• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

GamerJM

Banned
Hey Square, go die in a fire you worthless POS company.

Way to wait until the fan made translation is complete and released to finally announce something. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS only to port a PSP game to the PS4. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Eidos because their president, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that your company crashes and burns into the fucking sea, only to be picked apart as salvage by western iOS developers, at which time the franchises you've already defiled with incompetence and negligence can be finally whored out to smartphones.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where.

As the owner of a PS4 and a Vita please go swallow glass.

1336942871543.gif

Way to wait until the fan made translation is complete and released to finally announce something. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS only to port a PSP game to the PS4. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Eidos because their president, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that your company crashes and burns into the fucking sea, only to be picked apart as salvage by western iOS developers, at which time the franchises you've already defiled with incompetence and negligence can be finally whored out to smartphones.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where.

ih5cbDmynQ2gB.gif

lights

The salt in this thread is absolutely stunning.

They finally bring the game out in the West and GAF loses their shit because it's not on the Vita.

It's more of an issue that Sony announced it for the Vita then said it was a mistake not long after...

So there is no Vita port? I was about to say, "cross-buy!"

Oh well. At least it's coming. Ps4 Remaster is better than nothing. Something during FFXV's long and troubled development!

Past

yOvFvrs.png

I love how acts like he was responsible for the game coming to the Vita, but suddenly knows nothing about it. Yeah sure, Shahid, I won't thank you.

Renpatsu

And what design choices might those be? No local multiplayer is the only one I can see, but then it will probably have online, besides, those local multiplayers type of games are designed for the Japanese local market, in the west most people prefer online to local multiplayer, or are you going to tell me that the majority of people in this thread crying for the Vita version planned to play local co-op?

Too bad for those few people that do actually have someone else with Vita interested in these type of games, because I'm sure there are, but they are far from being a sizeable amount if SE took the online approach instead.

Hmn, I was mostly referring to how they constructed the level design to accommodate the limitations of the PSP and mission-based structure of the game.

Vade

I thought E3 was lacking, site only 503 a few times, no explosions, and yet out of this e3 the gods still managed to deliver some fire; wonderful just wonderful.

sogood.gif

Type-0 is far from being the original Agito game for mobile phones announced like 8 years ago, if you want to play some mobile designed game on a portable, go play -Agito-, it's actually being released on iOS (and maybe Android?).

If not then just remote play it from the PS4 to the Vita, I mean, all those Type-0 fans are sure to be FFXV/KH3 fans, so they should/will have a PS4 eventually, and this game isn't coming out tomorrow.

Sorry but forcing remote play as an answer is incredibly asinine. Not everyone has the means, desire or capabilities of getting a PS4.

Besides, the vast majority of current vita owners didn't waste money on the system just for it to become a sad-sack peripheral to the PS4. That may be the reality now and what scea bills it as, but it most certainly wasn't the selling point when it launched.

Khrno

The whole fucking reason this even exists is because of port begging.

Up to this day some companies still release PSP games digitally, so SE could have done that years ago if they actually wanted, but a worldwide PSP digital release, and even more so, a Vita release will not give them as much returns as a PS4/X1 version, but to be honest, this should have been a worldwide PS3 HD game 2 years ago.

muteki

Why are people crying over a Vita version. The PS4 user base will obviously be bigger. Also is this game more suitable for handheld, such as a mission structure that suits pick up and play gaming. People need to accept Vita is a Indie and port machine. I actually own a Vita and literally buy nothing on the system but appreciate the free stuff Sony give away with PSN+.

And this is a port?

aravuus

This is pathetic. Not neogaf but Sony. The people that were begging and did the #jrpgvita campaign wanted it. Not only they wont get it, they essentially get slapped on the face for it going to a different console all together.

Out of principle i wont get this for ps4 (as much as i wanted the game). Sony showed zero fucking support to their handheld in america and 3rd party companies saw it (like square). Sony is responsible for killing the vita themselves.

But it's Square Enix's game, not Sony's???? SE decides where it goes dude

Some of the meltdowns are legendary

Oh my. What a meltdown. Almost muppet345 level meltdown. Drek seems like an expert. Hope it wasn't a perm though as I can understand some of the anger since it is a PSP game.

Looking forward to PS4 -> Vita remote play anyway. Android hotspot ftw!

I am happy its coming to the west, never thought we'd see it over here in any capacity. I can see the frustration people have though, campaigning for it for years and then finally it happens...and then it doesnt.

I guess its how I would feel if The Last Guardian is finally revealed...for the Vita, and not the PS4.

Still, good to have it remastered!

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where..

Post of E3 so far, but wow SE trolled Vita owners hard haha.

Still hyped since i wasnt planning getting it on Vita anyway.

I guess you can say that they made a final fantasy typo.

Bravo!

FDC1

yOvFvrs.png

I love how acts like he was responsible for the game coming to the Vita, but suddenly knows nothing about it. Yeah sure, Shahid, I won't thank you.

I like how he played modesty: "It's OK guys, I only did my job".

Embarassing.

Cornbread78

I really don't get it myself all these campaigns and petitions for a psp translation to be released that evidently they had done but never released or a vita port or shit just a downloadable psp game for vita and they completely miss the handheld for which everyone wanted it on in the first place.

jiFfM.jpg

This is just sad...

#freeDrek.

I mean, I agree with his (insane) post. Square is such a joke these days. The most promising console game from them since 2006 is a PSP port from 3 years ago that will see the light of day in 2015 if we're lucky. I'm glad I stopped caring about Final Fantasy after XIII.

Top Bottom