• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Ahhhh, 1 more week!

I'm so jealous to the people that have it. First thing I'm doing is watch the movie while that 8gig patch downloads. Who is doing the OT?

Quick observation those who seen kingsglaive only click

The cgi car scene with noctis and the bros isn't there
I guess that's part of the crown update next week?

Quick observation those who seen kingsglaive only click

The cgi car scene with noctis and the bros isn't there
I guess that's part of the crown update next week?

I'm guessing not going to be there at all, but hey that's just a guess. Btw I remember seeing you in the Platinum demo thread, we had pretty similar opinions of the game at the time IIRC. Mind PM'ing me some spoiler free impressions when you've had the time to get a feel for the game?

Tyaren

It happend again...I accidently stumbled into the spoiler thread! D: It always happens when I don't fully pay attention and click on the next best thread with FFXV in the title.
Everything looked really unfamiliar there and there were some gifs...and then I bolted before they even could fully load.
200.gif

Definitely waiting for real reviews. There are too many good games out now to risk grabbing this on a platform I don't even like when I might be better off grabbing a safe bet like Watch Dogs 2 or Titanfall 2 on PC.

I hope it's good enough to warrant a PC port next year.

bigol

It happend again...I accidently stumbled into the spoiler thread! D: It always happens when I don't fully pay attention and click on the next best thread with FFXV in the title.
Everything looked really unfamiliar there and there were some gifs...and then I bolted before they even could fully load.
200.gif

Lol, so excited for the game,nice.
Looking at your avatar i think you are going to love Prompto even more when you play the game. He is hands down the best supporting character.

If you downloaded the 7Gb patch you already have the Crown Update.
Oh thought it was separate.
I'm guessing not going to be there at all, but hey that's just a guess. Btw I remember seeing you in the Platinum demo thread, we had pretty similar opinions of the game at the time IIRC. Mind PM'ing me some spoiler free impressions when you've had the time to get a feel for the game?

I'm just playing the demo area for the first time, did the hunt and it took me awhile. Seems pretty challenging. Combat is smooth and very different for plat demo. The link strikes come off naturally. I'm playing on normal so the whole attack to win sentiment doesn't hold up.

One minor complaint bushes get in the way at times.
Dualhorn battle was cool
https://youtu.be/UmCOU_mHVAY

Tyaren

Lol, so excited for the game,nice.
Looking at your avatar i think you are going to love Prompto even more when you play the game. He is hands down the best supporting character.

I am excited, yes! :D Though a lot of the negative news, and all they've scrapped, dampened that excitement considerably. The longer I have to wait and the more people are talking about it and I keep asking about it, the worse it gets. I'll probably get the game Saturday, maybe I should avoid any discussion until then...but I can't. XD

Yes, Prompto's my favorite character for a long time now. Already when I played Episode Duscae. I hope he has some awesome scenes and character development...and they don't kill him off. D:

Balls

Banned
Shame about the PSP like cutscenes though. Half the magic in FF games comes from the awesome cinematics and high production values. I knew something was off when it was so hard for them to put out a substantial story trailer. :(

I'm just playing the demo area for the first time, did the hunt and it took me awhile. Seems pretty challenging. Combat is smooth and very different for plat demo. The link strikes come off naturally. I'm playing on normal so the whole attack to win sentiment doesn't hold up.

One minor complaint bushes get in the way at times.
Dualhorn battle was cool
https://youtu.be/UmCOU_mHVAY

Sounds promising to be honest. Especially attack to win not working and looking at the footage for Dualhorn. Does paying attention to your team mates locations pay off at all? Like I know they manage to generally show up when needed, but can you use their positioning as an advantage to split groups up and divert attention etc. It kind of felt like warp was the only way to get breathing room in Platinum since it was just Noctis.

RPGCrazied

Shame about the PSP like cutscenes though. Half the magic in FF games comes from the awesome cinematics and high production values. I knew something was off when it was so hard for them to put out a substantial story trailer. :(

PSP like cutscenes?

This game has no cutscenes?

Sounds promising to be honest. Especially attack to win not working and looking at the footage for Dualhorn. Does paying attention to your team mates locations pay off at all? Like I know they manage to generally show up when needed, but can you use their positioning as an advantage to split groups up and divert attention etc. It kind of felt like warp was the only way to get breathing room in Platinum since it was just Noctis.

When it comes to your team location I guess it pays off knowing where they are so you can initiate a link strike. One good thing is, if you're being overwhelmed they will come to your side.

gunstarhero

A little OT, but does anyone know why the 5th epeisode of Brotherhood on Square's YT channel is missing the subtitles? They posted 2 versions episodes 1 thru 4 (English sub and multi language).

The 5th episode doesn't have the English sub version, and the multi language version dosent display subs on my Apple TV.

So there isn't any epic cutscenes with lots of action in this FF? That would be a big bummer.

Of course there is but their frequency and polish has been severely reduced compared to previous entries.

Note: I haven't played the game, just watched a stream of the first half of the game.

A little OT, but does anyone know why the 5th epeisode of Brotherhood on Square's YT channel is missing the subtitles? They posted 2 versions episodes 1 thru 4 (English sub and multi language).

The 5th episode doesn't have the English sub version, and the multi language version dosent display subs on my Apple TV.

Hmm, I remember watching this a few weeks ago and it had subs. That's a pretty weird thing to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom