• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
b1171b6c4b2b0257475990827581105c.jpg

He comes with the original starters and a master ball. I neeeeeeeeed it.

LiK

Good news, got a contact in Japan who's willing to help me with Nendo Red. Never asked him to help me buy stuff but this is too irresistible!

Had to do some first thing in the morning, fast research. Got a preowned notification for a B/B Koto Alicia Melchiott and treated it as if I only had minutes to decide. Never bought B status item before but searched this thread and found good opinions on it. Trigger pulled, $75 and just waiting for the shipping cost calculation.

Had to do some first thing in the morning, fast research. Got a preowned notification for a B/B Koto Alicia Melchiott and treated it as if I only had minutes to decide. Never bought B status item before but searched this thread and found good opinions on it. Trigger pulled, $75 and just waiting for the shipping cost calculation.

I have had great luck with my B rated items from them. I wouldn't worry at all.

My B status orders have also always been fine.

Psychic ordered.

We just got our Smoker PoP figure in and dem abs. Really digging the quality on these. I'm still trying to find a good pre-time skip Robin.

Toki767

Must find some way to get that Nendoroid Red...that doesn't involve paying like $100 when it's pre-owned on Amiami or Mandarake.

Good Smile having it on their website is such a teaseeeeee.

So who's starting a business buying these enmasses for us.

Haha who was it that said they lived within 15 mins from Pokemon center? =P Do it for Figure GAF ;P

I'm guessing BiginJapan and Nippon-Yasan's website will struggle when everyone's preordering, T-T why must it be Pokemon center/Amazon.jp exclusive...

I don't care for Pokemon much either but would have probably bouhgt it if it wasn't an exclusive. For those that really want it I'm you can use a proxy or something.

If it wasn't exclusive I would be getting a couple for some friends for Christmas. They would go crazy over it.

cajunator

Banned
I'm debating whether to get the Koto one from Amazon or just stick with the GSC reissue. Only reason why I'm debating whether to buy both is that I do have other hobbies.

I actually ordered the koto as consolation for not having the gsc...then they reissued her and I forgot i ordered the other one.

javac

I have a bunch of items I'm getting. I have Link Figma, Misato Kotobukiya, Rei Kotobukiya Mai Max Factory, Panty Nendoroid and Morrigan Max Factory all with boxes etc. I was just wondering, how would you guys all ship this stuff? Together or separately? No idea what combinations to go for if I choose together. I mark these down to below 1000yen btw due to import duty so I don't want them all in the same packaging. I don't mind how long they take and usually I go for separate delivery, each in a SAL small packet. What would you all do in such situations? Thanks.

I would ship several together yours look like you can make it into 2 boxes.

It can cause major anxiety when you are panicking cause one of the boxes have not arrived with something shipped at the same time when they are shipped individually.

chrono01

Pulchra's upcoming Mikasa has the most accurate representation of her face yet, IMO.

Also, that base!

iANaK1xBcE0Zo.jpg

Still going to pass, though, since:

A) I don't want to begin collecting Attack on Titan scaled figures, especially given their lack of diversity.

B) I'm not familiar with Pulchra as a manufacturer. I have a Maoyuu Maou Yuusha iPhone stand from them, which is cute, but I know nothing of their scaled figures.

javac

I would ship several together yours look like you can make it into 2 boxes.

It can cause major anxiety when you are panicking cause one of the boxes have not arrived with something shipped at the same time when they are shipped individually.

Thanks. I could go for two boxes with three in each. I'll want to split Morrigan and Mai since they weigh the most so I could pair Mai with Rei and Panty in one box and Morrigan and Misato and Link in the other. I don't know how reliable Amazon is but according to it, Misato weighs 699g(shipped weight), Morrigan weighs 998g and Link weighs 250g which all together is jut under 2kg or thereabouts.The other box would consist of Mai (900g), Panty (300g) and Rei (700g) which wold total about under 2kg as well.

Using a shipping calculator it would roughly...
EMS 4,600 Yen
AIR MAIL 5,050 Yen
SAL 3,850 Yen
SURFACE MAIL 2,350 Yen
FedEx 3,744 Yen
Considering 2kg and a value of about 15k per box give or take. Keep in mind I will mark down the box to around 1k which will obviously kill me if I lose the box or it gets damaged since no issuance. I've never had an issue with missing packages or damages so far.

Do you think it would be wise to mark these down to like a couple hundred yen and go for the cheapest delivery which is 2.3k and thus getting it under £15?

I hate shipping things. Damn £15 barrier for Import Duty!

I got pickier.
*High fives* my wallet and postman are happier for it XD
Do you think it would be wise to mark these down to like a couple hundred yen and go for the cheapest delivery which is 2.3k and thus getting it under £15?

I hate shipping things. Damn £15 barrier for Import Duty!
Guess as long as the equal value is marked below £15 should be okay. I do believe that import duty doesn't count shipping? Someone needs to correct me if I'm wrong. But if it does yeah, do what you need to get it under £15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom