• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

wmlk

I think the game is showing a lot of promise, but the trailer definitely shown that it's still all WIP. The lip syncing was next to zero, major lack of AA especially in town area and enemy AI was kinda brain dead.

But as I said, this game is completely under development and is at least 1 year+ away from release, so they have got time to keep improving the game.

We see it improve each new footage. That's all we can ask for at this point.

DeSolos

You're right, nice catch.
CGh1irp.jpg

Definitely looks like Cor's posture.

hqdefault.jpg

I get a real Faith + 1 vibe from this image.

sublimit

Banned
Really? I don't see it. 0_o
If anything, the first thing that came to my mind was Havana and I'm pretty convinced it was the real world inspiration.

ss-110415-cuba2011-01.grid-8x2.jpg

stella-girls-guide_2317139b.jpg

Yeah that was also my initial impression even from when i first saw the tiny screenshot in the scan.Which is really cool IMO because i can't think of any other game that had Havana as an inspiration for a city model.

Jamie OD

I am getting more and more interested in this game than I thought I would. Love the idea of a road trip story in an RPG.

All I can say is thank god for the confirmed dual audio, because that English voice acting stiiiiiiiiiinks. Well, that's a bit harsh. It stinks in the sense that it just doesn't mesh with the character designs at all, but then that's been true of most other Final Fantasy games with voice acting, so it's not a surprise. A rare exception was XII, where the English dub actually worked very well, but all those characters were about as interesting as talking cardboard puppets, so it was all for nought.

Anyway, the game looks great, and absurdly ambitious to a fault.

wmlk

Wait, what?

The Japanese trailer is actually missing sound effects and proper mixing, whereas the English trailer has all of them intact.

Anybody else notice this? It's obvious from the very beginning. Just compare.

Acosta

It looks fantastic, but I always was a believer so I guess it´s not surprising.

I really want this game to be special, I hope they don't drop the ball.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It looks fantastic, but I always was a believer so I guess it´s not surprising.

I really want this game to be special, I hope they don't drop the ball.
I think the ever-pushed back release date is evidence that they can't drop the ball. I think the corporate mandate is to make this a franchise-rejuvenating entry no matter what, even if it comes at the cost of a reasonable release date.

Rad-

First FFXV trailer that actually gave me FF vibes. I'm still unsure about the combat though. It looks flashy with no depth.

Also IQ was pretty bad on the city part. But the game is still a long way to go so hopefully that'll be sorted.

Kyoufu

First FFXV trailer that actually gave me FF vibes. I'm still unsure about the combat though. It looks flashy with no depth.

Also IQ was pretty bad on the city part. But the game is still a long way to go so hopefully that'll be sorted.

It's a mainline Final Fantasy, a mainstream RPG intended for everybody. I wouldn't hope for much depth in combat to be honest. As long as it's fun, that's all that matters.

As long as you don't expect something like Devil May Cry then you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

Dragoon Lady was part of Insomnia Invasion, which we have seen zero in-game footage of that part of the game ever since the XV rebranding.

That's true, I'm just worried Tabata took an eraser and rubbed it on Nomura's face when he took over. Lots of cool stuff from Versus that I hope were retained in this version.

Blizzard

Banned
Apparently I posted impressions in the wrong thread. The things that stuck out to me as especially cool from the English trailer were that the music was good, the scifi/modern setting and clothing is cool, and the voice actor for the extra spiky-haired guy in the car is awesome.

raven777

I am kinda disappointed that Cor is only a guest party member.....

So I guess those 4 guys are really the only permanent party members...which is probably my biggest disappointment for this game so far.

Tabata said there is more guest party members so I really hope there are some female members as well. (and Stella of course)

He's so beautiful :( I hope he isn't a traitor and that's why he's not a permanent member >.>

That would be a cool story element. They haven't touched on the whole permanent loss of party member thing in a while. Permanent loss of a party member that you have to fight a few times would be cool (and his fighting style being reflected by how you controlled and levelled him up). Like a new take on Pokemon's rival system.

That's true, I'm just worried Tabata took an eraser and rubbed it on Nomura's face when he took over. Lots of cool stuff from Versus that I hope were retained in this version.

I would be concerned as well, but the E3 2013 trailer's voice-over dialogue largely implies that Insomnia Invasion is a playable part of the game.

raven777

I think US version will get JP voice even for the final game.

The question during ATR was whether JP version will get EN voice, and they said they might not be able to because of time problem. Obviously JP version will come out before EN version and EN dub might not be fully ready by the time JP version releases. But when EN version release they will already have full JP dub ready...so I don't think there will be much problem.
They might do it like preorder bonus or free for short period of time thing they did with LR.

I am kinda disappointed that Cor is only a guest party member.....

So I guess those 4 guys are really the only permanent party members...which is probably my biggest disappointment for this game so far.

Tabata said there is more guest party members so I really hope there are some female members as well. (and Stella of course)
More guest party members means there is a high chance it could be from one of them. Seems like they were key characters after all.

Top Bottom