• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Chapter 0 revealed, preview inbound (Spoilers) (Duh)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So... the thing that we've all be looking forward to about this game, ever since it was Versus and then reannounced as XV, namely the invasion and the presumed destruction/escape from the city.

That's been cut, and is instead relegated to the cgi film...

I thought for sure it was still in the game, it was the main thing that had me interested.

So instead of that potentially amazing opening we get the cast pushing a broken car and doing a mundane tutorial monster quest.

It happens off-screen in the game now. Noctis and friends find out about it through a newspaper.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Glad they took the project away from Nomura TBH, the last thing I want from this game is two sequels. The sooner we're done with this shit the better, such an uninspired setting, cast and battle system.

Well, you do realize a lot of the game was changed because it was Tabata working it and not Nomura right? Due to them making it a numbered entree, it could no longer have a KH battle system, they changed a lot of the locations, and the cast no longer fit in the game that changed around them, especially when Tabata changed the entire story in order to make it a single game, complete with cutting out that huge ass battle with the gang right in the middle of it.

We can't compare Nomura's version of the game with Tabata's because he is no longer there. All we know is that 2013 trailer was supposed to be the game he wanted to make, but it was already being altered behind the scene by Tabata, presumably knowing that he would be the one fully directing the title at some point.

I don't want to read plot spoilers, can anyone who read the 4chan leak tell me if it says anything about gameplay/production issues and such?

Yes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well, you do realize a lot of the game was changed because it was Tabata working it and not Nomura right? Due to them making it a numbered entree, it could no longer have a KH battle system, they changed a lot of the locations, and the cast no longer fit in the game that changed around them, especially when Tabata changed the entire story in order to make it a single game, complete with cutting out that huge ass battle with the gang right in the middle of it.

We can't compare Nomura's version of the game with Tabata's because he is no longer there. All we know is that 2013 trailer was supposed to be the game he wanted to make, but it was already being altered behind the scene by Tabata, presumably knowing that he would be the one fully directing the title at some point.

Yes.

The 2013 trailer was made by Nomura. It was still his original Versus ideas. Tabata didn't take over until later that year.

Inuhanyou

The 2013 trailer was made by Nomura. It was still his original Versus ideas. Tabata didn't take over until later that year.

I know, that's why i said it was the game he wanted to make, but presumably Tabata was already doing stuff development wise according to the leaker in the OP, in order to turn it away from that vision in the trailer, even when they were showing that at E3.

I don't know how that was done, did he already think about changing Stella or taking her out? Did he even think that huge ass battle in the trailer was even going to exist later when it was being showed? I dunno....this whole thing is just crazy. Several of the characters shown in that trailer don't even exist at this point, and most of the battle scenes shown in it don't either.

Betty

Banned
It happens off-screen in the game now. Noctis and friends find out about it through a newspaper.

tumblr_inline_ng1odg2vSs1rv7szw.gif

I'd have even settled for a CGI cutscene of the events.

zokie

Gold Member
basically to me , delaying the game also is another form of marketing , it makes the fans wanting more and the public eager to know whats FFXV

if only SE management can give approval for this gamescom demo to be download to those who preordered and paid in full to be release on sept 30th , maybe oct 30th for worldwide just to tide the fans over.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I know, that's why i said it was the game he wanted to make, but presumably Tabata was already doing stuff development wise according to the leaker in the OP, in order to turn it away from that vision in the trailer, even when they were showing that at E3.

I don't know how that was done, did he already think about changing Stella or taking her out? Did he even think that huge ass battle in the trailer was even going to exist later when it was being showed? I dunno....this whole thing is just crazy. Several of the characters shown in that trailer don't even exist at this point, and most of the battle scenes shown in it don't either.
Someone else in one of the other threads said the leaker was wrong about that stuff.

Re: Stella. Nomura talked about her in two separate E3 2013 interviews. He had no intention of taking her out. Specifically he commented on how they tweaked her design and how it took them forever to find the perfect VA (who is no longer being used for the game BTW).

Betty

Banned
Well, there's Kingsglaive.

