• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Chapter 0 revealed, preview inbound (Spoilers) (Duh)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Not the character or the role of course, I just meant Lunas design looks really similar to the 2013 render of Stella.

Tabata said they hired a professional hair stylist to create Luna's hair. They probably just took Nomura's base design for Stella and changed it up to keep a blonde female character.

Ishida

Banned
I wonder if Ignis goes blind.

Also people, let's remember we still don't know how Ravus fits in all of this (I haven't read the leaks, so if something is mentioned there, please don't say).

george_us

Biggest bombshell for me is that FFXVI isn't being worked on right now...or even in the planning stages. Sad news. Also sounds like XV is going to be a glorious mess.

Ishida

Banned
Biggest bombshell for me is that FFXVI isn't being worked on right now...or even in the planning stages. Sad news. Also sounds like XV is going to be a glorious mess.

That's not what the Gamescom impressions are telling us.

Also, where did you get the FFXVI info?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The no XVI in development thing terrifies me. To me this means that the series is actually at risk of being discontinued someday.

And on the bright side... even if XVI is coming? The fact that we'll have to wait years for it is sad. Seems like the long lead up to XII, XIII and XV (once considered really overdue delays) has become the acceptable status quo for wait time between entries.

chozen

Question did they remove all the Visual Works CGI? Cause I know Nozue said somewhere that it wasn't Visual Works that did the opening CGI .

The no XVI in development thing terrifies me. To me this means that the series is actually at risk of being discontinued someday.

And on the bright side... even if XVI is coming? The fact that we'll have to wait years for it is sad. Seems like the long lead up to XII, XIII and XV (once considered really overdue delays) has become the acceptable status quo for wait time between entries.

We are getting THREE FFVII Remake games so that will fill the gap.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

All that means to me is that FF7R series is their next big "FF" level push, on the scale of a new numbered entree.

Dame

4chan poster leaked pretty much every significant detail (and issues) with the game months ago, including a description of the game's intro, which was exactly what this article describes.

Few towns. Few cities. Barren overworld. Awww snap.

So after more than a decade and nomura/his team being pulled multiple times to help finish the xiii sequels nobody wanted, to only get pulled, this may turn out to be true?

I...this game...this company.
Just...how incompetent and directionless can you..aneurism...help.

They desperately cling to the negative one. Confirmation bias. They think it gives them a free card to turn off their brains and shitpost.

This is reductionist and doesn't do much to cover up the long history of negatives tied with this title, or the company, but...ok i guess.

Kholdy

Neo Member
I'm going to assume that's Ifrit. I really like his design here. Feels reminiscent of the classic Amano Ifrit, with a slight Greek god asthethic. Complete with that nonchalant lounging on a throne attitude. I love it.

Very cool bombastic intro, although is that all, or was it just an edited condensed version of chapter 0?

It looks like Chaos to me, but who knows.

https://imgur.com/03qzKwk

Kaizer

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;213908862 said:
Why do people continue to only pay attention to 1 one of the leaks

Mostly because what we continue to see of FFXV verifies a lot of the leak's story details.

Ishida

Banned

They desperately cling to the negative one. Confirmation bias. They think it gives them a free card to turn off their brains and shitpost.

I am having a hard time keeping all the leaks straight!
The MarkisLucis vs. TheGuy is confusing. Live, Luna. Liiiiiiiiiveeee.

ViciousDS

Banned
It looks like Chaos to me, but who knows.

https://imgur.com/03qzKwk

Yes, that is definitely chaos

DissidiaChaos.png

Sayad

Well, you do realize a lot of the game was changed because it was Tabata working it and not Nomura right? Due to them making it a numbered entree, it could no longer have a KH battle system, they changed a lot of the locations, and the cast no longer fit in the game that changed around them, especially when Tabata changed the entire story in order to make it a single game, complete with cutting out that huge ass battle with the gang right in the middle of it.
The gameplay(or gameplay concept) from 2013 when Nomura was working on the game looked pretty much the same as this, along with their discreption of it at the time:
– There isn’t much of a turn-based style to the game, but there is a Command system as well. The game won’t be an “action-only” game. It needs to have the taste of Final Fantasy.
http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/0...even-more-information-about-final-fantasy-xv/
What make you think it was going to be KH like?!

Other than that, the characters and the setting are mostly same, some sub characters changed a bit, some completely left out, and they added few more(still mostly designed by Numora), but none would really have a big impact since the main party didn't change.

Gbraga

『Inaba Resident』;213909543 said:
Another one is right in the OP. Having trouble finding the 3rd (the whole thing is sort of confusing and hard to follow) but it exists.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213812733&postcount=129

The point is that we don't know which one is true at this point because (apparently) all 3 both confirm and contradict each other at the same time.

If the thing about rewrites being done late into development is true, it even makes sense for the leaks to contradict each other. We'll have to wait and see which version is the one that made it to the final game.

jiggle

This was the part that kept me hopeful the leaks were fake
Cuz,Iirc, verendus said he saw something that he thought was FFX-3 but turned out to be ffxvi

I don't know what's worst
No XVI in dev
Or Toriyama making XVI

『Inaba Resident』;213909543 said:
Another one is right in the OP. Having trouble finding the 3rd (the whole thing is sort of confusing and hard to follow) but it exists.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213812733&postcount=129

The point is that we don't know which one is true at this point because (apparently) all 3 both confirm and contradict each other at the same time.

Thanks
the Luna alive part is true I hope

Inuhanyou

The gameplay(or gameplay concept) from 2013 when Nomura was working on the game looked pretty much the same as this, along with their discreption of it at the time:
http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/0...even-more-information-about-final-fantasy-xv/
What make you think it was going to be KH like?!

Other than that, the characters and the setting are mostly same, some sub characters changed a bit, some completely left out, and they added few more(still mostly designed by Numora), but none would really have a big impact since the main party didn't change.

You didn't read what i posted.

I said because it became a numbered entree, the KH combat was changed to a more RPG ish type system. I meant from Versus.

Also...how can you say it looks exactly the same when the battle they were in the whole 2013 trailer(the battle against the other country that attacks their home along with that summon) no longer features the main characters? They hear about it through a newspaper

Akainu

So... the thing that we've all be looking forward to about this game, ever since it was Versus and then reannounced as XV, namely the invasion and the presumed destruction/escape from the city.

That's been cut, and is instead relegated to the cgi film...

I thought for sure it was still in the game, it was the main thing that had me interested.

So instead of that potentially amazing opening we get the cast pushing a broken car and doing a mundane tutorial monster quest.

Hell the moment the game lost the suits versus the wizards this game was dead to me. Now I will enjoy the schadenfreude.

wmlk

You didn't read what i posted.

I said because it became a numbered entree, the KH combat was changed to a more RPG ish type system. I meant from Versus.

Also...how can you say it looks exactly the same when the battle they were in the whole 2013 trailer(the battle against the other country that attacks their home along with that summon) no longer features the main characters? They hear about it through a newspaper

Which summon? The whole Leviathan in Altissia scene is in the game. This is part of it now in FFXV.

CaRwiTm.gif

n0razi

The drama surrounding the development of this game has entertained me more than the actual game could ever hope to. SE has my money even if I dont play a minute of it.

wmlk

What? That happens during the playable invasion what are you not getting?

This has not been cut. That's an entirely different part.

People keep confusing it.

Inuhanyou mentioned the summon in the city, which doesn't make sense since that's not part of the Insomnia invasion that's been cut.

Inuhanyou

Which summon? The whole Leviathan in Altissia scene is in the game. This is part of it now in FFXV.

CaRwiTm.gif

I'm saying it was been relegated to a single cut-scene featuring Luna. The whole battle scene of the 2013 trailer no longer exists because the main gang are not there to participate in the battle itself.

Luna is in the city and the gang don't get to the city until the end according to the leaks.

butman

I really bet for no XVI this gen. Instead we'll get VII-R.
Sad but i just don't see it coming.

wmlk

I'm saying it was been relegated to a single cut-scene featuring Luna. The whole battle scene of the 2013 trailer no longer exists because the main gang are not there to participate in the battle itself.

Luna is in the city and the gang don't get to the city until the end according to the leaks.

Huh? Luna summons Leviathan and Noctis and co. are in the city when shit goes down.

Altissia is the biggest city in Final Fantasy XV. It's still in the game. 95% of the "gameplay" in the E3 2013 trailer takes place in Altissia.

Aters

Nah the E3 trailer in Sony conference this year actually showed a glimpse of the Levi fight. Whether it's the same as 2013 trailer or not, we are supposed to find it out in Gamescom. Also that trailer showed a good chunk of the city. It's definitely still in the game.

wmlk

Nah the E3 trailer in Sony conference this year actually showed a glimpse of the Levi fight. Whether it's the same as 2013 trailer or not, we are supposed to find it out in Gamescom. Also that trailer showed a good chunk of the city. It's definitely still in the game.

It's bound to be different since it has to be playable now instead of CG, but it should be something similar.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Yeah, I don't really buy that bit about FFXVI not being in development. I think its budget and scale will be impacted sharply by FFXV, and I think XV's sales and reception are important enough at this juncture that XVI won't progress very far until those returns are cashed. But I do think it's in pre-production, albeit a lesser relevance than FFVII-R by far.

Inuhanyou

What...? I honestly have no idea if you've been following the trailers or not.

https://youtu.be/otVk3EEjgd8?t=100

Huh? Luna summons Leviathan and Noctis and co. are in the city when shit goes down.

Altissia is the biggest city in Final Fantasy XV. It's still in the game. 95% of the "gameplay" in the E3 2013 trailer takes place in Altissia.

Wait...so...the fight in Insomnia with the Leviathan is not apart of the invasion?

Ishida

Banned
Wait...so...the fight in Insomnia with the Leviathan is not apart of the invasion?

No. Leviathan's rage has always been in Altissia.

Niflheim first invades Lucis. THIS is the part that was cut from the game.
Niflheim then moves to invade Altissia (Probably in search of Luna?), and this is where Leviathan breaks hell loose.

Top Bottom