• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

*High fives* my wallet and postman are happier for it XD
I keep cycling between new postmen/postwomen. I must be scaring them off with my numerous monthly packages.

Slippery slope. So I did a little more looking and damn, Nendoroids are cute.

Just pre-ordered the Link one.
If you value your money at all, you might want to...

iKFfmfxOs9j0x.gif

javac

Guess as long as the equal value is marked below £15 should be okay. I do believe that import duty doesn't count shipping? Someone needs to correct me if I'm wrong. But if it does yeah, do what you need to get it under £15.

Yeah shipping is included.
The import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance.
Fucking sucks man. Customs shouldn't get suspicious over a really low declared price since they are probably just 'toys' in their minds and don't have any labels/receipts etc? Three in each box bumps it to near £15 alone for delivery so I might have to do two per box so maybe three boxes. In any case 3 boxes would be better than 6 overall right (one per box)? Sorry for the vague question, It obviously depends on your budget, weight, size etc :(

SAL with three items (2kg) is around 3,850 Yen and the same with two items (about 800g lighter as a example) where as 1 item alone at around 800g will net 800yen.

Toki767

Anyone in the Bay Area going to go to Fanime in San Jose on Memorial Day weekend? Tempted to go, but it's $50 to get in. But there's the allure of seeing what kind of merchandise is on sale. How are figure prices usually at conventions anyway?

chrono01

Haha bet the thought process of a bunch of our postmen/women are like "Ah feck not again T-T"
Haha, more than likely. It doesn't help that I usually get a massive order from AmiAmi monthly [due to combined shipping]. I'm sure they hate the start of every month, with that package incoming.

SAL with three items (2kg) is around 3,850 Yen and the same with two items (about 800g lighter as a example) where as 1 item alone at around 800g will net 800yen.

Yeah they shouldn't be too suspicious if it's marked as toys, had huge boxes marked as such. No idea if you've used Nippon-Yasan but they also mark it as no battery, guess that's like an additional precaution. In case they get curious. I haven't ordered several items that was delivered together so not sure what they write for multiple items though.

It's really your choice of how many boxes you want to be delivered with tbh and how convienient it'll be for you.
Haha, more than likely. It doesn't help that I usually get a massive order from AmiAmi monthly [due to combined shipping]. I'm sure they hate the start of every month, with that package incoming.
Guess they'll at least always be allocated a vehicle at least ;D

javac

Yeah they shouldn't be too suspicious if it's marked as toys, had huge boxes marked as such. No idea if you've used Nippon-Yasan but they also mark it as no battery, guess that's like an additional precaution. In case they get curious. I haven't ordered several items that was delivered together so not sure what they write for multiple items though.

It's really your choice of how many boxes you want to be delivered with tbh and how convienient it'll be for you.

I guess so. Thanks for the help. I just hear a lot of people talk about how multiple items together ends of being cheaper but I assume that's for people choosing EMS etc. I just need it to be under £15 per box. Thanks again.

I guess so. Thanks for the help. I just hear a lot of people talk about how multiple items together ends of being cheaper but I assume that's for people choosing EMS etc. I just need it to be under £15 per box. Thanks again.
Yeah I believe it's more of an EMS thing. American Figure GAFers won't feel our pain
T-T we UK/EU figure GAFers need to stick together lol.

zoku88

Anyone in the Bay Area going to go to Fanime in San Jose on Memorial Day weekend? Tempted to go, but it's $50 to get in. But there's the allure of seeing what kind of merchandise is on sale. How are figure prices usually at conventions anyway?
Hmm I've only went to anime Boston and the figure selection was pretty expensive from what I remember.

Even though I live near ever fanime is held now, I've never been. It's been kinda hot recently too...

javac

Yeah I believe it's more of an EMS thing. American Figure GAFers won't feel our pain
T-T we UK/EU figure GAFers need to stick together lol.

That we do...that we do. The struggle is real. £8 handling fee plus 20% VAT if it's over £15 including delivery is a nightmare.

Giolon

I was planning to go, but now that I have to go to Anime Expo (KLK Special Event requires my presence), I'm debating whether I still want to. I already bought the ticket, but it's an easy sunk cost.

I've been several times before, and in general, you're not likely to find prices much different than you'll find online on US-based importer sites like HobbyFan, BUT you can find older or rare figures that are either exorbitantly expensive or completely sold out online.

For example, back in 2010, I bought a Sheryl Nome figure at AnimeExpo for cheaper than it was available online at the time, or for a few years afterwards. I also picked up Tomoe at Fanime a couple years ago for $40, which was at least half the online going price at the time.

Sometimes the sellers are willing to negotiate on price too. I was able to knock $50 off the price of Solange at Fanime.

As always, keep an eye out for bootlegs. I haven't been bit, but I always hear about at least 1 dealer selling bootlegs either knowingly or not at any convention.

more people going to AX?! =O

I'll be going most likely. Friend bailed on me and is staying at his gf and I refuse to buy a hotel room for just myself rofl.

Josephl64

I was planning to go, but now that I have to go to Anime Expo (KLK Special Event requires my presence), I'm debating whether I still want to. I already bought the ticket, but it's an easy sunk cost.

I've been several times before, and in general, you're not likely to find prices much different than you'll find online on US-based importer sites like HobbyFan, BUT you can find older or rare figures that are either exorbitantly expensive or completely sold out online.

For example, back in 2010, I bought a Sheryl Nome figure at AnimeExpo for cheaper than it was available online at the time, or for a few years afterwards. I also picked up Tomoe at Fanime a couple years ago for $40, which was at least half the online going price at the time.

Sometimes the sellers are willing to negotiate on price too. I was able to knock $50 off the price of Solange at Fanime.

As always, keep an eye out for bootlegs. I haven't been bit, but I always hear about at least 1 dealer selling bootlegs either knowingly or not at any convention.

Only going to that event for the Eir Aoi presence ~

more people going to AX?! =O

I'll be going most likely. Friend bailed on me and is staying at his gf and I refuse to buy a hotel room for just myself rofl.

isn't there like a motel 6 nearby (never been to LA)

Man, I'm really lucky I don't go for Nendos. But that Wind Waker one is tempting me, as it looks exactly like Link did in the game. Nendo scale is perfect.

Can't wait for that one. Still haven't ordered the Luigi one, something about it makes me pause from hitting that add to cart button.

javac

These words mean nothing to me. :D

Witchcraft! Damn lucky Americans :(
(I assume you're from the US, sorry if you aren't)

A bit off topic but I have some Laserdiscs,movies etc that are really expensive to deliver. It's about 6kg. I'm thinking of using Surface Mail which is going to cost me about 4.5k and thats the cheapest but it'll take estimated 2-3 months wtf. Next cheapest is FedEx which 6,100 Yen. Damn I hate this shit. Surface Mail is bad right?

Why don't you invite his girlfriend?

err girlfriend lives close by and also doesn't like me (but is kind of two face about it). Very complicated friend drama. Basically everybody (except me) is dating everybody in our group of friends and yeah. Pretty awkward when you have one friend who is dating the cousin of her first bf (gap of 6 years) and you had two other friends dating each other break up and is dating an ex of another friend. LOL

Only going to that event for the Eir Aoi presence ~

isn't there like a motel 6 nearby (never been to LA)

nothing cheap since its in the LA convention center and staples center.

I also don't drive due to health conditions =X so i gotta public transport or find a ride my way there and back! wooooot

Luigi87

Ugh, slightly off-topic, but I wanted to license Photoshop CC/Lightroom (rather than just buying Lightroom, though I hate this whole "cloud" system...) But Adobe's been having an outage since yesterday, and while most things are up, I still can't register... I wanted to take a look at my RAW pics of my figures I took >_<

On-topic now, since it was mentioned to me yesterday -- how long does it usually take for a figure from Koto to show up on Amazon, after it's gone up on the Japanese sources?

LiK

Ugh, slightly off-topic, but I wanted to license Photoshop CC/Lightroom (rather than just buying Lightroom, though I hate this whole "cloud" system...) But Adobe's been having an outage since yesterday, and while most things are up, I still can't register... I wanted to take a look at my RAW pics of my figures I took >_<

On-topic now, since it was mentioned to me yesterday -- how long does it usually take for a figure from Koto to show up on Amazon, after it's gone up on the Japanese sources?

i'm still using PS CS5. fuck the CC shit :p

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Stocking 1/8 scale from Alter. And then there were 3. Ordered Stocking on Plamoya. First time dealing with them and had no issue. They even had it wrapped in sealed bubble wrapping. Panty will complete this set and is coming from AmiAmi at the end of May barring any delays with other items. That's gonna be an expensive shipment btw.

Nice! I've only bought Stocking but I'm planning on getting Panty down the line.

I kept looking and looking and AA finally had her used awhile back so I snagged her. A/B condition according to them.

They are super low on my priority list but I have to say that is a nice collection.

Thank you.

Ken

So what's the deal with combining orders? What exactly are the processes and limitations behind this?

On AmiAmi? They have a pretty easy system in place for combining orders. Just go to your user profile/control panel.

Limitations...I guess it would hold up earlier orders if you combined them with later ones I guess? Also it doesn't seem like you can separate orders without emailing them.

Luigi87

So what's the deal with combining orders? What exactly are the processes and limitations behind this?

You're likely to pay less shipping cost overall by having a bulk order, but you'll be forced to wait until all items are in stock before they ship, so it's just a matter of products with earlier release dates being held from you until everything is ready to go.

On AmiAmi? They have a pretty easy system in place for combining orders. Just go to your user profile/control panel.

Limitations...I guess it would hold up earlier orders if you combined them with later ones I guess? Also it doesn't seem like you can separate orders without emailing them.

You're likely to pay less shipping cost overall by having a bulk order, but you'll be forced to wait until all items are in stock before they ship, so it's just a matter of products with earlier release dates being held from you until everything is ready to go.

Thanks guys, this is my first time combining orders so I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before diving in. If this saves me money then I should probably do it more often.

err girlfriend lives close by and also doesn't like me (but is kind of two face about it). Very complicated friend drama. Basically everybody (except me) is dating everybody in our group of friends and yeah. Pretty awkward when you have one friend who is dating the cousin of her first bf (gap of 6 years) and you had two other friends dating each other break up and is dating an ex of another friend. LOL

Yeesh. Just have an orgy and get it over with. :p

imma get the orchid seed panty and stocking combo and I already have the alter combo. probably won't get kneesock and scanty

Why does everyone love Panty & Stocking? Is it just the figure sculpts? Because I hated the anime.

javac

I kept looking and looking and AA finally had her used awhile back so I snagged her. A/B condition according to them.

Yeah I saw her on amiami a few times. It was around 6.9k or something right? I was going to go for it but decided to wait. She pops up every now and again on amiami. Nice collection in any case man. Wasn't the biggest fan of the show but the characters are banging and the soundtrack is fucking amazing. Panty and Stocking are awesome.

Why does everyone love Panty & Stocking? Is it just the figure sculpts? Because I hated the anime.

It really depends on the viewer. I've always thought that there are two kinds of people who watch Panty and Stocking: those who think it's the best anime ever, and those who think that it's mediocre.

Personally I'm still on the fence with it. I love Imaishi's work, but Panty and Stocking was about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the head with it's satirizing of American animation. That being said, there were still some notable scenes I enjoyed, and the English dub is actually funny in a good way.

Im excited to see Jakk's new Nintendo line, we have the computer listings already so hopefully images turn up soon.
probably get a better selection than Figma since its a cheaper mass-market line.

Zelda figures in a 3' scale is best imo.

Josephl64

nothing cheap since its in the LA convention center and staples center.

I also don't drive due to health conditions =X so i gotta public transport or find a ride my way there and back! wooooot

ah what a shame, didn't know

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! According to people on MFC, that Milla figure I posted yesterday is limited to 100 pieces, so she'll probably go for 30k on Mandarake. Double chance basically means you have to win, and THEN win an online raffle to get her.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! According to people on MFC, that Milla figure I posted yesterday is limited to 100 pieces, so she'll probably go for 30k on Mandarake. Double chance basically means you have to win, and THEN win an online raffle to get her.

Would have been funny if Namco gave us this figure for Xillia 2 CE. Suddenly their pack-in figure will be worth something, maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom