• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Is this just a bad pic, or did something happen to her legs? If the final version has a different color tone on the lower legs, I'm not buying that shit...
tumblr_n5nr9xaffo1qzdctco1_400.jpg

Lookin' good. I probably won't buy her, but I am curious to see the price those Aniplex savages come up with.

MH Astaroth! Can't wait to see her painted.

Luigi87

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Is this just a bad pic, or did something happen to her legs? If the final version has a different color tone on the lower legs, I'm not buying that shit...

My theory... Light refracting through the display case (possibly from a camera flash?) that is causing the over exposed, sharp lighting on her legs. I believe this, since the brighter tone is much larger on one leg compared to the other.

chrono01

Don't worry, Orchid Seed wouldn't allow something as drastic as that happen.

it's definitely a lighting issue.

Giolon

My theory... Light refracting through the display case (possibly from a camera flash?) that is causing the over exposed, sharp lighting on her legs. I believe this, since the brighter tone is much larger on one leg compared to the other.

Yeah I would bet money that's not an intentional coloration on the figure.

Wow, this answer is way better than all these lazy guys with their "it's the lighting" responses. XD

RMI

Banned
Has anybody been to Tokyo? I'm staying in Akihabara and Asakusa. Just wondering what to expect and hoping to get a RAH evangelion.

I was there during the holidays. I only budgeted time for 2 visits to Akihabara, one to look around and another half day visit to actually buy stuff. It was not enough time. I think it's a great place to buy prize figures and JP video games (older console and handheld stuff especially).

For non-prize scale figures it's honestly less of a hassle to just order from a site like Mandarake or AmiAmi and pay the shipping. They have the same shit over there that we can get overseas, and with luggage space at a premium I wasn't about to buy any big figs over there.

That said, I had a fucking blast in my time there, and would happily go back just to see all the figs and not buy anything. Browsing through shelf after shelf after pile after pile of fig boxes never gets old.

Vooduu

I was there during the holidays. I only budgeted time for 2 visits to Akihabara, one to look around and another half day visit to actually buy stuff. It was not enough time. I think it's a great place to buy prize figures and JP video games (older console and handheld stuff especially).

For non-prize scale figures it's honestly less of a hassle to just order from a site like Mandarake or AmiAmi and pay the shipping. They have the same shit over there that we can get overseas, and with luggage space at a premium I wasn't about to buy any big figs over there.

That said, I had a fucking blast in my time there, and would happily go back just to see all the figs and not buy anything. Browsing through shelf after shelf after pile after pile of fig boxes never gets old.

Sounds fun! Thanks!

There's 5 movies btw. A pack in slip for the first movie DVD release confirmed it.
5 movies hmmm wonder if they'll dedicate a film on FES extended epilogue, but would rather they end it on vanilla 3.
Just saw this on FB. HOLY SHIT, Fran P-A finally. My boycott ends here!
Sometimes wished PA sold the unpainted figures instead lol, hopefully they don't mess it up with their paint job.

Busaiku

Man, I kind of want Haru and Makoto, but they're just not that exciting.
I like Makoto's pose a bit more and his jersey's nice, but I dunno...

I really hope they go more out there with Rei and Nagisa.

javac

And she's gone. Seems's she might be going up in price.

Good price in any case. Also while I'm here let me bring forth my disdain for the
Could not find item group.Please reconfirm item group number, [FIG-MOE-1096].
page you see when something sells out on amiami. Damn it when I see something on Figinstock and I click the link only to see that I get pissed off lol. At least let me see the figure. Jeez.

inthemyst

Neo Member
Has anybody been to Tokyo? I'm staying in Akihabara and Asakusa. Just wondering what to expect and hoping to get a RAH evangelion.

I was just there at the end of March. I loved roaming around Tokyo and soaking up the experience. If you're willing to shop around, Akiba can take you a couple of days to visit all the shops.

When you're there, you're going to notice that each area has a certain vibe. Akihabara's vibe is very different from what you'll feel at Asakusa.

You're going to have a blast.

My only tip is to shop around before you pull your wallet out. Sometimes the first shop isn't the cheapest.

RocBase

Just "NSFWallet" is good
Late but I vote for this as well.
Plus some of us are more into husbandos :p

You guys ever have dreams of seeing figures that you really want but don't actually exist, and then waking up. :(
It wasn't of a figure I wanted or anything, but I did once have a dream where I entered my room and there was a 1.5m statue of Popeye wrestling a lion...then later on turns out it wasn't really a statue and the lion was running around the house. It was really weird.

But anyway, I'm wishing so hard for a figure of Dante rocking dat Nevan and this beautiful shithead that it may as well count as a dream:

– Flowing blond Rapunzel hair
– Swaying coat, actual movement
– Standout design which isn't a total tacky mess
– "I LOVE BELTS!!!!!"

yet this will never exist. eternal cries

Speaking of GG, since I'm currently way into it and craving Xrd like nobody's business this naturally means I need GG figures, which I've been on the hunt for. I already splurged and made a transfer to buy an overpriced, but fuck it it's I-No by Max Factory and I'm on my way to try and get a Bridget. I'm reminded there was a Sol Badguy during WonFes and while I was initially "eehhh might pass" over it I'm now going to buy 10 of them if it means we could potentially get more of the cast.

cajunator

Banned

Hnnnnnngh. THIS IS THE GOOD CHAIKA

Oh man...this could be a perfect figure right here. Would be huge though.

yes! Would buy immediately!

Hello FigureGAF.

I've been lurking here for a while, but can now finally join you guys. I'm glad I found FigureGAF because you've guys have helped me spend money I wasn't intending on spending :)

Here's my pick up for May:
eegLDaQ.jpg

I still haven't opened up Kazuno yet. I have no idea where to display her yet since those swords are huge.

I picked up Milhoire because I wanted the chocobo like bird, but ended up finding her so cute.

Z4YESFh.jpg

And here's NepNep comparing her controller to a PS4 controller:

NFD9wMS.jpg

niiiiice!
I have Millhi. Shes SO ADORABLE

Yessssssssssss
she will go great with Ultimate Madoka!

RocBase

Tifa has also been revealed. I wasn't sure before whether I'd get her but I love the look of it so far, pretty sure I'll be getting this.

[img snip]

While I love the idea of having Fran, I've given PAs too many chances and even with my love of the characters I've always ended up disappointed. That new Tifa PA will surely end up worse than the one they released when AC came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom