• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

But it's Square Enix's game, not Sony's???? SE decides where it goes dude

Some of the meltdowns are legendary

considering the vita port beggin was the reason this game existed in the first place, I am sure sony had some part in it. Most likely "well we have a PS4, and this is a psp game... Lets throw you a money hat to localize it on our ps4"

fedexpeon

Banned
1336942871543.gif

Wow, this gif makes me even more mad lol.
That damn smirk.
But yeah, I hope Drek isn't permanent ban. The announcement and backtrack would anger lifelong fan of the series.

SmokyDave

I'm guessing it's a temp to help him cool down. Dude was probably legit pissed.

As he should be
Oh, I definitely get it. If this had gone down differently, the ramifications would've been immense for a platform that I care about deeply. This was almost another 'Monster Hunter' moment where you watch that last lifeline swiped away, but this time it was clearly dangled, full of promise. Just to be whipped away and chucked to the two dudes that didn't need any help.

Shit happens though, and raging changes nothing. Gotta know when to hold your fingers, and know when to quietly fold 'em.

And cry. In a corner. A dark corner. In an empty room. And cry.

Khrno

Hmn, I was mostly referring to how they constructed the level design to accommodate the limitations of the PSP and mission-based structure of the game.

Oh right, well, even if the levels are segmented they can just load a huge section on the memory and then would be no loading times going from area to area, that would be the easy/cheap workaround, I wouldn't think that they went to the trouble of making small areas seamless, would be great tho.

Still I think the only real problem is the local multiplayer, but it won't be that big of an issue for most of us.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The ironic thing about this is that Vita fans were the ones doing petitions and trying to do what they can to get the game localised and when it finally comes over, it's not on the Vita.

It's a slap in the face, to be frank.

Yep.

Hey Square, go die in a fire you worthless POS company.

Way to wait until the fan made translation is complete and released to finally announce something. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS only to port a PSP game to the PS4. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Eidos because their president, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that your company crashes and burns into the fucking sea, only to be picked apart as salvage by western iOS developers, at which time the franchises you've already defiled with incompetence and negligence can be finally whored out to smartphones.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where.

As the owner of a PS4 and a Vita please go swallow glass.

B.O.O.M

Up to this day some companies still release PSP games digitally, so SE could have done that years ago if they actually wanted, but a worldwide PSP digital release, and even more so, a Vita release will not give them as much returns as a PS4/X1 version, but to be honest, this should have been a worldwide PS3 HD game 2 years ago.

It would do just fine in Japan sales wise and I'm sure it will be enough to cover the cost of porting the game to vita. PS4/Xb1 for example are absolutely dead in that market. And this is a game that vita fans have been asking for years now. This is just fucked up on so many levels

i'm sorry I am not buying this anymore. PSP patch here I come (which btw is also a dick move isn't it? Didn't they JUST complete the patch?)

edit: just saw the Drek's post...gawd damn man :D Needed the good laugh..well Done Drek. Hope it's not perma..that was a really entertaining post

cloud279

Neo Member
I just hope FF XV doesn't suffer due to this announcement. My concern is due to Tabata may also be involved with this game and since Tabata is a co-director on FF XV.

Dragun619

I cannot believe SE announced it coming to the Vita on the PS Blog and then pulled it out and apologized. Like wtf? How can you fuck up like that.

Damn it, SE.

Baki

I don't know which was better, y2kev going in on Team ICO, or Drek just imploding on SE. Probably Kisaya.

I almost lost it at work, damn. Will buy for PS4 or One next year.

Link to y2kev meltdown please.

Also I'm with Drek, all the top level mangemt at SE should be fired.

considering the vita port beggin was the reason this game existed in the first place, I am sure sony had some part in it. Most likely "well we have a PS4, and this is a psp game... Lets throw you a money hat to localize it on our ps4"

And allow an XboxOne version ? It makes no sense.

Wow. Understandable, but can't blame the guy.

Sorta off-topic, did Vita get ANY exclusives so far?

we got that sweet grim fandango remaster, you know, a remaster of a game that's a decade and a half old.

and sing with monsters? i dunno, it's just sitting there, flashing it's blue light, begging me to let it die already.

BajiBoxer

Banned
It's a bit disappointing, but I'm glad I'll be able to play this game on my PS4 at least. Looking forward to seeing what the updated graphics will look like :)

I feel bad for the Vita owners that saw the original post and started jumping for joy. At least I feel bad for the ones that didn't make vile over the top hate fueled follow up comments/posts. The ones that did... well fuck em. At least you provided some entertainment value for the board :p

I like my Vita, it's a great little piece of hardware. Too bad it never really caught on. Luckily I bought it only recently, so there's plenty of back catalog to play and still a few nice games on the horizon. For such a poor selling system, it managed to get some pretty nice support.

Oh, I definitely get it. If this had gone down differently, the ramifications would've been immense for a platform that I care about deeply. This was almost another 'Monster Hunter' moment where you watch that last lifeline swiped away, but this time it was clearly dangled, full of promise. Just to be whipped away and chucked to the two dudes that didn't need any help.

Shit happens though, and raging changes nothing. Gotta know when to hold your fingers, and know when to quietly fold 'em.

And cry. In a corner. A dark corner. In an empty room. And cry.

But Dave. Dave. #VITA2014!

Hey Square, go die in a fire you worthless POS company.

Way to wait until the fan made translation is complete and released to finally announce something. Scared that your years of negligence might have just bit you in the ass huh? Fuck you if you think I'm paying for this now after you sat on your thumb for literally YEARS only to port a PSP game to the PS4. That's going to hold up, right? Fucking sub-PS2 assets upscaled onto the PS4? You're a bunch of clowns. I take it as a personal insult that you mouthbreathers are allowed to make decisions with regards to how franchises I used to really love are handled. Your asses got bailed out when you purchased Eidos because their president, like all of you, was a complete and utter mook. I make two better executives than your entire company combined in the toilet every morning before I go to work. I look forward to the day that your company crashes and burns into the fucking sea, only to be picked apart as salvage by western iOS developers, at which time the franchises you've already defiled with incompetence and negligence can be finally whored out to smartphones.

That's assuming you asshats don't beat your eventual western smartphone overlords to the punch, which you probably will because you give fuck all about the legacy of these franchises, to say nothing about just how little regard you hold towards the fans who made them what they where.

As the owner of a PS4 and a Vita please go swallow glass.

Yjl4Ash.gif

friz898

I don't get why this game is such a big deal. I just want a FF7,8, or 9 remake.

Because it's suppose to be fun, and also somewhat dark.

Kagari posted her review a few years back, she liked it. Wasn't epic, but was good.

If I recall, she liked type-0, did not like 13. So that gave many anti-13 fans hope for a good FF.

As for Vita fans, the Vita needs it, also a lot of Vita fans were PSP fans prior, and well, they figured it was coming to one of them.

Iggins

Banned
yOvFvrs.png

I love how acts like he was responsible for the game coming to the Vita, but suddenly knows nothing about it. Yeah sure, Shahid, I won't thank you.

This makes me doubt if he actually had anything to do with Tales of Hearts R localization.

So there is no Vita port? I was about to say, "cross-buy!"

Oh well. At least it's coming. Ps4 Remaster is better than nothing. Something during FFXV's long and troubled development!

No where it said a Ps4 remaster. just localization. lol.

But yea knowing sony, they are gonna probably do cross buy or some shit, if it happens. Gotta remember square is involved too as someone told me here earlier. Square and sony worked some sort of deal out.

B.O.O.M

we got that sweet grim fandango remaster, you know, a remaster of a game that's a decade and a half old.

and sing with monsters? i dunno, it's just sitting there, flashing it's blue light, begging me to let it die already.

Well we are getting some good games this year with Over My dead Body 2, Freedom Wars, Danganronpa 2 etc. But sony did such a shitty job highlighting even that let alone announce new games. It's unacceptable how the manufacturer themselves treat their own product.

They did announce Disney Infinity...yay? lol

jediyoshi

I really don't get it myself all these campaigns and petitions for a psp translation to be released that evidently they had done but never released or a vita port or shit just a downloadable psp game for vita and they completely miss the handheld for which everyone wanted it on in the first place.

This is one sentence.

Takao

Banned
I'm bummed out about the Vita deveal, since I've been waiting to play Type-0 for a long time. I wasn't really thinking about buying a PS4, as there isn't much I'm interested in. I guess Type-0 is now one of those PS4 games. Maybe if I have extra money burning a hole in my pocket when it comes out ...

Top Bottom