• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefbags

Omw to pick it up.. sommus playing in my mind during this train ride

🎵 Deus dormit
Et liberi ignem faciunt
Numquam extinguunt
Ne expergisci possit
Omnia dividit
Tragedia coram
Amandum quae
Et nocte perpetua
In desperatione
Auroram videre potest
Mane tempus expergiscendi 🎵

Edit:whoops double post

Ray Down

Banned
Feels like everyone is getting the game but me ( .__.)

giphy.gif

We are the ones who are the best of the bunch, because we have actually the patience to wait 1 week before playing and enjoying this.

Totally agreed. People need to just have more patience, it's officially out in five days.

Anyone know of it being available anywhere in the Pensacola area?

silva1991

Does this game have good gameplay like the older FFs?

Opinions are varied.

To me it's my least favorite even after playing the last demo for over 10 hours.

It's fun, but weaker than the other games imo.

You can always download the JP demo and check for yourself.

Socivol

I just started but the framerate or framepacing is really awful on HQ mode on Pro. It's a significant difference too.

VertPin

I mean it's a series where it's usually selecting things from a menu.
I'd prefer that or an actual combat system rather than holding circle...
Your description *is* way too simplified, fwiw!

is this the beginning or the end of an era
Yes, I forgot the dodges, parries, and team attacks...but still, it seems a little disappointing imo? I wasn't expecting KH combat, but FFXV combat seems a little dry. :/

E92 M3

Opinions are varied.

To me it's my least favorite even after playing the last demo for over 10 hours.

It's fun, but weaker than the other games imo.

You can always download the JP demo and check for yourself.

Thanks, will there be a US demo? I've been wanting to play a good JRPG, but the genre has been so lacking lately.

farisr

sidenote : did anyone else's best buy orders dissappear from their order history? If i search the order number it seems to be still there but my 2 orders have completely disappeared from my order history
have you had to do a "forgot my password" or anything like that ever since you ordered. From my experience, that's when orders from the best buy order history disappear (but can still be looked up if you have the order number). Happened once to me, never again.

No, just mainline FF for now. I won't be surprised if they add something like CT as DLC though. WoFF has some nice reference to other Sqaure classics.

Fingers crossed. Should be easy enough to implement as dlc. Good luck to everyone whose got the game. I'm going to be a late joiner in December.

dc89

Another day gone by and Simplygames still hasn't shipped the game, so there goes my chance of playing it Saturday. Loving reading the opinions though.

I think they will ship tomorrow, that should get to you by Saturday unless you live in the outer Hebrides

Neff

I mean it's a series where it's usually selecting things from a menu.

But your options from those menus are numerous and relevant in their own strategic way. Much of FFXV's interface is automated in that regard.

A better comparison would be FFXII, a fine game where you basically just move a character around while all your pre-programmed micromanagement is done for you.

Final Fantasy XV, where fantasy meets reality, written by Haruki Murakami.

Jesus christ that would be such a mess.

Old men talking to cats, lesbian women vanishing into missing realities, golden haired beasts howling at the moon.

..actually that doesn't sound half bad tbh.

Z3M0G

Yes, it's possible, you can go straight to storyquest ignoring side quest and you can always go back to open world to complete side quests, even during the final chapters, even in the last rest room before the final boss.

This is fantastic. Totally what I'm going to do. Hopefully it will be easier for my GF to "watch" me play it in this format, so I can actually get more TV time. She wants to know how the story ends after watching the movie too.

Tek

I don't understand why they didn't release this yesterday on the 22nd. Seems like it would have been ideal due to the US holiday and Black Friday shopping going on.

That is also me just being bitter about having all of this free time this week DUE to the holiday and being unable to play it. :(

Living so close to an Amazon distribution center means that it won't ship until Monday and then the UPS guy won't deliver it until like 6-8pm on Tuesday. Wish there was a way I could get it early in Louisville, KY. * hint, hint * :) Bueller ?

But your options from those menus are numerous and relevant in their own strategic way. Much of FFXV's interface is automated in that regard.

A better comparison would be FFXII, a fine game where you basically just move a character around while all your pre-programmed micromanagement is done for you.

I thought XIII had the most fun and crazy on your toes battle system in the main series and like with XII some people said it "played itself"

My point is that while some games have more to their systems than others, people respond differently, I've seen impressions that this battle system is fun and isn't just holding a button. Loved XII's system where you could set up gambits but I chose to remain mostly in control.

Zesh

Can anyone please let me know of places that are selling it in NYC? Looking to get a copy today, thanks.

Z3M0G

I think you should strive for a middle ground. Ignore the side quests that look too much like fetch quests to you if you'd like, but don't just go straight to story objectives. There's a lot to discover through exploration, and having the bros talking about this optional dungeon you just found, and not in generic Dragon's Dogma banter, but unique dialogue written for this specific place, just adds so much to the sense of discovery, this sense of journey that is so characteristic of the series.

Ok I like this. It sounds like I should explore and reveal the entire map as I go. Explore interesting locations. If my GF gets too bored I may need to stop that however.

Return later and do the fetch stuff.

Z3M0G

If you are playing on normal and you dont do ANY sidequests you are going to rapidly end up underleveled for the content and make it that much more of a slog. Even on easy the dude that rushed through it would do pitiful damage to bosses and would have to constantly be using potions to stay alive. Then again it didnt look like he was any good at the game so it might balance out.

I considered that too... lately I've been a completionist as i play games... I'll see how my GF enjoys watching and go from there. If she gets bored, I'll need to get to the story or stop playing...

Falk

that puzzling face
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom