• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visceir

I've still got a Vaan account left over that I can give away. It has all the stages done and Vaan at lvl 40. Just gotta provide me with a dummy FB account I can link it to.

Edit: gone

Rootbeer

Banned
The reroll guide in the OP might not be clear enough, some people are still doing it wrong. Assuming they are reading the OP heh

Skulldead

What's the business model like? I don't mind paying, just not for consumables/chance items.

Standard energies use for dungeon or battle, paid to get crystal, to get a change to summon a new unit, upgrade number of crafting slot, unlock special event for 24h, buy key to unlock special chest in dungeon and town, recharge the number of time you do the Colosseum.

Everything else feel like a JRPG where you can move around dungeon and town.

Dandte

I've still got a Vaan account left over that I can give away. It has all the stages done and Vaan at lvl 40. Just gotta provide me with a dummy FB account I can link it to.
Can you Reserve it for me? A friend of Mine is currently rerolling but unavailable at the Moment

Girlfriend pretty much got the best roll ever.

First rare pull was Paladin Cecil, second one was ExDeath. I told her to not pull anything else for a while because she won't really need to. Meanwhile, my second rare pull netted me Vivi, who isn't bad but he isn't really killin' it like some other mage characters I've used.

BurningNad

Is there any fix for the black screen issue aside from unrooting my phone? I really don't want to do that just for a game... Dammit Square! I just want to play and possibly spend money on your game ffs!

Lan_97

I read that Terra is the only unit with Raise in Global for quite a bit, if that sounds worth it to you. The two Terra units really aren't all that similar. Look at the skills and the rest of the characters here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units

FWIW, I have Terra 4* and she's been a staple in my party since getting her. Solid attack with guns (can use the free Capella you get for 26 attack), solid MAG stat and spell selection (and gets Cura at 4*), can give her additional crafted spells, and she has an AoE non elemental limit break. The content (at least in the beta) has been easy enough that she will rip through regular enemies.

Thanks for the info. I also ended up pulling 4* Duane and 3*Cyan to fill out the party. I'm constantly tempted to go on a reroll binge, but I feel this is good enough.

bonkeng

Is there any fix for the black screen issue aside from unrooting my phone? I really don't want to do that just for a game... Dammit Square! I just want to play and possibly spend money on your game ffs!

Yeah im waiting on this too. Can't justify unrooting just for a game, yet.

Hopefully the official release will fix this.

Falk

that puzzling face
Out of curiosity have you ever tried the APK of the Japanese version of Exvius and does it still exhibit the same behavior?

Out of curiosity have you ever tried the APK of the Japanese version of Exvius and does it still exhibit the same behavior?
I've played JP BE on Droid4x without any issue and I'm pretty sure that is rooted. Here's to hoping that the Global version can work on rooted devices eventually (or will patched by others if not).

Jeffrey

Anyone play the jp version on ipad? Is it badly stretched too?

Pretty disappointing, why ruin the best thing about this game, the sprites?

Visceir

I was playing around with the emulators today and after disabling root in Nox emulator I got it to work, meanwhile the japanese version runs fine with root on.

Pejo

Heaven's Ash is the worst. And everyone needs it. Bleh.

Got my whole main party up to 4* now, just gotta regain some levels until I take on the white dragon for real.

Did I read somewhere that Bio Blaster is craftable for 50% poison proc? I need to find that recipe.

Foofaraw

This is Brave Frontier with a Final Fantasy skin, huh. Maybe I'll actually learn to spark.

I'm not going to reroll , but both of my rolls got me Clyne. Lame.

Ochibi

Heaven's Ash is the worst. And everyone needs it. Bleh.

Got my whole main party up to 4* now, just gotta regain some levels until I take on the white dragon for real.

Did I read somewhere that Bio Blaster is craftable for 50% poison proc? I need to find that recipe.

This + litrock + Sacred Crystal

Ochibi

At least you can get Litrock from grinding the Fulan Pass exploration mode. The magitek guys can drop it, I believe.

Sacred Crystals I've only ever got from the Awaken Dungeon. Seems to drop fairly often from INT.

I'm getting Litrock at Siren's dungeon, the last one before the fight to get her.

Jeffrey

anyone get notifications to work on ios? Would love to know when my energy is full like in other games. Don't want to set a phone alarm >.>

Vex_

Banned
So I dont understand:

What is Siren's ATK stat even for? Makes no sense to me if all she has is a magic attack? Why bother even having that upgrade path on her tree?

Whizkid7

I've been leaving Terra as my leader but I've recently been debating switching to Bartz as leader (to my utter shock, I got him as 5* on a roll). Does it make more sense to have a high powered damage dealer or a useful utility character as leader?

P.S. We already passed the 1.5 mil milestone, too. Dang son, that 5.5 is as good as ours.

I believe they're opening all vortex chambers this weekend. (saw a news pic)
Somewhat pointless for me, since there's only about enough energy for 1-2 runs.
So I dont understand:

What is Siren's ATK stat even for? Makes no sense to me if all she has is a magic attack? Why bother even having that upgrade path on her tree?
It's still a useless upgrade in a way since that character only gets 1% of Eidolon's stats.

1 freaking %.

Visceir

It's still a useless upgrade in a way since that character only gets 1% of Eidolon's stats.

1 freaking %.

Maxed out ifrit gives you 53 atk. 1% right there.

What are the RNG rates for these "Best" units?

I had a Ex-Death earlier but fucked up when I synced it to my dummy account, not realizing it would overwrite that game and now I have yet to see another top tier unit. I haven't even seen anything on the "Noteworthy" tier either. It's been lower tier + the one Ex-Death.

This is insane. Must have rerolled 100+ times. This is worse than Brave Frontier and that's saying a lot. :)

Pejo

I had a Ex-Death earlier but fucked up when I synced it to my dummy account, not realizing it would overwrite that game and now I have yet to see another top tier unit. I haven't even seen anything on the "Noteworthy" tier either. It's been lower tier + the one Ex-Death.

This is insane. Must have rerolled 100+ times. This is worse than Brave Frontier and that's saying a lot. :)

From Reddit:
jFiISC9.jpg

Based on a survey from users on the site.

Shouta

I've been leaving Terra as my leader but I've recently been debating switching to Bartz as leader (to my utter shock, I got him as 5* on a roll). Does it make more sense to have a high powered damage dealer or a useful utility character as leader?

P.S. We already passed the 1.5 mil milestone, too. Dang son, that 5.5 is as good as ours.

Whatever is your preferred character works. I usually change mine from to whoever got upgraded recently or to an event character if there is one.

As a whole, damage dealer is a safer bet because then whoever is on your friend's list can always slot you into your party. Slotting a healer in your friend slot works but number of times you can use them in a certain timeframe is limited so it's better to have your own healer, IMO.

1 freaking %.

1% adds a lot when fully upgraded, as Visceir points out. It's just Siren's overall stats are weak. There will be more that have better stats in general and are more specialized.

Jeffrey

don't reroll. Game isn't really that difficult. And you can craft all the gear and spells needed for content.

If you want to reroll, wait until the game launches and with all the preregistration rewards, you should be able to summon 10+ times each restart. way easier.

RedZaraki

Banned
Can.....someone explain to me this?

I dig the art style.

How long is the campaign? Or does anyone know? I would play single-player only. How necessary is paid stuff?

Did 2 Lapis pulls 4* Shadow and 3* Shantotto. Also did a friend point pull and got Wedge.

It seems a lot of players have not figured out you change leaders to change friend summon :(

So useful Japanese site stuff:
Area EXP (both unit and rank) table: http://altema.jp/ffbe/keikenchikourituichirann-2859

That site also has lots of character info and recommendations on skills to get with espers and well I might have already messed up Shiva (they recommend heading towards lullaby and alluring air in rank 1 and I went for MP+20 and apparently SP stuff is permanent, oh well :lol:)

There will be a special summon later on that happens periodically where Friend Points will get you Gil Turtles (sell for gil) or Metal Cactuars (Fuse into units for XP).
So hoard friend points? Gotcha.

I've played JP BE on Droid4x without any issue and I'm pretty sure that is rooted. Here's to hoping that the Global version can work on rooted devices eventually (or will patched by others if not).
Droid4x starts out rooted and you can unroot it using superSU (which I did, hope I don't regret it).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can.....someone explain to me this?

I dig the art style.

How long is the campaign? Or does anyone know? I would play single-player only. How necessary is paid stuff?

The game is free. Start playing it. If you like it, keep playing. If you don't, you stop.

Visceir

Watching the new FF XV trailer and all I could think was how op Noctis is going to be in FFBE, haha.

The japanese version got Secret Of Mana characters too, so technically no SE property is off the table -- Chrono Trigger would be the dream.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Now that I'm rolling with Exdeath and able to play I'll post up my friend code so people can add me.

336 636 891

Yeah been doing the same lol. Trying to get Cecil but was able to roll a Bartz and he is rated 91/100 on the altema.jp site so I'll stick to that account. I might just keep rerolling on pc while playing the Bartz account and see what I can get.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Watching the new FF XV trailer and all I could think was how op Noctis is going to be in FFBE, haha.

The japanese version got Secret Of Mana characters too, so technically no SE property is off the table -- Chrono Trigger would be the dream.

No, the world ends with you would be the dream!

Credo

Is it just incredibly rare or impossible to get anything beyond a 1-star for your first summon? I've always just gotten Tronn, Leah, or this Rizer guy. Anyway, I finally got Firion from the 500 lapis summon. He's only a 3-star, but I'll take it. I wish I had gotten someone better than awful Rizer from the first story-forced summon, but I don't think I can stomach rerolling anymore.

Visceir

Is it just incredibly rare or impossible to get anything beyond a 1-star for your first summon? I've always just gotten Tronn, Leah, or this Rizer guy. Anyway, I finally got Firion from the 500 lapis summon. He's only a 3-star, but I'll take it. I wish I had gotten someone better than awful Rizer from the first story-forced summon, but I don't think I can stomach rerolling anymore.

The first 'real' summon is considered the one you do for 500 lapis. The story summon might as well not exist as you can get those units with friend points as well (which are super easy to get)

Firion was my favorite for the longest time. his 14 MP AoE skill is pretty awesome, he has multiple 'killer' skills which increase dmg vs specific monster types by 50% and he can equip pretty much any weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom