• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPtheGod

Welp, I'm joining the fam!

Impressions coming later.

wRvBYLI.jpg

Where did your copy come from? It's a US copy... :(

Someone call ShopTo and make them dispatch it >_> long weekend and all that...

I am hoping ShopTo see how widely available it is already and go "fuck it" and send it out ready for the weekend. I've had plenty of games with Tuesday releases arrive in the post on the prior Saturday from them before...

Well I got an email earlier that my order is being packed. Being from Game I'm not getting my hopes up but the next step would be delivery and packing it up already to be sent out Monday seems excessive so fingers crossed.

cackhyena

Yes. There's a different control style you can choose that's just like the one in episode duscae if you've played that.

Okay cool. I played the one where you are shrunken down in some room and then fight a Behemoth or whatever. I'm rusty on my Final fantasy stuff. I was super turned off by the combat in that one.

Nya

Next week I'll do a post pointing out all the incorrect parts, assuming people still care.

Yeah, after playing the game I can confirm that Verendus's post is bullshit.

I just remembered something...is this train station still in the game?

dtmzietc0wnvm1jdzalw.gif

And are there cats? XD

This station hmm, I don't think so. It may have been removed or entirely changed because I don't remember this place.

I'm loving the game but the cutscenes are just ruining my interest in the story, they're terrible, like Bethesda terrible. That is not acceptable in a Final Fantasy in my opinion.

Yeah, I agree. The story presentation overall in the game is very cheap except for some cool scenes and the final chapter.

Socivol

Three hours in and still in the demo area at the beginning. The combat in this game is so much fun. It's even better on normal where enemies are more difficult and have more HP. To people that have said hold square to win that's not even possible especially when you have mobs of 6 or 7. You really have to use your partners to gain i-frames, warp, and defend. I haven't experienced too much of the story yet though.

What I'm not liking is the framepacing or framerate for the Pro "high" mode. I bought my Pro just to play this game looking the best it can and it run so much better on the default PS4 mode. It's not even a question that they are probably working on optimizing the performance for Pro because currently it's kind of shitty. It's actually worse for me now than it was on the demo.

Tyaren

This station hmm, I don't think so. It may have been removed or entirely changed because I don't remember this place.

Lol, why am I not surprised? ;D
I really don't want to know what they all scrapped halfway finished, when they realized they had to make the 2016 release date.
That station looked epic...I bet this is what we get now?

hellnorway.jpg

cackhyena

Three hours in and still in the demo area at the beginning. The combat in this game is so much fun. It's even better on normal where enemies are more difficult and have more HP. To people that have said hold square to win that's not even possible especially when you have mobs of 6 or 7. You really have to use your partners to gain i-frames, warp, and defend. I haven't experienced too much of the story yet though.

What I'm not liking is the framepacing or framerate for the Pro "high" mode. I bought my Pro just to play this game looking the best it can and it run so much better on the default PS4 mode. It's not even a question that they are probably working on optimizing the performance for Pro because currently it's kind of shitty. It's actually worse for me now than it was on the demo.

Ugh, that sucks.

Nya

Lol, why am I not surprised? ;D
I really don't want to know what they all scrapped halfway finished, when they realized they had to make the 2016 release date.

So many things were scrapped unfortunately .. red skies, this station, dawn trailers .. etc. I actually wish they pushed this game for a 2019 release or something, the concept was good and I wanted it to be done right. Oh well..

So many things were scrapped unfortunately .. red skies, this station, dawn trailers .. etc. I actually wish they pushed this game for a 2019 release or something, the concept was good and I wanted it to be done right. Oh well..

So you've 100% the entire game already,
how do you know these places were scrapped?

Enclose

Good to know. So glad that i sticked with my base PS4.

Ydelnae

You could have spoilered this :(

Well yeah, cause I played and finished the game yesterday.

I'm sorry I find this hard to believe , I played the demo, and it had some many inaccessible different locations, and I've spent a good 20 hours in it. I guess I find it hard to believe that you've already 100% the game and discovered all the locations and hidden towns,dungeons ect.

If true, well, bummer I guess.

Nya

I'm sorry I find this hard to believe , I played the demo, and it had some many inaccessible different locations, and I've spent a good 20 hours in it. I guess I find it hard to believe that you've already 100% the game and discovered all the locations and hidden towns,dungeons ect.

If true, well, bummer I guess.

I really don't want to spoil the locations for you or how the open world really works, but from what I've played that doesn't seem to be case honestly. Although I can confirm the dungeons being awesome and there is a lot of variety to them.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus christ that would be such a mess.

Old men talking to cats, lesbian women vanishing into missing realities, golden haired beasts howling at the moon.

..actually that doesn't sound half bad tbh.

Well the XIII series had Chocobos turning into people, possibly lesbians lovers becoming a crystal pillar and Lightning being ripped out of reality by Chaos.

Ydelnae

Guys, be a bit more careful when discussing some details. Reading some of the posts in this thread I already got spoilered who the villain is, what happens to a certain character and what to (not) expect from the game. Maybe it's my own fault by reading impressions before playing the game, I just wanted to know if people were liking the game and well, I regret stepping foot in here :(

Strakt

Yea... this game is definitely not going to land in the 70s like some people were claiming...

loving every second of it so far

did i mention, the music is fucking 10/10

Socivol

Yea... this game is definitely not going to land in the 70s like some people were claiming...

loving every second of it so far

did i mention, the music is fucking 10/10

Playing it I agree I would be shocked if it landed in the 70s it's actually really fun. The combat is just so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom