• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Club Nintendo Rewards Catalog out

Celegus

Think I'll grab PM64 then, hopefully actually get around to playing it someday! Should've mentioned I did rather enjoy TTYD and Super Mario RPG back in the day. So that makes Earthbound, NSMB2, Link's Awakening, Paper Mario, and Mario 64 so far. I'm digging this fire sale! Still have carts of Link to the Past and Super Metroid (Earthbound too, but that seems worth it to get a backup of).

Quick question before I order them actually... is it possible to use the Wii U Gamepad to play N64 games in Wii mode? Or do I need to bust out a Wii-mote? That would kind of kill it for me, since I don't have a classic controller, and Mario 64 on a wii-mote sounds not great.

ReyVGM

Quick question before I order them actually... is it possible to use the Wii U Gamepad to play N64 games in Wii mode? Or do I need to bust out a Wii-mote? That would kind of kill it for me, since I don't have a classic controller, and Mario 64 on a wii-mote sounds not great.

You need a Wii Classic Controller. Cannot use Wii U Gamepad.

Uhhhhhh so I bought a WiiU about a month ago. Kept all the paperwork in the little plastic sleevee,

And I can't find the damn thing. Was it a regular piece of paper like you get in games?

maxcriden

Is it too late to do post play surveys if they've expired?

Yes. You could call Nintendo and ask for them to reinstate your surveys as I did but it was a good chunk of time and I got a month (so 11 or so) post-play surveys back. Others have had no luck (via webchat help) on GAF or much more luck (a year restored) on Reddit, so YMMV.

JazzmanZ

went through every club nintendo code I have to see if there were any games I could get coins off of.

Managed only to get 165 coins just enough to only buy some gameboy games...lol :(

maxcriden

went through every club nintendo code I have to see if there were any games I could get coins off of.

Managed only to get 165 coins just enough to only buy some gameboy games...lol :(

Might get some post-play codes, though. Did you do the list of free games that give you codes?

FWIW, even if all you can get is DK '94, if you haven't played it yet you'll be getting one of the best games ever :)

JazzmanZ

Might get some post-play codes, though. Did you do the list of free games that give you codes?

FWIW, even if all you can get is DK '94, if you haven't played it yet you'll be getting one of the best games ever :)

free games that give you codes? no.
and I already own all the good gameboy games on the list to begin with DK'94 is definitely great.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Are they still doing post plays? I registered a bunch of games, but haven't seen a post play of Bayonetta 2, which I registered a good month or two ago.

Also is anyone else's Wii U Smash Bros code not working? It just doesn't want to register for me. No mention of an error of any kind, it just refreshes to the pin entry screen.

maxcriden

free games that give you codes? no.
and I already own all the good gameboy games on the list to begin with DK'94 is definitely great.

Lemme see if I can find it.

....Here you go :)

3DS - Steel Diver Sub Wars (5 Registration, 10 Post Play)
3DS - Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (5 Registration, 10 Post Play)
3DS - Pokemon Bank (5 Registration, 10 Post Play)
Wii U - Lucadian Chronicles (0 Registration, 10 Post Play)
Wii U - Zen Pinball 2 (0 Registration, 10 Post Play)

Are they still doing post plays? I registered a bunch of games, but haven't seen a post play of Bayonetta 2, which I registered a good month or two ago.

Also is anyone else's Wii U Smash Bros code not working? It just doesn't want to register for me. No mention of an error of any kind, it just refreshes to the pin entry screen.

Post-plays: they should still be happening for 3DS/Wii U games. Check your to-do history and if it wasn't there, contact CN.

SSB code: Try entering it again later. Also could try entering it from the tab on the rewards vs. the main page.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Well, one really good thing to come out of this, is I'm finally getting all of my Ambassador games!
It wasn't until I was checking my history that I saw all of those games that I haven't had access to because I never transferred the licenses from my original 3DS.

I'm pretty stoked to finally have these games on my 3DS!

Sakujou

Banned
have you seen the shit nintendo offers to german nintendo customers?
i have never spent anything on it.

now my 10.000 stars are going off the sky.

FUCK YOU nintendo.

and congratz to my fellow amuricans for getting nice games.

Visit the eShop on the Wii U and you should be able to link it through there.

That's so weird. It's already linked apparently, but when I go to the website and click Accounts and Coins, and then check the Products it's not showing up.

Should I try unlinking my NNID from Club Nintendo and then try linking them back up?

I logged into my Club Nintendo account and had 70 coins left from the previous year. There's no 160 points (WiiU) added to that anywhere.

edit:pROBLEM SOLVED

zroid

Banned
have you seen the shit nintendo offers to german nintendo customers?
i have never spent anything on it.

now my 10.000 stars are going off the sky.

FUCK YOU nintendo.

and congratz to my fellow amuricans for getting nice games.

