• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

dramatis

Legitimately asking as someone who knows nothing about this game, what's to like?
It's an action rpg. You can have a party of three people that you switch between in battle, and each of your characters has a different weapon so their playstyles are different. Actions are assigned to the face buttons, with slight variations depending on whether or not you're pushing on the analog stick. Overall the combat revolves around the use of a 'kill sight' which is basically a timed target in which the enemy takes lots of damage if you hit them (at that time).

Story-wise the game follows a class of high school age kids who are (supposedly) the strongest soldiers of their nation. There are four major nations and one is running amok conquering others, hence the need for these high school kids to defend their country. There's an underlying god/myth story going on in the background.

A good game but not a great game.

daebo

Man i was expecting to be incredibly happy, instead the PS4/XB1 part let me down, i wanted it exclusive for Vita, well whatever, just let me play it.

Any screen or vid?

I will never understand fanboys.

Never.

So closeminded. Makes you wonder how they feel about social issues too.

Over the dumbest things.

IcTj0mw.png

Man i was expecting to be incredibly happy, instead the PS4/XB1 part let me down, i wanted it exclusive for Vita, well whatever, just let me play it.

Any screen or vid?
I know what you mean, but the way the market has been going I'll take a multiplatform release over no release.

Puru

Good news for people who wanted to try this. Nice to see it hit several systems.
On a side note, my ignore list will increase with this thread.

Ibuki

Banned

Any screen or vid?

Is this a joke post? How does it effect you if non Vita owners can play it?

God damn son let the Vita get some shine. They could have held off and sat on it for 6months after the PSVita release, before announcing the port for other consoles.

Still day 1 for the PSVita version

Is this a joke post? How does it effect you if non Vita owners can play it?

No big deal if non vita owners can play it if you ask me. The press release of the announcement made it seem like they were listening to psp owners when they were saying how much the desire for this game to be localized has been pouring in since it's original release. Finally it's getting localize which is great, I just wished it could have added to the growing desire for the handheld first before coming to consoles. I mean they already port over so many vita games as is or vice versa, it would have been nice to start on the handheld and then make the jump later "if" it didn't perform well. Shame they won't give it a chance, but better to get the game than to not.

Lack of a PS3 version is very odd indeed.

Probably not worth porting again if they're doing a proper HD release rather than an emulated classic.

I'm super happy, but I'm concerned that literally all they have is an announcement and have done absolutely zero work on the game yet...

They have a 100% complete localization sitting in mothballs, that's a start!

Square-Enix announce DQVII now :(

Not happening. Make peace with destruction.

RangerBAD

Good to know that the localization of the script and voice acting is already done. Hopefully this means a Fall release (probably late Fall).

holysan

Can we hope for a XII HD release as well? IIRC, single HD remasters don’t get a retail release in the west (in Japan they do), which means that either this will be a digital-only game or they will attach another title to this one.

Ezalc

Guys think about this....

THE CONTROLS ARE GOING TO BE UPGRADED WITH A PS4.

The game's camera is going to be fixed so easily, 1080p also, the camera fix is gonna turn the game from 9.0 to 10

Hopefully they fix it so that when you're using an item and choosing which member to call in for backup the game pauses. Jesus I hate that in the current game.

Top Bottom