• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

I was going to get it for both but ps4 for me then. Still such a shitty shitty thing to do. I got to think a vita game is still in the works and will be announced later.

KAL2006

Banned
Why are people crying over a Vita version. The PS4 user base will obviously be bigger. Also is this game more suitable for handheld, such as a mission structure that suits pick up and play gaming. People need to accept Vita is a Indie and port machine. I actually own a Vita and literally buy nothing on the system but appreciate the free stuff Sony give away with PSN+.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Holy shit you guys, I'm disappointed too but some of you need a two day cooldown period on hitting that Submit Reply button, there is some mean shit being said in here. Hope the culprits wisen up enough to regret this sort of thing one day, god damn.

Don't forget hey just announced that Vita + PS4 bundle, hope isn't lost yet.
The insults are the most annoying thing. I sure hope SE reconsiders.

SmokyDave

Well, that's a massive kick in the bollocks for some people.

I really, really hope Drek isn't a perm. Dude makes some fantastic posts over here and in the OT.

Asd202

XDE3LG5.jpg

Hahaha thank you Yoshi :p. Guess you still have some sanity left from the Bloodborne hype :).

This is disappointing for PS Vita owners, at this point though I for one find surprising that it is at least not some port only for phones and that we will be able to play this on consoles.

marrec

Banned
Well, that's a massive kick in the bollocks for some people.

I really, really hope Drek isn't a perm. Dude makes some fantastic posts over here and in the OT.

I'm guessing it's a temp to help him cool down. Dude was probably legit pissed.

As he should be

This is pathetic. Not neogaf but Sony. The people that were begging and did the #jrpgvita campaign wanted it. Not only they wont get it, they essentially get slapped on the face for it going to a different console all together.

Out of principle i wont get this for ps4 (as much as i wanted the game). Sony showed zero fucking support to their handheld in america and 3rd party companies saw it (like square). Sony is responsible for killing the vita themselves.

Khrno

Depending on how they go about remastering (or remaking?) Type-0 for PS4/XBO it's going to feel really constrained from a gameplay standpoint as much of the game design owes itself to the fact that it was made for a portable console.

And what design choices might those be? No local multiplayer is the only one I can see, but then it will probably have online, besides, those local multiplayers type of games are designed for the Japanese local market, in the west most people prefer online to local multiplayer, or are you going to tell me that the majority of people in this thread crying for the Vita version planned to play local co-op?

Too bad for those few people that do actually have someone else with Vita interested in these type of games, because I'm sure there are, but they are far from being a sizeable amount if SE took the online approach instead.

Stimpack

What even is this game? I haven't paid attention to any of the FF off-shoots. I didn't like any game after FFX, would I care much for this?

The ironic thing about this is that Vita fans were the ones doing petitions and trying to do what they can to get the game localised and when it finally comes over, it's not on the Vita.

It's a slap in the face, to be frank.

Pretty much.

I'm salty, too salty right now.

It's 100+ degrees out, so it might just be sweat :p

Why are people crying over a Vita version. The PS4 user base will obviously be bigger. Also is this game more suitable for handheld, such as a mission structure that suits pick up and play gaming. People need to accept Vita is a Indie and port machine. I actually own a Vita and literally buy nothing on the system but appreciate the free stuff Sony give away with PSN+.
Remember E3 2011? All those lists we made?

At least I got my wish with Marvel

We were the two biggest cheerleaders back then. How sad things turned out for Vita :-(

Vashetti

Banned
Square Enix must actively fucking resent the Vita. FFX/X-2 released for it out of contractual obligation. It was a great port but it may as well have been an afterbirth compared to the PS3 version.

They were pioneers back in the PSP-era and released a shitload of great games for it. Crisis Core, Birth By Sleep...

Fast forward to now and Vita fans have to actively beg for support for the platform, petitions, tweets, social media, whatever. Maybe if you pledged some actual support to the platform, people might be buying more of it? Instead of chasing the mobile train which is sure to implode at some point.

They hear our cries so loud and clear, that they leapfrog the PSP successor entirely and port the PSP game to the PS4 and XB1. Well thanks for that. May as well dash all hopes of FFXII HD coming to Vita guys.

meh, it's probably just a prettier version with nothing added anyway. Wonder what they will do with the multiplayer component. Will they set up servers for it?

Wedge7

Awesome news!

Meh, rough news about vita fans getting their hopes up and it being crushed, but for myself at least, this news is incredible. I actually have a vita 2k, but I much prefer gaming on the big screen. Was thinking my only chance at playing type-0 was going to be the fan translated project, so I'm pumped that its actually getting an actual release, in HD no less!

Just think its unfortunate that a great news that its getting localized will be getting overshadowed by the admittedly brutal mistake that was made on twitter and the PS blog. Either way, we get the game, and for me, thats all that counts.

Top Bottom