad it loops around onto itself into being hilarious.

Beats

bzxcg-jcaaeuxyx5bc34.jpg

Iron Man in Smash.

I was going to say "at least a new Soul Calibur game just got announced so at least that's a plus right?" (a silly assumption I admit) but then I totally forgot about Lost Swords. Not sure if this is just bad or SO bad it loops around onto itself into being hilarious.

It's pretty stupid. So stupid in fact, I'm going to download this game and wait for this outfit to be released to verifiy how stupid it is with my own eyes.

That F2P Soul Calibur still gets support? Huh. At least Sophitia looks nice.

Anyways, is anyone here still up for a couple of rounds in Smash 4?

That one doesn't seem too complicated tho. Still, I admit it made me think for a second it had an Iron Man hat before I realized what it was lol

Beckx

Smash bundles selling out (Amazon and Gamestop online). Didn't expect that.

I've got one on Amazon but they haven't upgraded to release date shipping yet dammit.

Beckx

WiiU finally hitting its stride Kappa

More like: Warning - adapters and controllers are going to be in limited supply if you want them. I bet they don't keep making these long. Looks like a disconnect between what they expected the market for them to be and what it was. But who knows. Amiibo were "sold out" during the first days of pre-ordering but not anymore.

Beckx

You guys talking about gaming the system in Smash 3DS's classic mode to make sure you get custom parts - can you explain more. I see the reference to pausing to make sure you get the right result from the wheel, but my version (Japanese) doesn't allow for pausing on that screen.

I am probably just not following the discussion well.

A fun USF4 pool at RFD:

poule K
1. IND|SpB| Ixion (da bess)
2. BIGMARA FALcooo
3. CDV.MCZ|WhiteBl4ck (who has an entirely competent E. Ryu and has been practicing.)
4. Wiseblade (alas, no dream pool with Pro Fluke!)
5. RSD Beef

I will need to see that. :)

Mine:

poule T
1. Easyman
2. TSN Zakku
3. IvDGaming | Warbio
4. MMG | FairlySadPanda
5. A-LX

EasyMan is a Ryu player, one of Rufus' bad matchups. He's also got a tonne of points on XBL, a fact I give little in the way of credence to. Over-reliance on online play makes you habitual.
Zakku is a German Gen player.
Warbio is a highly ranked PC Ibuki player.
I'm FSP, representing Merseyside Mad Gear, also the worst Rufus player of all time. :)
A-LX is either a Gief or Fuerte player, either from Switzerland, Belgium or France.

Should be an interesting pool. I am going to make it out because that is what is going to happen. No more Mr Unconfident Scrub. >_>

You guys talking about gaming the system in Smash 3DS's classic mode to make sure you get custom parts - can you explain more. I see the reference to pausing to make sure you get the right result from the wheel, but my version (Japanese) doesn't allow for pausing on that screen.

I am probably just not following the discussion well.

You need to press the home button

CurlyW

hmm, why not:
USF4-179
UMvC3-74
DoA5:U-60
Project M-49
Melee-47
Smash 3DS-36
TTT2-36
Killer Instinct-33
GG:AC+R-27
KOF13: 22
BB:CP-18
UNiEL-18 (fucking anime acronyms man)
(USF4 edition select-18)
Brawl-14 (lmao)
SCV-13
AH3-5

Just saw this count of TFC pre-registration. Wow, those numbers are REALLY low, especially for a BigE/ShinBlanka tournament. USF4 is particularly surprising since it's a premier event on the Capcom Pro Tour. What was James Chen's criteria for what qualifies as a major, 200 people for SF4? (Not that I agree with James on that front, though.)

I'm sure they'll get a good amount of at-the-door registration, but I doubt it'll be anywhere close to the gigantic at-the-door numbers that BigE's Philly tournaments get. (Raleigh being slightly further from NYC.)

I guess filling the hole in the calendar left by Season's Beatings is not so easy.

kirblar

Just saw this count of TFC pre-registration. Wow, those numbers are REALLY low, especially for a BigE/ShinBlanka tournament. USF4 is particularly surprising since it's a premier event on the Capcom Pro Tour. What was James Chen's criteria for what qualifies as a major, 200 people for SF4? (Not that I agree with James on that front, though.)

I'm sure they'll get a good amount of at-the-door registration, but I doubt it'll be anywhere close to the gigantic at-the-door numbers that BigE's Philly tournaments get. (Raleigh being slightly further from NYC.)

I guess filling the hole in the calendar left by Season's Beatings is not so easy.
The travel issue is a real one - The Boston->DC corridor is filled with big metropolitan areas. South of DC though, things are much more rural and spread out. I was really surprised when they went with NC instead of VA when scheduling it, for that reason. (MTG PTQs south of Richmond have a deserved reputation for being soft/small, for a non-FGC example.)

1. Easyman
EasyMan is a Ryu player, one of Rufus' bad matchups. He's also got a tonne of points on XBL, a fact I give little in the way of credence to. Over-reliance on online play makes you habitual.

Easyman at least used to not bind his hp button so he can't throw heavy fireballs at all. It's light, medium or ex so you can maybe bait him to unnecessarily waste some meter. Apart from that I've no clue how he plays nowadays

Easyman at least used to not bind his hp button so he can't throw heavy fireballs at all. It's light, medium or ex so you can maybe bait him to unnecessarily waste some meter. Apart from that I've no clue how he plays nowadays

He plays defensively then starts jumping if he needs to make a comeback or the round is close. I'm still looking into him and the rest of the pool.

I'm doing my research for this tournament. :) I'm the element of surprise at this tournament. I want to go "Surprise! I don't actually suck at this game!"

Maybe that's what the WiiU/3DS connection does, it unlocks the customs from the 3DS.

That's what I'm thinking, but I still think that would be a big hassle if/when more Wii U's are needed for tournaments

Would you pay Nintendo money?

If only to make my life easier and if it was a reasonable price yes

I'd almost be willing to bet that Nintendo makes people buy character DLC twice - once for each system. Naturally, people will defend it (but you don't need to make a bet on THAT part).

That would be really gross, don't give them ideas Beef

Beckx

Or if they are saved to amiibo.

of course the 3ds/wii u connection may end up just being a controller option and amiibo may end up just being an npc fighter. ha.

Rhapsody

Banned
I guess that's fine. I suppose you don't need to burst unless you're actually being hit. Though, I did like to use it just to get people away.

Yeah. I think the only thing it affects is that you can't defensive burst Amane's drill chip.

I guess certain characters can instead punish some of his stuff now though, so it's not a bad trade.

Top Bottom