Imagine they release FFVII Remake and is starts outside Midgar after the events from the start of the game happen.

Whatever, it's just disappointing to hear, I honestly didn't know about it. I thought Kingsglaive was about Noctis's dad ascension to the throne before Noctis was born or something.

Setsu00

Imagine they release FFVII Remake and is starts outside Midgar after the events from the start of the game happen.

Whatever, it's just disappointing to hear, I honestly didn't know about it. I thought Kingsglaive was about Noctis's dad ascension to the throne before Noctis was born or something.

No, it's the last remnants of what made Versus XIII appealing destilled into a heavily re-written party scene decorated with an ultimately inconsequential story according to some reviewers. It is, however, very pretty to look at.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Took me a few hours to get through everything and I'm still just honestly baffled at confused at all of those leaks. Is it possible that all of those people just saw some of the early build and then rode the credibility to make up the rest? None of them are waterproof and then where does that leave use regarding XV's plot progression?

I'm so confused.

Inuhanyou

Someone else in one of the other threads said the leaker was wrong about that stuff.

Re: Stella. Nomura talked about her in two separate E3 2013 interviews. He had no intention of taking her out. Specifically he commented on how they tweaked her design and how it took them forever to find the perfect VA (who is no longer being used for the game BTW).

zCyH07q.gif

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Took me a few hours to get through everything and I'm still just honestly baffled at confused at all of those leaks. Is it possible that all of those people just saw some of the early build and then rode the credibility to make up the rest? None of them are waterproof and then where does that leave use regarding XV's plot progression?

I'm so confused.

FFXV's plot will likely be an amalgamation of the various leaks. They're all on-point with minute exceptions, it seems.

I actually kinda had a feeling it'd be like this... weird. (Not saying that to try to sound prophetic or anything. XD That's how multiple leaks go sometimes.)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
FFXV's plot will likely be an amalgamation of the various leaks. They're all on-point with minute exceptions, it seems.

I actually kinda had a feeling it'd be like this... weird. (Not saying that to try to sound prophetic or anything. XD That's how multiple links go sometimes.)

They're on point regarding the preview we've got publicly and then stray places after that which is why I don't believe any single one of them. None of them go into the huge guys on the game's cover for example and that seems like it'd be a bit important.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They're on point regarding the preview we've got publicly and then stray places after that which is why I don't believe any single one of them. None of them go into the huge guys on the game's cover for example and that seems like it'd be a bit important.

Those guys are in the movie.

Order

Never being able to play Nomura's vision is one of the most tragic outcomes in gamings

It would have been amazing

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Those guys are in the movie.

Kagari, you're ruining my hope!
I'm looking forward to see KotR in action, though.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't know if they're in the game though.

It's weird because they put them on the cover of the game like it's important but you can only see three of them (like in the Dawn trailer) - and I know there's a wider cut of the artwork with more but that doesn't have it make any more sense.
If they are, it'd tie into the number of the weapons Noctis is collecting though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's weird because they put them on the cover of the game like it's important but you can only see three of them (like in the Dawn trailer) - and I know there's a wider cut of the artwork with more but that doesn't have it make any more sense.
If they are, it'd tie into the number of the weapons Noctis is collecting though.

Yeah I imagine that could be it.

chozen

I seen one interview of him talking about her post E3 2013, but I never heard a thing about the "perfect voice actress" bit. I was on top of everything he said every year.

I still think Lunas model is his doing though looks near identical to the E3 2013 render and that if Stella was still in the game that's what she would look like.

You know, older looking Noctis could be due to that he has been wearing the ring a for a while? (not that 10 yr coma theory/leak) Didn't the devs mention the reason Regis looked so ratty and old was because the ring or crystal or something was strenuous and made them age faster?

chozen

You know, older looking Noctis could be due to that he has been wearing the ring a for a while? (not that 10 yr coma theory/leak) Didn't the devs mention the reason Regis looked so ratty and old was because the ring or crystal or something was strenuous and made them age faster?

Yes but Prompto
Had a goatee in that opening so we know it must have been some time.

jett

D-Member

How do you explain Gladio's stache and Prompto's goatee? All four look different.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I seen one interview of him talking about her post E3 2013, but I never heard a thing about the "perfect voice actress" bit. I was on top of everything he said every year.

I still think Lunas model is his doing though looks near identical to the E3 2013 render and that if Stella was still in the game that's what she would look like.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/final-fantasy-xv-the-big-interview-summary

All of the main characters introduced so far are male, but please feel assured that there will be main female characters, including Stella and a female knight. We’ve only introduced Noctis and three other characters, but as the story progresses Cor will also join your party. As you have seen in the trailer there are many characters that will appear. Stay tuned for more information.

Cor is voiced by Hiroki Touchi who initially was slated to do the voice of a different character that appeared in a previous trailer. However, after careful consideration, we decided he was best suited for the character of Cor. Casting this time around has taken a lot of time. Choosing a voice actor for Stella took several years. We will have more to announce later.

Inuhanyou

Never being able to play Nomura's vision is one of the most tragic outcomes in gamings

It would have been amazing

Let's not go too crazy. We don't know what that old version would have looked like in the end, it could have been way worse than what we're getting here.

But the point is, i wanted to see that result far more than i do this, even being cautiously optimistic.

Atleast he's folding a lot of those elements into FF7R. I want to see that more than i wanted to see Versus, or atleast on par.

Nomura didn't touch Stella's design, it was Tabata's redesign into Luna why she looks like she does.

DVCY201

I'd love for a post-mortem on FFXV in the future, one detailing what Nomura had accomplished and then how much of it changed when Tabata took over. No matter how the game turns out, its development has been so fascinating from a production standpoint

sensui-tomo

I'd love for a post-mortem on FFXV in the future, one detailing what Nomura had accomplished and then how much of it changed when Tabata took over. No matter how the game turns out, its development has been so fascinating from a production standpoint

you mean like a detailed explaination ala those Ultimania books that detail almost everything about a game?

mortal

I'm going to assume that's Ifrit. I really like his design here. Feels reminiscent of the classic Amano Ifrit, with a slight Greek god asthethic. Complete with that nonchalant lounging on a throne attitude. I love it.

Very cool bombastic intro, although is that all, or was it just an edited condensed version of chapter 0?

How do you explain Gladio's stache and Prompto's goatee? All four look different.

I honestly don't know, because the full game isn't out and we don't know what is true and what is fake. I am not gonna rule out the leak info completely, but what if the ring/crystal not only affected Noctis but also the entire party cause they 'share' the power?

(I am only theorizing this on info that I read a while back that the ring allows the rest of the party to use its power or something along those lines, I don't remember it word for word)

If facial hair is all they get in 10 years, I don't buy it. Guys can grow facial hair in their 20's. Also Noctis looks the most grizzled out of all of them, maybe it's aging him the fastest cause he takes the brunt of the strain.

EDIT: kingsglaive spoiler*********
Also random thought, I got to see Kingsglaive last night and Regis mentioned he could no longer fight the war cause he and everyone in his court (specifically referencing his sword summoners) or whatever was 'old' soooo maybe that can also tie into the ring/crystal doesn't just affect the king but everyone involved in some way. Or they are just old :p

Inuhanyou

Not the character or the role of course, I just meant Lunas design looks really similar to the 2013 render of Stella.

Luna has nothing to do with Stella. If they used the model of Stella, altered it and then changed her clothes, that was Tabata's direction, not Nomura.

It would have been worse if Tabata kept her name stella and tried to sell people on it being the same character, but i'm assuming tabata thought they had to keep some continuity between the projects to keep consumer confidence, and thus reused the model Stella already had.

chozen

Luna has nothing to do with Stella. If they used the model of Stella, altered it and then changed her clothes, that was Tabata's direction, not Nomura.

It would have been worse if Tabata kept her name stella and tried to sell people on it being the same character, but i'm assuming tabata thought they had to keep some continuity between the projects to keep consumer confidence, and thus reused the model Stella already had.

Thank you for explaining what I had explained.

Top Bottom