• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whizkid7

Is it just incredibly rare or impossible to get anything beyond a 1-star for your first summon? I've always just gotten Tronn, Leah, or this Rizer guy. Anyway, I finally got Firion from the 500 lapis summon. He's only a 3-star, but I'll take it. I wish I had gotten someone better than awful Rizer from the first story-forced summon, but I don't think I can stomach rerolling anymore.

Pretty sure that first one is always going to be a 1 star no matter what. It's the summon right after that matters.

Chille

I am getting some good items from coliseum now but don't think it's possible to craft them lol, did the rank 4 C boss fight and got a barfira scroll, it needs mega fire crysta

Meh, didn't link my FB but signed in with my Google account so when I deleted the app to reroll it auto logged me in.

Am I screwed? I got Fran, Shantotto and Cyan but was hoping for a Kain.

Visceir

The danger in going by japanese wikis is that you might be looking at things that won't be available for the next upcoming 4 months.

6* Cloud of Darkness is top-tier, but it got a 6* evo in jp version just weeks ago, which means it won't be available in global for the next months.

5* Cloud Of Darkness is rather underwheling, its weapon equip type is very limited and it has no materia slots which will play a huge role later on in the game. Still a decent unit compared to the pool that is available at the moment though.

Why is Vaan considered as "Best"? I see him rated 83/100 on that site.

Vaan is the original Full Break unit. Full break lowers one monsters's all stats by 30%, which makes all your units deal more damage to it and make it deal less damage to you, probably one of the best skills to be used vs bosses.

Other than that Vaan has Concentrate, which increases all party's mag/spt by 40%.

Also has good equipment variety and +20% atk skill.

He hasn't gotten a 6* version (yet) in jp version, that's why he is rated lower.

WarAdept

Currently on Global, he's the only Full Break user (damage + 30% reduction in all stats). And from a bit of research, having a support character that basically spams this makes fights a whole lot easier. Later on, there are better Full Break users so his ranking isn't as good as time goes on.

I didn't realise you could get Lasswell and Rain to 5* in the beta! I just need a few more ash! Drop damn you!

I have a couple questions:

1) I'm getting longish (1-2 seconds) delays every time I open a character's skill window (slide right). It's longest when the character has a lot of skills. Does this happen to anyone else?
2) To level up Limit Breaks, do you have to actually use them in battle? Or can I simply autobattle as long as I overpower the enemy?

Just a little thing in case somebody have missed it. You can change what you get from your friend's gifts. I chose Water Crystal yesterday and I got gifted with a lot of them.

Wow, I had no idea. I assumed that was just what you gifted and everyone else were also gifting friend points.

Yep, had this issue too. it was in the building in the top left, I would just walk up to it and the game would either lock up or crash

Yeah, same. It just locks up the app for me.

It's still a useless upgrade in a way since that character only gets 1% of Eidolon's stats.

1 freaking %.

What. Seriously? Damn, I hope there's a way to reset esper builds then. :/

The japanese version got Secret Of Mana characters too, so technically no SE property is off the table -- Chrono Trigger would be the dream.

Would you say they would be... a dream team?

Rixa

Vaan is the original Full Break unit. Full break lowers one monsters's all stats by 30%, which makes all your units deal more damage to it and make it deal less damage to you, probably one of the best skills to be used vs bosses.

Other than that Vaan has Concentrate, which increases all party's mag/spt by 40%.

Also has good equipment variety and +20% atk skill.

He hasn't gotten a 6* version (yet) in jp version, that's why he is rated lower.

Currently on Global, he's the only Full Break user (damage + 30% reduction in all stats). And from a bit of research, having a support character that basically spams this makes fights a whole lot easier. Later on, there are better Full Break users so his ranking isn't as good as time goes on.

I didn't realise you could get Lasswell and Rain to 5* in the beta! I just need a few more ash! Drop damn you!
Alas, my rerolling has ended, pulled 3* Vaan.
Name: RixGAF
ID: 147,899,569

Time to sleep & tomorrow autogrind. Feel free to add me.

Zunja

I posted it in the last one but might as well in the OT.

Name: Zularti
ID: 933 130 459

I use Gabrand or Bartz as my leader, both are good from what I can gather. I really like my team though I got Kain and Shantotto, two of my favorites. I'm liking it a lot so far but I played a ton of Brave Frontier so this is a best of both worlds. I really couldn't get into FFRK. It may sound dumb but I like that people are behind the RNG walls, kinda. When I actually get my Kain, which my gf pulled, I get super hype knowing that it's random.

Though right now I need 1 farplane dew for Gabrand. Spent all day grinding for the heavens ash for Kain. Once I got it I found about 12 more and not a single farplane dew.

Add me, GAF: 176 560 599

Rolled Roselia. Tempted to keep it. Ahhh, damn my OCD min maxing.

Edit: Rolled 3 star Cecil. I'm good now right?

That's what I went with.