I would've got those pajamas or whatever

edit: "Relaxation Set"

SystemUser

Yeah, just might get uprising especially with the new 3ds coming out next week so the controls shouldn't be to bad.

Kid Icarus: Uprising supports the Circle Pad Pro, but only for left handed play. You can't move with one stick and aim with the other. You use the touchscreen as a trackpad. It's not the worst control scheme, but it is not the best either.

Smidget

If I try to register multiples of the same game (i.e. I have 2 copies of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for example) will it work or will it give me an error and I should maybe trade those codes with others?

OMG I'm at 580 coins. I REALLY want The Wonderful 101 game.

Should I go buy Zombie U?

UGH, that's really the only game I'm slightly interested in. But man...........20 COINS :(

I actually played PP64 after TTYD and Iiked PP64 better. I found the level design, characters and story better too.

Thanks for supporting my thoughts. Makes me feel better about the whole thing. FWIW I'd consider PM64 and TTYD to be equal games. I'm also equally burnt out on both of them. XD

zychi

Banned
Thanks for supporting my thoughts. Makes me feel better about the whole thing. FWIW I'd consider PM64 and TTYD to be equal games. I'm also equally burnt out on both of them. XD

Just watched a duel speed run of PM64, game still holds up. I prefer TTYD but Paper Mario was my favorite game when it came out and I have fond memories of it.

Person at a gamestop near me scavenging club Nintendo codes

Employees don't care/didn't do it before? Or is he being all sneaky about it? Dude at my local Gamestops would be screaming at him.

OMG I'm at 580 coins. I REALLY want The Wonderful 101 game.

Should I go buy Zombie U?

UGH, that's really the only game I'm slightly interested in. But man...........20 COINS :(

Did you download the free games that give you coins?

3DS - Steel Diver Sub Wars (5 Registration, 10 Post Play)
3DS - Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (5 Registration, 10 Post Play)
3DS - Pokemon Bank (5 Registration, 10 Post Play)
Wii U - Lucadian Chronicles (0 Registration, 10 Post Play)
Wii U - Zen Pinball 2 (0 Registration, 10 Post Play)

Ive got 1400 points and I dont know what to spend it on.

There are a few games I want to grab, but I would rather have the physical versions of them, and none of the physical rewards are very interesting to me. So Im at a loss as to what I should do. haha.

Maybe I should get the physical ones and sell them or something.

Tried to get Link's Awakening a couple of days ago, but couldn't thanks to to error messages. Now the coins are gone, its in my order history, and I don't have access to the game. Gonna wait until Monday to see if it fixes itself, then I'll contact support I guess.

Laws00

Just watched a duel speed run of PM64, game still holds up. I prefer TTYD but Paper Mario was my favorite game when it came out and I have fond memories of it.

Employees don't care/didn't do it before? Or is he being all sneaky about it? Dude at my local Gamestops would be screaming at him.

I over heard him talking to his brothers or sisters and he said that they didn't care. But if one of the known managers was there he would have told him no either way. Guess he got lucky

zychi

Banned
Tried to get Link's Awakening a couple of days ago, but couldn't thanks to to error messages. Now the coins are gone, its in my order history, and I don't have access to the game. Gonna wait until Monday to see if it fixes itself, then I'll contact support I guess.

it should have emailed the code to you too

Eyothrie

Click "Account & Coins" next to your coin total. Click the "Order Inquiries" tab, Next to Link's Awakening, click "View Game Code"

Labrys

Is Captain Toad supposed to have a club nintendo code in it??

I got it today new and it only has this little wiiu safety insert in it...

Labrys

I ended up calling Nintendo and they manually added the game to my account by using the code on the back of my case above the bar code. Dude was really helpful and the survey showed up right then and there.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
If I try to register multiples of the same game (i.e. I have 2 copies of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for example) will it work or will it give me an error and I should maybe trade those codes with others?
Trade. Nintendo will start deleting your coins if the notice you have multiples.

Did you download the free games that give you coins?
I downloaded these on a linked 3DS, but they haven't shown up. Are they delayed with all the traffic to the site?

Big Chungus

hmm, registered a copy of m&l dream team but it gave me an error after filling out the survey.

when i tried registering again it says that my pin has been used.

should i wait or contact customer support?

hmm, registered a copy of m&l dream team but it gave me an error after filling out the survey.

when i tried registering again it says that my pin has been used.

should i wait or contact customer support?

Wait. The survey will pop up in your to do eventually...this happened to me

vall03

Hmmmm, still can't decide where to spend my remaining 715 coins. Wonderful 101 and Kid Icarus just aren't my type of games, and people are also saying to avoid Sticker Star which is a shame. So far, I got Earthbound.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that I registered around a dozen games last week and only got half Post Play surveys. So I guess this is it for my coins.

Top Bottom