• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

6hn9Rx0.gif

Well this news certainly makes up for SCEA's fucking Vita shit show.

Musiol

Here's press release:

LONDON (June 10, 2014) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces the forthcoming release of two highly anticipated SQUARE ENIX® titles: FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0™ and FINAL FANTASY AGITO™.

Originally released in Japan in 2011 for the PlayStation®Portable handheld entertainment system, FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 will be coming to the West as an HD remaster for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. In addition, FINAL FANTASY AGITO, already available in Japan, is confirmed for a Western release on iOS and Android devices.

“The voice of our Western fans was instrumental in the development of FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0, and we’re very excited to release this title soon,” said Hajime Tabata, director of FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0. “The new PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One platforms have really helped to re-envision this dynamic and turbulent world of Orience.”

The war-torn land of Orience is also the setting for FINAL FANTASY AGITO, where players on iOS and Android mobile devices take on the role of a cadet in the Dominion of Rubrum as they aim to become Agito, a prophesized saviour of Orience.

No Vita mention.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
And we will see this in two years lol.

will buy again for the PS4. They better have high res versions of those pre rendered scenes

hohoXD123

Now I'm wondering why Sony didn't announce this at their conference instead of the pointless share button has been pressed x number of times BS.

wrowa

This is perfect. I really want to play it on my Vita. I could have played the fan-trans on the PSP, sure, but the thought using The Crawl and looking at the terrible display of my PSP-1000 gave me the creeps. Great news, I hope we'll still get it this year.

Total dick move to announce this just before the release of the fan translation.

The fan translation got released last week.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE NEWS OF ALL E3!!!!

There was a time, about this time yesterday, when I thought Sunset Overdrive was going to make me the happiest I could be this E3... Then Squeenix delivered. Thank you, Squeenix!!

Eusis

Here's press release:

No Vita mention.
Hopefully that's a mistake on their part and not Sony's, because while I'll play it on PS4 anyway I would really like this on as close to its intended platform as possible and it WOULD be kind of aggravating to see it keep being snubbed.

Welp, I'm not gonna complain about that. Kinda odd that it is also getting a PS4/X1 release...well, no, it's not that odd. I'm guessing digital-only for the console version?

Top Bottom