My other draws weren't spectacular, but I have a decent enough team right now:
Cecil / Lasswell / Rain / Bedile / Krile

Cecil's Limit + Krile's Limit = Damage Mitigation & HPRegen
Krile's Lightning + Bedile's Thunder Blade / Slash = Elemental Synergy
It's also nice having Cure on two characters for emergency heals.

Negator

So having the 3* version of a character and powering it up to 4* would be the same result as pulling a 4* version right? Just making sure I know how this game works.

Just beat the white dragon guarding the sword Murasame in the farplane.

13232865_10154849980008989_3831713475001463964_n.jpg

Only character I have that can use a katana is Firion but he seems OK to me. Using his blade bash to paralyze and Edgar's poisoning bio blaster I was able to take him out with an under leveled team. Took a couple tries but got it done!

So having the 3* version of a character and powering it up to 4* would be the same result as pulling a 4* version right? Just making sure I know how this game works.

I think you always pull the particular characters base * quality. Like if you pull Cecil he always comes as a 3*

Negator

I think you always pull the particular characters base * quality. Like if you pull Cecil he always comes as a 3*

Not quite sure. I remember pulling a 4* Penelo from an orange crystal, and then getting a blue 3* Penelo crystal later. I have seen the blue crystal turn into an orange, but it was on a different roll.

Where is the best place to farm Heaven's Ash? I can't find any for the life of me, I've done over 10 chamber of awakening advance and nothing so far.

forgrim

i just tried to install this game on two of my phones and both of them get this black screen after it asks whether i want to download files before or after the tutorial...anyone get this?

Jeffrey

Just beat the white dragon guarding the sword Murasame in the farplane.

13232865_10154849980008989_3831713475001463964_n.jpg

Only character I have that can use a katana is Firion but he seems OK to me. Using his blade bash to paralyze and Edgar's poisoning bio blaster I was able to take him out with an under leveled team. Took a couple tries but got it done!

impressive. i tried similar and i can't even land a paralyze after a lot of retries :(

Javaman

i just tried to install this game on two of my phones and both of them get this black screen after it asks whether i want to download files before or after the tutorial...anyone get this?

Same here. Samsung s3

Edit: aw crap, root detector?

Kettch

I'm running 4* Bartz as my leader. I sent out a bunch of requests, but feel free to add me if you want. 446,469,467.

Just awakened a bunch of my characters today, so I'm gonna level them up a bit and then see if I can take down the dragon too.

Otheradam

His Trust master is Dual-Wield which, if you can get it, is amazing. But it's a long road to that and as a character, he's not great right now.

Hmm, ok. Will probably try a bit more rerolls with another account and see if I can get anyone better.

linkent

Is there anything you should be doing with your Lapis other than just rolling more characters?
You will definitely need to increase slot for awakening materials.
Viscair said his is 80 slots, i raised mine to 70 which required 400 lapis.
Should stop summong once you got a nice 5man party.
There could be increase rate of getting certain characters in the future.

I hate this stupid menu color.
Add slot confirmation?
Red No, Blue yes.

Spend lapis on refill?
Blue No, Red yes.

Wtf... Spent 100lapis accidentally last night as i was sleepy.

Pejo

Where is the best place to farm Heaven's Ash? I can't find any for the life of me, I've done over 10 chamber of awakening advance and nothing so far.

So other than the Awakening Materials INT and ADV stages, the only place I've seen to get it is from using the Steal skill on dinosaurs in the Colosseum. Good luck, that ash grind is painful.

I don't think I've ever been so hard up for stamina in a mobile game before. I'm constantly draining it all as soon as it hits certain amounts. Ranking up really starts to slow down around 17.

Bigrx1

Banned
Well, I lasted about 5 days before uninstalling, kind of like Kingdom Hearts Chronicles X. Very similar in that you very quickly go through the main content, then all there is left to do is grind grind grind grind GRIND to get your team up (medals up in Kingdom Hearts). Absolutely no fun to it for me going through that process of getting your characters to from 3 stars, to 4 stars then 5 stars then 6 stars as literally you just do the same daily dungeon over and over and over.

The explore areas are fun in this game, but it took me 5 days to complete them playing about 2 hours a day.

The battle system in this game is mind numbingly dull. Record Keeper blows this game away in terms of battle, strategy and skills in combat (but then again that's ALL that Record Keeper has).

Overall, it's just mediocre F2P fare with Final Fantasy skin slapped on top. If you enjoy the endless mind numbing grind this sort of game offers - it's for you.

Visceir

Well, I lasted about 5 days before uninstalling, kind of like Kingdom Hearts Chronicles X. Very similar in that you very quickly go through the main content, then all there is left to do is grind grind grind grind GRIND to get your team up (medals up in Kingdom Hearts). Absolutely no fun to it for me going through that process of getting your characters to from 3 stars, to 4 stars then 5 stars then 6 stars as literally you just do the same daily dungeon over and over and over.

The explore areas are fun in this game, but it took me 5 days to complete them playing about 2 hours a day.

The battle system in this game is mind numbingly dull. Record Keeper blows this game away in terms of battle, strategy and skills in combat (but then again that's ALL that Record Keeper has).

Overall, it's just mediocre F2P fare with Final Fantasy skin slapped on top. If you enjoy the endless mind numbing grind this sort of game offers - it's for you.

Keep in mind the game isn't officially out yet and this is pretty much a beta with very little content.

Hopefully there will be more content when the game actually, y'know, releases.

insanekyo

Neo Member

Isn't this true for all f2p mobile games? While there's actually a story, in the end it's all about collecting characters in one form or another.

Falk

that puzzling face

I mean, you're comparing a game that just came out, and a game that hasn't come out, vs a game that's been out for over a year.

Record Keeper when it came out was basically, uh, grind 2* orbs to try to rank up your Thundara, then farm the shit out of Sephiroth and then Cecil events for 3* Summon orbs to make a single use of a 3* Summon so you could maybe do overtuned FF6 Elites, and nothing much else.

Just due to how development/service works as a fundamental nature of gacha/event-driven games (games-as-a-service, yadda yadda) these games get more meaty as time goes by. Except in very specific cases*, you don't really have to grind or min-max every single bit of stamina/energy/AP/whatever to get really far. Meaning if at some points all you're doing with your AP is grinding a couple percent more affection, you're probably not going to be supremely penalized for letting it just waste away while waiting for more actual content to spend your stamina on.

If you're looking for a similar experience with more content than you can shake a stick at, take a gander at Granblue Fantasy. It's set up similarly in many ways, except it doesn't quite have explorable towns/dungeons and the UI is complete ass, but it's 2 years old at this point and you never ever run out of things to do.

Terra Battle lol

Visceir

Can't really speak for the global version or how that will be handled but I've been playing the JP version the past 6 months or so and have been rather happy with the updates and content they've provided.

~Once a month there have been big chunks of story content with new islands/maps, espers, quests and story main-characters. Every 2 weeks or so it has gotten various events with rare weapons/equipment and summon tickets as rewards along with a batch of new characters to go with it.

Along with the story content there also gets a new really tough trial boss added to the vortex with a really good reward (like the white dragon currently is).

All that + new modes like pvp getting added.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Pretty crazy to make those assumptions when all we have is the first island in this beta.

Sounds like mobile gaming isn't your thing. Those same complaints apply across the board to gacha games.

ZangBa

I kinda agree that it gets repetitive really quick, barely any content and the gameplay isn't too good. Yeah, sure, it's a beta that's been soft launched, but if they are already asking for money, then it's completely fair to judge it as is.

The story is basically FFII quality so far, let's be honest. Nothing too riveting here. The exploration maps are very small, all the secrets are pretty obvious and they are a huge bore to maximize experience/materials from. The towns are ok, but the NPC's have pretty much nothing of value to offer. The sidequests are grindfests and uninteresting, there's maybe a couple that are all right.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the character art, it just looks ugly to me. I'm not sure why I even keep playing, I guess nostalgia is a hell of a thing.

The music is pretty good and probably the best thing about it.

Bigrx1

Banned
Pretty crazy to make those assumptions when all we have is the first island in this beta.

Sounds like mobile gaming isn't your thing. Those same complaints apply across the board to gacha games.

Crazy to make what assumptions? I just posted what my EXPERIENCE was of playing the game, which isn't an assumption.

Regarding your other statement, and addressing some other replies, I think the thing here is that in general I just don't like THIS mechanic of advancing in mobile games. I don't dislike all mobile F2P gatcha games, but this one where you collect characters (medals in Kingdom hearts) that have a star rating, and you level them up via fusing other characters into them until reaching max level, then advance them to the next star level, then raise them up to max level again (since they start at level 1 at the new star rating), rinse / repeat to max star rarity. This is in tons of mobile F2P games and I don't think it's fun. Maybe it is for some others, but not me. And the grind to get max trust with a character to get that bonus is enormous also.

And people, please don't come at me with the "it's just beta" argument. It's old, tired, and lost it's legitimacy years ago when soft launches / open betas like this became in essence demos years ago. There is nothing changing in the mechanics of the game - you only have to look at the Japan version to know that. Good grief.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't really think of any prominent gacha which isn't about fusing duplicates to power them up in some form or another, to be quite honest.

Although what the gacha is, and how prominent the relative power levels are, etc can all change how the game flows, of course.

And people, please don't come at me with the "it's just beta" argument. It's old, tired, and lost it's legitimacy years ago when soft launches / open betas like this became in essence demos years ago. There is nothing changing in the mechanics of the game - you only have to look at the Japan version to know that. Good grief.

If you can legitimately say Record Keeper had compelling gameplay 6 months in compared to where the game is now, I'll stop 'coming at you'. (And that's totally fine, opinions and all that) Using Record Keeper as an example here solely because it's what you referenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom