• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Chapter 0 revealed, preview inbound (Spoilers) (Duh)

UberTag

Man, they probably need to throw this game back in the oven until 2017 but at this point it's probably too late to salvage it.

Ah well... I'm still optimistic about World of Final Fantasy and Square's western divisions (not their marketing teams; their development studios) are actually well-run, talented and able to turn out quality so they'll still have that. New Deus Ex next week should be hot. I'm really excited for it. Are we getting a new Go title from SE Montreal anytime soon?

Ydelnae

At least there's some sort of arc there. FFXV so far is:

Go collect swords to retake your kingdom. Also timeskip because reasons

Noctis is sent off to marry Luna, his childhood friend, in order to secure the peace for his kingdom. Once he has left the capital, the empire attacks the kindgom and kills his father. Luna, learning the truth about the empire's intentions, starts her own journey to awaken the lost summons all over the world.

Noctis learns that the king is now dead and gets fustrated because he couldn't say goodbye to his father one last time. He decides to go to Altissia to meet Luna, who's been held captive by the empire. Before Noctis gets there, hell breaks loose in Altissia and Luna scapes awaking Leviathan.

After that, Noctis chases Luna around the world while learning that he needs to gather the power of the ancient kings in order to prevent the world from falling into despair. When he finally gets to Luna, the bad evil guy finally reveals himself as the first guardian/king of the crystal. The only way Noctis can beat him is to sacrifice 10 years of his life to gather the power of the world's lifestream.

10 years later, Noctis and his friends finally return home with one last mission, take back the throne and save the world.

It's all about presentation. inb4 "it still sounds bad as hell lmao" posts.

Time to dip
I left 7-8 years ago.
cZKHact.gif

bunkitz

It's a bit more difficult than that. There are several (two or three, not sure) that contain info that is now verified by the Gamereactor preview, but they contradict each other on certain points, for example on the
abundance of towns and cities
. So, we can't definitively say what is and isn't true in these rumours, let alone what is exaggeration (game is a mess means dips to 25 fps at certain points for some people, for example).

Edit: I have read both leaks (only the negative one) but people here say that one leak is negative about the game while the second is more positive (can't confirm atm).

Ah. Shame about
the supposed barrenness of the world and whatnot...
I really hope it's not true. Although, I don't understand why people would assume that's automatically confirmed given that the new info is only about Chapter 0.

Well, either ways, I think I'll be happy with it as long as it's got a good enough story (I can enjoy movies like Transformers and Dawn of Justice, so I think I'm safe there as long as it's not truly utter shit) and decent gameplay. I'll just wait and see from whatever new info we may get between now and release.

Gonna have to say that Kagari was right all this time. I would've preferred Nomura's game. All the stuff he showed was actually more interesting. I guess all hopes and dreams rest on his FF7 TRIOLOGY now.

Yeah, this is where I am too.

Goddamn it, Square. Couldn't you have put Ito in charge of XV instead of Tabata?

Seriously, where the fuck is Ito? Aren't the higher-ups aware that he has proven himself amongst both fans and critics? Why the hell would they put Tabata in charge when he's only made mediocre games before?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
At this point I feel like I'm buying a piece of history than something I'm actually excited to play through.

Vire

At this point I feel like I'm buying a piece of history than something I'm actually excited to play through.
Yeah, it'll be cool to have a permenant reminder on my shelf as the reason why the Final Fantasy series died.

I had a feeling people will compare this game to FFXIII and will say how FFXIII was a much better game.

Given that it has happened with every single FF game that I've had the "pleasure" of discussing at launch since FF7, it wouldn't be surprising in the least.

Hell, just look back one mainline title: people shit all over FFXII in many ways, but when XIII hit, XII slowly became a fan favorite and XIII was garbage.

kurahador

FFX leak
- main character is a blitzball star (kinda like american football but it plays underwater)
- ha ha ha ha ha ha
- dead

Bluenoser

Given that it has happened with every single FF game that I've had the "pleasure" of discussing at launch since FF7, it wouldn't be surprising in the least.

Hell, just look back one mainline title: people shit all over FFXII in many ways, but when XIII hit, XII slowly became a fan favorite and XIII was garbage.

This is true to an extent (not many preferred 8 over 7) but I don't think 13 will ever get to the category of "fan favorite" lol.

Brocken

Banned
Final Fantasy VII leak
>you spend the entire first act of the game inside a single city
>once you go out the overworld is barren as hell
>aerith is kind of important to the party but whatever once you really get to know her the bitch is killed
>sephirot is actually her mother which is a space goat-woman who came from another planet
>aerith is also a space goat-woman
>cloud spends the entire game pretending to be a soldier he once knew, in reallity he is an emo kid
>no alternate costumes
>cloud is revealed to have a part of sephirot mother inside him
>sephirot's mother call everyone to meet at the center of the world to fuse with her
>cloud refuses
>cloud goes anyway and kills sephirot's mother, which turnet out to be actually sephirot all along
>sephirot's mother is just a head

It is true tha the game running for just two hours and then every console would be hitted by a Supernova ? Oh boy if it's true, SE,Tabata, Nomura, Japan and the entire world are a mess :(

Ishida

Banned
Final Fantasy IX, plot summary:

-Fat queen is having a party
-Thieves steal the princess!
-Protagonist is a Goku rip off. Complete with a tail.
-His power is to turn purple.
-Antagonist is a dude that looks like a girl, who also has a tail.
-One of the party characters has a horn on her forehead. lol.
-Very slow battle system.
-In one scene, the protagonist and a party member discuss life while they pee.

Worst game ever.

Brand new RPG series (kinda like Dragon Quest) is coming out and I have some leaks
- You play as 4 warriors of crystals
- No personality, just generic classes
- Save princess, kill evil Swordsman Garland
- Save world's crystals
- Fight Garland Again, he turns into chaos and goes to the past to start the story, which tursn out to be time loop.
- Defeat him and ... break the cycle?
- End

Actually, still kinda simple and comprehensive. Best ff confirmed?

Manu

Just read the AMA from the guy who played it.

-He says the combat is faster and flashier
-He says he's hyped as fuck for the whole game
-He says the graphics have been downgraded from Duscae demo

Guess which one's the only one being discussed in this thread?

But people aren't focusing on the negative. No sir.

GunBR

The one thing that I don't understand is that most of people here say that Kingdom Hearts story is terrible, but they still think that Nomura would do a better job on FF XV

I think you guys need to stop with trying to outwit each other with plot summaries or at least put some actual effort in there. They are not as funny as you think they are.

Shin-chan

I struggle to think how this game will be worse than XIII. But I'm sure Square will do their best.

I guess Tabata is no more than just the average game director he was prior to jumping on the project. I wonder which toilet he'll be designated once this releases.

The biggest issue I've had with the game since its re reveal is that very little of it sounds appealing or interesting. Like, the only good trailer they released was TGS 2014 and they have drip fed information about the game since without actually revealing anything that would get me engaged with the game.

If combat isn't much improved from Duscae then it should have been completely scrapped altogether. Just copy and paste XIIs or something. As uninspired as it would be it would still feel better to play than Duscae and Platinum.

The one thing that I don't understand is that most of people here say that Kingdom Hearts story is terrible, but they still think that Nomura would do a better job on FF XV

I really disagree with KH story being necessarily terrible, more like, it's presented annoyingly, due to all spin offs. It's actually fairly simple and straight forward, if you pretend that DDD didn't happen. Cuz it completely ruins simple, understandable motivations of a character by muddling them wiht some weird time travel hive-mind'y shit o_O

Dark_castle

At least there's some sort of arc there. FFXV so far is:

Go collect swords to retake your kingdom. Also timeskip because reasons
I don't think the leak is summarising everything in terms of plot though. Notice that there are no mention of Iedolas, Glauca and Ravus, and we know they are all important characters/villains.

Chase17

Just read the AMA from the guy who played it.

-He says the combat is faster and flashier
-He says he's hyped as fuck for the whole game
-He says the graphics have been downgraded from Duscae demo

Guess which one's the only one being discussed in this thread?

But people aren't focusing on the negative. No sir.
You're right! We have to talk about this downgrade! /s

Ishida

Banned
Final Fantasy VI story leak:

-Protagonist is brainwashed girl.
-She turns into a weird, pink thing.
-Antagonist is a clown. What the fuck.
-Theres a singing scene.
-The world is destroyed, except not.
-A CLOWN turns into an angel.
-It is defeated.

xion4360

I struggle to think how this game will be worse than XIII. But I'm sure Square will do their best.

I guess Tabata is no more than just the average game director he was prior to jumping on the project. I wonder which toilet he'll be designated once this releases.

The biggest issue I've had with the game since its re reveal is that very little of it sounds appealing or interesting. Like, the only good trailer they released was TGS 2014 and they have drip fed information about the game since without actually revealing anything that would get me engaged with the game.

If combat isn't much improved from Duscae then it should have been completely scrapped altogether. Just copy and paste XIIs or something. As uninspired as it would be it would still feel better to play than Duscae and Platinum.

hes responsible I believe for Type-0 and Crisis Core.

I think its unfair to call anything out just yet. Just see how it turns out.

Styles

Yeah, it's kind of amusing. I could understand if it was regarding the combat, but a coherent story from Nomura? LOL.

Top Bottom