• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Review Thread [Second wave of reviews coming in]

Ouroboros

Wow, surprising reviews. SE really couldn't have this game sink. Great job Tabata and Co.

My copy has been at UPS for 3 days now in the same location. I may just drive to the depot and pick it up tonight if it isn't out for delivery. THE ANTICIPATION!

The argument is usually people will take a shorter but good story over a bloated long crappy mess.

However some in here seem to be ignoring FF15 is getting a fair bit of flak for a poor story, so a short AND poor story? Eh...

Well, if it's poor, then why would I want it to be long!

aravuus

Short length sounds good, surprisingly good scores all around really. I'm still sticking to XIV for now, but maybe I won't be waiting too long before I get this too.

Man, I'm happy with the scores. I'm having a blast playing it despite its flaws. Hopefully it will sell a ton so it makes sense for Square to keep making these big JRPG games.

Astral Dog

I see that as a negative. I need at least 60 hours from a JRPG story. That is without side quests or bonus stuff.
There is no point in that if the story is sparse imo. In that way better pacing is a plus, there is enough content there for enjoyable 40 hours

Skilletor

I've got 25 hours in chapter...6?

This game is going to last me a long time. Cosign on awesome dungeons, and if there's even more awesome post-game content, then fuck me.

kurahador

I see that as a negative. I need at least 60 hours from a JRPG story. That is without side quests or bonus stuff.

Oh hell no. You have plenty of other jrpg for that. Something more than 50+ hours completion should be a choice, not a must.

Tabby watching reviews come in like

bdxRlau.gif

Audioboxer

Well, if it's poor, then why would I want it to be long!

If expectations and bargaining get so low of the FF series to walk away happy with short and poor, that to me is the problem with Square summed up. They used to do long and good. Even short and good would be fine. However short and poor, how the mighty fall if this is the bargaining chip now used to say good on FF15!

Polygon with that first line word wankery, oh fuck off.

Surprising scores, has perked my interest, will wait for the public response first though.

MilkBeard

Reviews are much more positive than I thought from the big outlets. Seems like even with its flaws, it connects with people making people like the game despite said flaws. Can't wait to play in a few days.

20 hours for a FF game sounds strange to me.

Now that I have less time fo gaming I would actually finish it so I kinda like it. Of course I'm assuming 20 hours is rushing the story.

Yeah I would assume 20 hours is mainlining the story. If you strip away the side content I'll bet most FFs are about that length if not shorter.

Onemic

Seems this game is like FFXIII but flipped. Open gameplay in the first half, and narrow hallway to boss for the seconds half. On top of a very basic "hold O to attack" battle system.

This is what I get for doing a media blackout. All my hope for this game being the return of the FF series is going out the window. Now I'm afraid of what they'll do to FFVII remake.

Top Bottom