• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

Impossible to argue with this.

Last great games will be Freedom Wars, Project Diva f 2, and Gravity Rush 2. Then it's indie machine and remote play.
Naw, SCEA will keep the Vita around for localized games by Aksys Games, NIS America, ATLUS, XSEED, etc. That is primarily what the Vita is, a platform for niche games from Japan. Personally, I'm happy w/ that because I want them. There's no sense in trying to put big western games on it since those devs rather make console games, and there are not enough who want to buy them.

Not even Sony supports the Vita, we all saw their E3 presentation, it was nothing more than an accessory. By the time this game shows up in 12-18 months, no one will even remember the Vita.

The worst of their E3 presentation is that among all the things no one cared about, they couldn't find even two minutes to talk about their upcoming Vita games. After all, Freedom Wars and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines are already confirmed for the west, and Gravity Rush 2 seems to be a no-brainer, so they could at least present another teaser like the TGS one.

But no, Vita doesn't deserve 2 minutes in a 1h 45min conference.

Naw, SCEA will keep the Vita around for localized games by Aksys Games, NIS America, ATLUS, XSEED, etc. That is primarily what the Vita is, a platform for niche games from Japan. Personally, I'm happy w/ that because I want them. There's no sense in trying to put big western games on it since those devs rather make console games, and there are not enough who want to buy them.
I agree with this and I'm completely OK with it. My Vita sees more love than my main consoles,and none of my Vita games were developed by western devs. The Vita catters to a niche audience, a very loyal one that will support the system. Sony knows this.

RobRSG

The worst of their E3 presentation is that among all the things no one cared about, they couldn't find even two minutes to talk about their upcoming Vita games. After all, Freedom Wars and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines are already confirmed for the west, and Gravity Rush 2 seems to be a no-brainer, so they could at least present another teaser like the TGS one.

They couldn't care less about Vita. They're treating it as the PS4 sidekick and nothing more.

KtSlime

Well, to be honest people have been saying this since 2012 and yet here we are. It will still be a niche product, but I don't see it being in a much worse situation than it already is.

As I see it, Vita unlike Sony's home console is propped up by Japanese developers (and indies), and as the Vita continues to slip into oblivion here, it will also int the West as western developers in general do not write for it. It's not completely Vita's fault in that regard, even the 3DS has some rough times ahead.

This and DQVII remake localization is making me loose sleep.

I'll play the last chapters of Bravely Default, and will take a long while before I buy something from these vampires.

Man, god knows how I'm pissed with Square Enix.

You could use all that spare time not sleeping learning Japanese.

RobRSG

As I see it, Vita unlike Sony's home console is propped up by Japanese developers (and indies), and as the Vita continues to slip into oblivion here, it will also int the West as western developers in general do not write for it. It's not completely Vita's fault in that regard, even the 3DS has some rough times ahead.

I'm learning french for survival proposes, so unfortunatelly japanese is way beyond my scope atm.

Mihos

Gold Member
How can this not support Vita... this sucks.

The weird irony is that I would probably would have played at least parts of this on Vita TV over PS4..

PS3 also has some games coming for it and they never mentioned it. Little Big Planet 3, for example, is coming to PS3 and PS4 yet we came to knew about it after conference. I guess they just want to focus on their most successful hardware for now, and Vita and PS3 have became rather irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

KtSlime

I'll learning french for survival proposes, so unfortunatelly japanese is way beyond my scope atm.

Français est une belle langue, bon courage!

I just recommend if you are really interested in Japanese games to learn the language so you are not beholden to the whims of others.

It will be neat to see how they go about this, so far this seems to be a Western exclusive port so I'm not holding out for many additions/changes in the game, but I think SE is well aware of how the West lusts for high quality graphics, I know Kagiri doesn't hold out for much in that department, but if they don't at least bring it up to PS3 quality, I could see the game not performing very strong.

ckTlIx1.jpg

ViuN7bE.jpg

gxyLYuU.jpg

lol, egg on their face

Kind of a shame it has to come to that, but if one has the time and inclination there's all kinds of free resources and even a great thread here on NeoGAF.

Funny that the thing that got me started was reading Dangan Ronpa 2's SA translated playthrough and thinking "Why can't I just play it?". That's getting a localization, but as long as the Trails games keep marching on ahead it'll be worth it. :p

Cifer

Banned
Seriously guys, this isn't funny. Yesterday night, I was patching my Type-0 file. Today I came back from work. I check the internet. I deleted my patched file...

I was quite furious when Sony spent more time talking about numbers and media than the Vita during their E3 conference.

Zomba13

Did they show an English trailer or screen with enlgish on it at all or just that screen saying it's coming?

Because if we haven't seen anything English (no hearing a voice, no seeing a translated screen) I'm guessing it's not coming for a long while. Like, they might have just started it or are re-doing the recorded English voices or something.

Alric

Seriously guys, this isn't funny. Yesterday night, I was patching my Type-0 file. Today I came back from work. I check the internet. I deleted my patched file...

Well if you're like me and only want to play it mobile then PSP patched is still the best bet.

I seem to remember vividly there being a special edition you could pre-order, but I was at work so I didn't do it. However I looked today and I can't find it. Did I dream that yesterday or something? Pretty sure this is real life, I'm at work so it's close to being in purgatory, but I should still be alive.

LuuKyK

Why are people complaining again? Yes it could have been announced before, it could have been announced for last gen platforms and Vita. And it would make sense, but honestly, just confirmation that is coming should be treated as good news, period.

People wont need to import games (and pay astronomical taxes in the process) from the other side of the world and have to deal with handling CFWs, ISOs and whatever else that requires computer engineering degree to understand just to play a game in a language they understand. That alone is proof enough that this should be treated as good news more than anything.

Yes, I am aware of how SE handles localizations and game announcements, but we are still on a very early segment of the gen, and by the time this get released (I am guessing late 2015) a big part of the FF user-base will already own a PS4/XBO, or at least will already be tempted to buy one, not only for FF but for other games too (we can all agree that 2015 feels like the really start of this gen right).

Redhood

The disparity between the amount of comments on Type-0's announcement post and every other post on the PlayStation Blog is hilarious: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps-vita/

Vita owners are out for blood in there, lol.

As they should be! Seriously I watched the whole thing from the start to falling like a house of cards and with a shiity E3 segment vita owners were already on the edge and this was the tipping point. Go search #novitanobuy on twitter and see hordes of tweets.

As much as I find it weird that the Vita got shafted, it is hardly lacking games so whatever.

Either way did not see a console release of this at all. All over my face

Why are people complaining again?

It's not coming to the platform that people wanted.

"we are pleased to announce ... due to the incredible outpouring of fan support".

Which fan support? Has anyone in the console realm ever asked for a 4 year old PSP game to come to next gen consoles? No. It was the Vita fan support fueled by the hashtag jrpg campaigns. I'm glad it's coming at all and more platforms the better, but don't be surprised at the outrage by the people that asked for this in the first place ain't getting it. Even more annoying is the fact that the initial Blog post was about the Vita. The indignation is righteous and justified.

AmanoBuff

The saddest part is that Sony already had a really cool 2-minute Vita video reel with a ton of games to show. They could have just shown that, then talk one more minute about it and made Vita owners at least feel somewhat respected.

http://youtu.be/hOocekmmdLA

Next year its gonna be PERSONA 5 for Vita...oops just kidding. Coming to PS4 butttt you can remote play! :D

Nope. Next year it's going to be PS4 owners complaining/asking when P5 will be ported to their console.

The way shahid is acting coolly about his job on the line? Gamescom announcement of psp version for vita?

I'm sure he is really trying to make the Vita version happen. I just hope he can actually convince SE, who seem to be the real issue here.

He also hasn't posted anything on his twitter since yesterday. I'm sure he and all of Sony are fully aware of the amount of fan backlash going on now.

Also, did SQEX just blocked comments on their Type-0 announcement blog post? Lol if so.

Boss Mog

The thing is that this isn't only the last nail in Vita's coffin but pretty much also the end of Sony's portable gaming business. I mean who in their right mind would buy Sony's next portable system if they even made one?

So our choices for portable gaming will buttonless devices that only support digital games and lack any kind of shared online infrastructure (like PSN, Live, Steam) or underpowered and gimmicky dedicated systems which only have a poor semblance of online infrastructure. That's a bleak future for portable gaming if you ask me.

Is it possible that the only reason we are getting Type-0 localisation port is because Final Fantasy XV is not going to be released anytime soon. We may be waiting for maybe two years or longer. We have nothing to play until it come out so they decided to localise this game?

Is it possible that the only reason we are getting Type-0 localisation port is because Final Fantasy XV is not going to be released anytime soon. We may be waiting for maybe two years or longer. We have nothing to play until it come out so they decided to localise this game?

Most Definitely a possibility

They ran out of Lightning games!

Takao

Banned

Final Fantasy XII + Revenant Wings HD Remaster in 2016 because XV still isn't ready.

Boss★Moogle;115992827 said:
The thing is that this isn't only the last nail in Vita's coffin but pretty much also the end of Sony's portable gaming business. I mean who in their right mind would buy Sony's next portable system if they even made one?

So our choices for portable gaming will buttonless devices that only support digital games and lack any kind of shared online infrastructure (like PSN, Live, Steam) or underpowered and gimmicky dedicated systems which only have a poor semblance of online infrastructure. That's a bleak future for portable gaming if you ask me.

I agree, it's depressing.

zeopower6

Boss★Moogle;115992827 said:

There are other games outside of Final Fantasy games, you know.

Top Bottom