• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

Scavenger

Hey Square, go die in a fire you worthless POS company.

Way to wait until the fan made translation is complete and released to finally announce something. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS only to port a PSP game to the PS4. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Eidos because their president, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that your company crashes and burns into the fucking sea, only to be picked apart as salvage by western iOS developers, at which time the franchises you've already defiled with incompetence and negligence can be finally whored out to smartphones.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where.

As the owner of a PS4 and a Vita please go swallow glass.
I hope this ends up on YTMND.

Moosichu

Uhm, stop port begging. This is a PS4/XB1 game.

Normally I would agree. But this is a special case.

A. The reason this game is coming over in the first place is because of people Port-Begging for it. These are not the platforns it was port-begged for.

B. The blog post originally said Vita as a plarform. So its a double punch in the gut for people who wanted this on Vita. (Ie. Most of the people who wanted this game at all)

Airgetlam

Did not see this coming at all. I really really regret watching the ending for it now because I thought it was never coming over here.

SE must hate Vita. If Vita were the old man and SE were michael scott

315884473883366016377162.gif

Go_Ly_Dow

The ironic thing about this is that Vita fans were the ones doing petitions and trying to do what they can to get the game localised and when it finally comes over, it's not on the Vita.

It's a slap in the face, to be frank.

you can't really say that.

it was fans of FF asking for the game.

Renpatsu

Type-0 is far from being the original Agito game for mobile phones announced like 8 years ago, if you want to play some mobile designed game on a portable, go play -Agito-, it's actually being released on iOS (and maybe Android?).

If not then just remote play it from the PS4 to the Vita, I mean, all those Type-0 fans are sure to be FFXV/KH3 fans, so they should/will have a PS4 eventually, and this game isn't coming out tomorrow.

Depending on how they go about remastering (or remaking?) Type-0 for PS4/XBO it's going to feel really constrained from a gameplay standpoint as much of the game design owes itself to the fact that it was made for a portable console.

Shahid is tweeting it could still come to Vita now. He's seen the thread.

Also... if this is coming to PS4, what PSP game was Adam Boyes talking about when Jason from Kotaku said he asked him if people would "mind if it was a PSP game" or something like that?

Mokubba

Way to wait until the fan made translation is complete and released to finally announce something. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS only to port a PSP game to the PS4. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Eidos because their president, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that your company crashes and burns into the fucking sea, only to be picked apart as salvage by western iOS developers, at which time the franchises you've already defiled with incompetence and negligence can be finally whored out to smartphones.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where.

Im angry too but "go swallow glass" LOOOL

Sounds like another Child of Light scenario.

The vita version is coming but probably after the PS4 version releases.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

You're probably going to buy it anyway.

He takes no credit, read his twitter instead of falsely accuse.

He kinda implied via the #jrpgvita that he had his hand in it coming to the Vita. Look at his first or second tweet with the article link.

Let's be honest he messed up hard with that one, now so did the manner who made the PS blog post, but Shahid did attempt to take some credit, he did apologize abruptly, actually he tweeted to me 3 times, which he didn't have to.

Saroyan

Amazing

Sylver

Banned
People cannot call this port beggin thread when it was first posted and nearly in every media around as a Vita version too.

I am freaking howling at this thread now. Holy crap it went from elation to full on meltdown mode almost on the drop of a hat

It definitely sucks for Vita owners. I'm lucky because I have a PS4 so I can just Remote Play it, but...

As someone who owns a vita and wont be able to afford a PS4 anytime soon this turnaround was a crushing disappointment.
I was so damn happy when the initial story was posted. God damn, don't do this to people.

UberTag

After this little blunder, SCEA needs to make a deal with that guy who microwaves consoles and give him a bunch of Vitas to destroy.

Or better yet... hand them out to folks celebrating the Kings Stanley Cup victory tomorrow night on the mandate that they smash them to the ground while they riot.
Would make for a great publicity stunt.

Still buying this on PS4. I can remote play to my Vita and pretend.

fedexpeon

Banned

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I hope the ban isn't perm.
One of the best rage posts on Gaf.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The salt in this thread is absolutely stunning.
They finally bring the game out in the West and GAF loses their shit because it's not on the Vita.
Hello, can you read? People are upset because this went from a Vita game, to a Vita and 8th Consoles game, to 8th Gen consoles only, all in the span of one hour. People who can't read combined with people who got extremely burned fighting each other makes for a horrific thread.

EDIT : To everyone who apparently can't be arsed to read even the first 2 pages of this thread. You annoy me to no end.

LTWheels

Don't blame SE for not releasing a vita version.

Blame Sony for letting the vita get in such a state. If your not going to support your own handheld, what confidence does that give to third parties.

Spiegel

Went to get lunch happy with the news. I get back and there's no Vita version anymore.

I mean, I get it if they don't see a Vita version as profitable, but announcing it on the EU and US PSBlog after all the controversy with the game and not being real was fucked up.

Biker19

Banned

Wow. Someone's surely heated over this.

Warewolf

Holy shit you guys, I'm disappointed too but some of you need a two day cooldown period on hitting that Submit Reply button, there is some mean shit being said in here. Hope the culprits wisen up enough to regret this sort of thing one day, god damn.

Don't forget hey just announced that Vita + PS4 bundle, hope isn't lost yet.

hohoXD123

This thread has definitely delivered

This hilarious, SE screws up by not showing FFXV at E3 it was expected but ppl quickly forgot about it since they always come up with some BS. They surprise us with type-0 and quickly regain some good faith from the fans.. But the vita version is missing and it went to hell goddamn it SE you had one job.

Shahid you did your part and I thank you for bringing it over.

Wait, how is it port begging when they basically had to take back an announcement? That's not port begging, that's reacting to a fuck up where it was announced for the vita and then unannounced for the vita.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Shades of "SQUARE JUST SHOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT" from this post.

pariah164

Ahahaha omg. This is amazing.

Top Bottom