• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Club Nintendo Rewards Catalog out

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
From what I remember, Mario Advance 3 is worse than the Super Nintendo version, correct?

seady

Wonder which item(s) will be out of stock the fastest.

I have about 1500 points, and planning to get:
1. Animal Crossing card (nice design)
2. 2016 Desktop Calendar (looks very stylish and pretty imo)
3. Wonderful 101 (not too sure on this as I think physical items are more precious with Club Nintendo closing down)

Not too excited for the Zelda bag as it looks kinda cheap to me.

Platy

So you're suggesting to just wait until they reveal the awards?

Maybe ... if you are not in a rush .. I mean digital games will not go out of stock or something.

Because if they are giving W101 with coins... what they will give for platinum ? Smash ? =P

I have about 1200 coins.

I was hoping for a big 1000 coin reward, something crazy. I have no idea what to spend the rest besides earthbound.

JayTee71

Neo Member
I don't really know where to post this but it is semi relevant.

I purchased a wii u game from club nintendo and went to download. I turned off the wii u and turned it back on and now I cannot connect online.

Did I mess something up? Or is the Wii U servers swamped?

I ordered the Zelda 3ds pouch and the Majoras mask puzzle. Good rewards all around, gonna see if i can redeem more points for the Majoras mask messenger bag.

Rootbeer

Banned
i have 1560 coins

i don't really want the messenger bag cause I know for CERTAIN i just won't ever use it even though it's neat

zelda pouch... maybe?

lots of well-priced games to get that's for sure

Don't know if I should go for Kid Icarus Uprising or just grab Earthbound and something else. For anyone who's played both, which would you recommend picking up?

ugoo18

Oh boy time to check Club Nintendo Australia......

Oh wait Club Nintendo Australia might as well not exist -_-

*sigh*

Javier

Damn, I definitely want one of those physical rewards. I'm torn between the three Zelda ones even though I might never use them, but they're great collectibles.

From what I remember, Mario Advance 3 is worse than the Super Nintendo version, correct?
Worst music quality, but has 6 extra levels to make up for it. Still the same great game though, and since we're likely never getting the SNES version anyway you might as well go for it.

Kriken

Not bad, wish there was a statue, but there are decent items. Will grab the bag now and hold off on games until the platinum rewards are announced

Don't know if I should go for Kid Icarus Uprising or just grab Earthbound and something else. For anyone who's played both, which would you recommend picking up?
Take a look at the controls for Uprising and make a decision. Some people could deal with it (such as myself), but others couldn't and it's understandable why. The game itself is great though, and has a ton of content.

Edit: This should be compatible with the N3DS right? If so, that would make it much better.

I want to give a shoutout to Hikami for getting me Earthbound, never had a chance to play it so I'm excited to lay down at night with my remote and enjoying my first playthrough.

CPCunha

...it makes no sense rewarding me for buying games by giving me the option of downloading exactly the games i bought...

<=0(

I have 510 coins.

Most expensive physical product I can afford is that desk calender. It's a shame that I'll never get that Duck Hunt poster.

Looking at the available Wii U games, I have varying levels of interest in Super Punch-Out, F-Zero, Pilotwings, Super Mario World, and Dr. Luigi. Dr. Luigi is the most expensive thing that I can afford and don't have yet. Wii Fit U seems like a rip-off, since it doesn't come with the balance board or the pedometer.

I'm not really interested in any of the Wii or 3DS offerings.

Hmm.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't just register literally every game I have and amass a bunch of coins to buy up these games?

There's going to be no other use for pre 2015 games anymore right?

I'm both happy and sad nothing super big was put up, I could have missed it while I was asleep...

I got the new Smash posters (I really wanted the Xenoblade one framed) and Ketzal's Corridors.

So, as a person completely uneducated in the ways of Club Nintendo but still have managed to get 850 points, is there any chance the digital games are coming to the EU version? Is it NA only, or is EU likely to updated later?

The EU Star Catalogue is a goddamn wasteland of pointless crap I don't want, but I would love to get a couple of games.

Sorry if this has been addressed already because I haven't been paying attention, but is it common for the site to show a bunch of "to-dos" and then you go to do them and it won't let you because it says the game's already expired? Like what the hell, take those out of my to-dos then.

Epic Yarn, Sin & Punishment, Golden Sun Dark Dawn etc. A bunch of them are listed as to-dos for me but it tells me they're expired.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Found enough unused codes to get to 700 coins. Which of these 3DS games should I get?
NSMB2, DKCR3D, StarFox 64 3D or Kid Icarus: Uprising?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Star Fox 3D as a reward? Impressive, I wanted to get that one! Sadly it costs 700 coins, and I only have 395, so no SF for me.

MrDaravon

Hmm, I have 870 coins. Not sure if I want to get either:

-Kid Icarus Uprising + some GB game
-Wonderful 101 + Earthbound
-Super Mario 3D Land + Earthbound

$$$-wise Kid Icarus would make the most sense right? Wonderful 101 is regularly on sale places for ~$20, and physical copies of Mario 3D Land are definitely cheaper than Kid Icarus.

Azuran

Banned
GAF pls, stop tanking the site. I need to register over 50 games so I can get that bag before class starts.

Arc07

I bought the puzzle and the messenger bag and didn't even see the 3DS XL pouch. 110 coins shy so that's not happening. So if anyone wants to trade the pouch for the messenger bag or puzzle, PM me and we'll set something up.

Big Chungus

have 1300 points, not sure what to get...

maybe mario 3 since I never beat it when i was a kid?

sorta looking at majoras mask(n64) too...

So, as a person completely uneducated in the ways of Club Nintendo but still have managed to get 850 points, is there any chance the digital games are coming to the EU version? Is it NA only, or is EU likely to updated later?

The EU Star Catalogue is a goddamn wasteland of pointless crap I don't want, but I would love to get a couple of games.

Who can say? We've never had games given out on the EU stars catalogue ever, but they'll probably want to provide something for people to use excess stars on, and digital games essentially have zero cost ,so...

Still, 850 EU stars are worth a lot less than 850 NA coins (you get roughly 5 times as many stars as coins). So don't be expecting to get Wonderful 101 or anything for that. You might, if lucky, get a virtual console game. However, note that Wii points for the old Wii shop had 4000 stars being worth 1000 wii points, which was 1 n64 game, or 1 snes game + change, or 2 NES games.

So don't expect a lot.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You know, I'm surprised anyone would go for a cheap canvas messenger bag over something neat like the jigsaw puzzle.

Worst music quality, but has 6 extra levels to make up for it. Still the same great game though, and since we're likely never getting the SNES version anyway you might as well go for it.
Thanks, guess I'll skip. Wii U VC is so incredibly disappointing.

Bleeether

Okay so i cant register the Wii u i bought because an old wii u i returned last year is still linked to my club nintendo.

I had no idea i was suppose to unlink the system before getting rid of it. Is there any way to unlink the old wii u ?

Top Bottom