• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Review Thread [Second wave of reviews coming in]

tumblr_nngwnizCge1tr61zko1_250.gif

Finally Fantasy XV. Reviews sound good.

MC 84 would be fun.

supergiz

Damn this thread is moving fast. clicked a page, refreshed, and two new pages.

So far I'm happy with the reviews. Based on what I'm reading this is going to be a 9 or 9.5 for myself.

RulkezX

Hope the good reviews continue. I've had a ton of fun with my 12 hours so far, can't wait to get home and play tonight

It's gonna take me a while to sit and read all of these. I am glad all the reviews are so big! Really look forward to reading them all.

kromeo

The 20 hours is a shame for me personally but I'll still be giving it a chance. I'm fully expecting it to fit in between VII and IV in my series ranking

SE store still says preparing order :(

I'm actually playing through Silent Hill 1 at the moment, however bad the camera is in FFXV you won;t hear me complain :p

Rad-

Lol its sitting at 87 on MC atm. Were you honestly expecting somewhere in the 90s or something...The reviews are great so far.

It showed 84 not many minutes ago. FF13 was 83.

Well whatever it ends up on I'll be buying it. But FF13 was such a waste of money for me so I'm slightly afraid.

jett

D-Member
I expected solid 8~ review scores. It didn't seem like a bad game, but it did it seem like it has half-baked parts, mostly story-related.

Famisu 10, 10, 10, 10

Why does Famitsu even have reviews anymore, surely their audience has wised up by now.

20 hours for a FF game sounds strange to me.

Now that I have less time fo gaming I would actually finish it so I kinda like it. Of course I'm assuming 20 hours is rushing the story.

Joqu

Yikes. I was certainly expecting better reviews than FF13. Looks to be about the same so far.

I don't hate FFXIII but that game is absolutely overrated when it comes to its review average. I don't see that happening now, it's a different climate. Don't worry about it

You can beat the story in 20 hours? If so I will love this game.

If you move from one mission to the next and avoid almost all side content yes a.k.a rush through. I'd recommend doing some side stuff though...so much fun to have in this game in the content outside the main story,

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I can't make heads or tails about if the core group is strong enough to carry through the game. Reviews differ on that front.
Strange how big gameplay concerns like a lack of depth(IGN) or the janky camera are not biggies.

I don't say this often but this game might truly be something you can only judge if you play for yourself. :/

On Demand

Banned
Damn, this sounds like a complete fuck up right here. (Relating to the story only, not the gameplay.) Jesus christ. All those delays, and the plot is both dull and barely coherent?

Glad I watched Kingsglaive, I guess.

I'm happy FF15 is out and done with and hope another FF wont suffer this mish mash of a story ever again.

Ferr986

20-30 hours are the sweet spot for the story, any more than that it ends up being annoying.

Of course, you also need a good post game content for the people that want more.

yunbuns

I really think Final Fantasy needs a reboot. I mean, so we can start at 1 again. Numbers getting to high. :p

And watch XVI be another MMO. lol

lol I hope not. I didn't think any FF could beat XIII as my least favorite but XIV did. Honestly I think they might start doing subtitles instead of numbers eventually. FFXX is going to look weird lol.

FF XIII got 83.

XIII got high scores because of the 'FF name'. It's sequels got scores in the 70s even though they were better games because reviewers didn't just give FF games high scores for the hell of it anymore.

The 20 hours is a shame for me personally but I'll still be giving it a chance. I'm fully expecting it to fit in between VII and IV in my series ranking

SE store still says preparing order :(

Are you the type to just rush to the ending? Other Final Fantasies could easily be rushed as well. There are speedruns for FF7 and FF9 for example.

If you move from one mission to the next and avoid almost all side content yes a.k.a rush through. I'd recommend doing some side stuff though...so much fun to have in this game in the content outside the main story,

Sure, but is sounds like it's optional now, not a requirement. That's a great thing. I've only finished one JRPG ever, despite starting dozens, just don't have the time to dedicate to a game that doesn't respect my time as a player.

Having this stuff optional is the best of both worlds, players who want it can go nuts, players that don't aren't required to.

Tambini

Story 20 hours then minus optional stuff?

30-35 hours is perfect for an rpg, 50-60 hour games are ridiculously bloated most of the time

Audioboxer

I see that as a negative. I need at least 60 hours from a JRPG story.

The argument is usually people will take a shorter but good story over a bloated long crappy mess.

However some in here seem to be ignoring FF15 is getting a fair bit of flak for a poor story, so a short AND poor story? Eh...

Top Bottom