• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandte

giphy.gif

Visceir

Hmm, I have a bad feeling about people jumping in and getting burnt out quick as there's so little content in the game as of now.

I doubt they'll add anything until the official-official release either and going by the trailer they seem intent on delaying that until E3?

Then again they did add those 2 characters already, hmm.

The japanese version has had weekly updates and pretty much always stuff to do.

heiyu

after completing the tutorial and going for the menu for party and such the game presents a bundle for me to buy, if i decline the game crashes. when i boot it up again it shows me the bundle again. oh god why -_-

Dandte

after completing the tutorial and going for the menu for party and such the game presents a bundle for me to buy, if i decline the game crashes. when i boot it up again it shows me the bundle again. oh god why -_-

Maybe try the option: don't show again?

Pejo

I pulled a Terra, is that good enough or should I go for someone in the 'best' tier? Also, would there be overlap with the promo Terra unit?

I read that Terra is the only unit with Raise in Global for quite a bit, if that sounds worth it to you. The two Terra units really aren't all that similar. Look at the skills and the rest of the characters here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units

FWIW, I have Terra 4* and she's been a staple in my party since getting her. Solid attack with guns (can use the free Capella you get for 26 attack), solid MAG stat and spell selection (and gets Cura at 4*), can give her additional crafted spells, and she has an AoE non elemental limit break. The content (at least in the beta) has been easy enough that she will rip through regular enemies.

heiyu

Maybe try the option: don't show again?

i select it but since the game crashes it never remembers the option, well started again from the start and see if it doesnt crash now

It happened again, my ipad mini doesn't want to play this, oh well...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
1) I really love FFRK. How does this game compare?

2) Any reason I shouldn't just wait for the US App Store launch?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units#D/

Everyone down to Russel is in the game apparently.

thanks. now i need a bit of advice. i have 3* krile which seems like it can get up to 5* saved to my facebook (saw the tip about creating a dummy account too late :( ) and i just pulled a 3* Garland which looks like it can also up to 5*. On one tier list krile is above garland and on another garland is in the A section of the tier list but krile is not on the list. which would be better to keep?

tl;dr 3* Krile or 3* Garland? Don't feel like rerolling anymore.

Kettch

thanks. now i need a bit of advice. i have 3* krile which seems like it can get up to 5* saved to my facebook (saw the tip about creating a dummy account too late :( ) and i just pulled a 3* Garland which looks like it can also up to 5*. On one tier list krile is above garland and on another garland is in the A section of the tier list but krile is not on the list. which would be better to keep?

tl;dr 3* Krile or 3* Garland? Don't feel like rerolling anymore.

I'm not an expert, but I don't think it's a big deal either way. I'd say just stick with the facebook account.

From what I can tell each day you can unlock one for free? But after that it costs 100 lapis?
That's about it.
Pick the one you need for the day.
Pay Lapis if you want another.
Resets at 5PM PST.

I recommend the EXP vortex this early until you reach max level, then unlock and farm the "awaken" material one for a day so you can upgrade those characters.

Skulldead

Anybody else have this problem, when i try to get the Quest that is on a Board in port village, the game just freeze and crash ?

Euphor!a

Banned
Anybody else have this problem, when i try to get the Quest that is on a Board in port village, the game just freeze and crash ?

Yep, had this issue too. it was in the building in the top left, I would just walk up to it and the game would either lock up or crash

Falk

that puzzling face
1) I really love FFRK. How does this game compare?

2) Any reason I shouldn't just wait for the US App Store launch?

It's less of a nostalgia trip and more of an actual game past just gameplay (RK's gameplay is great at the the forefront). No comment comparing the developer's pedigrees/histories.

Jumping in now means you get a small head start and can start accumulating daily login/daily mission rewards, I guess. But I don't think it's a giant head start in the grand scheme of things.

Shouta

Are the friend points good for anything other than summoning the crappy characters?

There will be a special summon later on that happens periodically where Friend Points will get you Gil Turtles (sell for gil) or Metal Cactuars (Fuse into units for XP).

Euphor!a

Banned

I don't know if this is relevant to you but I was playing on an emulator when it was happening, I transferred over to my android and it worked fine. Once I got passed that part I just transferred back

Dandte

So far My pulls were

Cecil
Cyan
Krile
Rydia
Rydia
Shadow

For now i will stop Pulling. I can Build a pure physical and Full magical Team.....But Why is shadow so Bad :/

Zunja

Man it feels impossible to get some awakening material. I have Kain, Shanttoto, Garland, Cyan, and Bartz all waiting to hit 4 stars but I can't find the sacred crystals. I read on the JP wiki that intermediate has the same drop chance as ADV but of course costs 10 less so I'm trying that.

Yu Narukami

Man it feels impossible to get some awakening material. I have Kain, Shanttoto, Garland, Cyan, and Bartz all waiting to hit 4 stars but I can't find the sacred crystals. I read on the JP wiki that intermediate has the same drop chance as ADV but of course costs 10 less so I'm trying that.

I'm swimming in sacred crystals because I grinded for heaven's ash. That shit is so rare.

Rootbeer

Banned
Reposting my friend code from the previous thread

Zulith | 986356554

Currently sharing Kain. Working on getting better units though, don't worry :)

I was rerolling for a while but no luck getting the top units. That's fine. I'm not a free player, I'll be spending some $$$ over time to round out my party and hopefully get some of the great ones.

Rixa

Since this is fresh game in the western world, going to jump in. Much similarities to Brave Frontier (which I played couple months). Let the rerolling start :).
Reddit Global QA megathread

Aim is to get one of these.
"Best": Vaan | Exdeath | Bartz | Cecil | CoD

Skulldead

I don't know if this is relevant to you but I was playing on an emulator when it was happening, I transferred over to my android and it worked fine. Once I got passed that part I just transferred back

Yeah I'm using a emulator right now... my tablet is not good enough... sad...

Edit : did some research look like a common bug... is there a place we can send them our problem ?

Also the QA said no wipe, great news !

Re roll after re roll and finally got Ex-Death, then logged into my Facebook so the data gets saved.

Come back in, Lapis is of course still gone, but so is Ex-Death...

This sucks. Took me over 100 tries to finally get a top tier.

Never mind, it changes it to me previous save from the dummy account.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom