• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I hate the way Noctis swings some of the weapons, it just looks off. Rather I should say I'm not big on the extra twirls and flips, they fit in KH, but they seem out of place with the more realistic aesthetic.

Also Cindy from the short shorts down, just sucks, like someone just gave up designing her.

I'm not a fan of the angsty, teenage protagonist. Game looks great, the lighting in particular is really nice, but needs an AA solution.

I don't know what to think of this. Expect the worst, hope for the best, I guess.

"Now in development".... sweet!

Game looks so good. Day one for sure. I have to agree that the subs suck but if that ends up being the worst part, I'll live.

It looks good I guess.
My only gripe is, I get zero Final Fantasy feeling from it.
The first part gave some Final Fantasy feeling, but once it was on the road and in the "real" looking town there just was zero feeling to the whole setting that this is a Final Fantasy game.

Not sure if hyped :/

Mifec

It looks good I guess.
My only gripe is, I get zero Final Fantasy feeling from it.
The first part gave some Final Fantasy feeling, but once it was on the road and in the "real" looking town there just was zero feeling to the whole setting that this is a Final Fantasy game.

Not sure if hyped :/

I got a FF feeling from the town, especially the trams on the wires.

XIII pc is 60GB just to fit the whole lip synced CGI cutscenes. I don't think a single bluray disc is enough for this game.

Games can offer it as free DLC too. I think one even did it recently.

DeSolos

B5SBBMGCUAAfN1N.png

Please be a card game and not just background animation!

daveo42

Banned
That was a fantastic trailer. Nice to see a lot more combat and some of the other characters, along with our new Cid. This is shaping up to be a fantastic game. I just hope it holds up when it finally launches.

Looks pretty fine. Hopefully the game will be closer to 12 and what it tried to do with story rather then what 13 did. I'm unsure if it's a cultural thing, but the way they present all females in the trailers so far feels really weird and PS1-like, like something out of the 90's. But it's probably still too early to judge anything.

Have anyone from SE said whether to expect this next year?

Maybe I am just salty because I want a real Singleplayer FF set in a Setting like FF14 again.

Yes I agree. The Medieval/Sci-fi setting doesn't really gel well with Final Fantasy for me, it's better suited to Phantasy Star.

I would love a 'traditional' FF setting with these visuals, it has been so long.

Bold One

Will wait to pass judgement, but I am starting to see why SE are going broke.

Not really played a FF game since 9 and 10 which I really liked, but I doubt I have time for those long grinds these days. It looks pretty though.

And Cindy or Cidney kind of looked out of place but whatever

Famassu

Will wait to pass judgement, but I am starting to see why SE are going broke.
They aren't though? FFXIV, FFXI & DQX still make quite a lot of money for them monthly, some of their mobile stuff are doing good or extremely well and their HD Remasters have sold pretty well as well. Lightning Returns didn't sell all that well but that game recycled as much assets as possible and was rushed as hell, so it's obvious they didn't really spend fucktons of money on it either.

Makareu

I really want to enjoy another FF, and some of the footage seems very good, but there is no way I can stand these four dudes for more than a few hours.

Famassu

kmvebj.gif

So in this one scene, we have Fire. In the other, we have Ice.

Shiva and Ifrit confirmed?
I'd say so. Maybe Ifrit is even the demo summon battle Tabata talked about. The terrain certainly reminds some of the terrain seen in the demo trailers/footages. Maybe Ifrit appears close to the astral shard that's in flames. That kind of rocky place was where it was.

Thoraxes

That one town that looked like Yusnaan looked cool. Hopefully there's stuff to do there though than just walking through an uninteractable area. It's a lot like the latest Zelda footage in that regard, so I hope they address that. But there's probably 2 years to fix that.

English dub sounds awful. Hopefully I can choose Japanese va.

It's weird... but I don't really like half of the main cast's voices in the JP dub either.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
What a beautiful trailer. I was fearing the grounded reality could limit their art direction, but I see that little town already is reminiscent of Rabanastre and the Snow's Town (LR:FFXIII), that is... very nice to look at and filled with "fantasy" architecture.

Best trailer for it so far.

Jayve

Neo Member
Awesome trailer; the city, the gameplay, the music, the graphics (even though they clearly still need a lot of polish), the sheer scale of everything, I cannot wait to finally play this game in hopefully max. 2 years.
I wish they´d announced a date for the demo though!

I'm intrigued that for all the trailers we've gotten so far about the crystal's heist, we haven't actually seen the crystal yet. Maybe that's another surprise that Tabata doesn't want to reveal yet.

Bousf

I just saw it, SHIMOMURA KEEPS DELIVERING <3
The English voices start to sound good to me, the problem is their awful intonation and acting, I'm ok with the tones, definitely not with the performance. Dual audio in the demo is a step towards dual audio in the game, fingers crossed!!

The game is truly shaping up to be one to remember, I hope they don't disappoint.

HD town looks awesome and the huge vehicle hinted at the leak from two days ago sure is creative, I like its design.
Glad to see Cor is back too, and is it me or Cindy has an accent? lol

When it comes to those huge gameplay sections, I'm cautiously optimistic, they could still become a cutscene in the game like XIII's fight in Eden

About the Titan, at first I thought it may be Atlas due to him carrying something, but what he's carrying is definitely not a sphere lol

Glad to see snow for the first time and those cloth and hair mechanics progressing well

There is so much in just 3 minutes!! I won't think too hard about the story just yet xD

PS: WHERE IS STELLA!?!? :/

Top Bottom