• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Review Thread [Second wave of reviews coming in]

Very reasonable review by Eurogamer tbh. I'm enjoying the game a ton but it honestly doesn't cater towards traditional FF fans too much, if at all. It's a terrific game in itself.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone actually reading the reviews? Points of concerns are raised for me.
I guess you go into this for the gameplay.

witness

I've never played a FF before or am I really a fan or JRPGs, but I'll give this game a shot with these reviews. Preordered.

Soriku

I’ll add: One hidden post-game dungeon, which took me about five hours to complete, ranks among the most satisfying things I’ve ever done in a video game. It’s one that people will be talking about for a long time.

Fuck yeah!

hMQxUM6.gif

Joqu

I've been playing for the past few days and the reviews sound about right! It's no absolute masterpiece, but it is a pretty great game with some unfortunate flaws :)

jackal27

Banned
Damn, this sounds like a complete fuck up right here. (Relating to the story only, not the gameplay.) Jesus christ. All those delays, and the plot is both dull and barely coherent?

Glad I watched Kingsglaive, I guess.

This is the crap that makes me so mad about modern Final Fantasy games. Guys, just make a damn story!

hollomat

Banned
I'm pleasantly surprised at the review scores. I was picking it up no matter what but they're higher than I was expecting.

Ironically though they're right around the metacritic for FFXIII.

dci260

Reviewing better than I had expected (thought it would be a 76-79 meta). My hype is increasing, sad to hear about the story being poorly told though.

Pepin

Xbox Achievements / PSTrophies

"As an RPG, Final Fantasy XV has everything you’d expect: a compelling, emotional story; a tapestry of complimentary mechanics; a significant lifespan; a cast of relatable and well-written characters and a world that’s dense enough to be a character in and of itself. As a Final Fantasy game, it lives up to all the tropes, despite the variations it’s taken from the more ‘classic’ games. Final Fantasy XV is a title that's aimed super high, and although maybe it hasn’t quite hit the targets it set for itself, it certainly doesn’t disappoint, and is a strong enough RPG experience to stand aside The Witcher as one of the best open-world role-playing games of this generation." - 9/10

Possible to finish a JRPG in under 30 hours?

Best news coming out of this. I'll pick it up now. Had no interest in buying another 60 hour+ JRPG bloatfest.

Seems like we got a good game. Not gonna lie, the weak story comments have me bummed but at least Tabata and co. have seemingly put something good together after all this time. So congrats to them.

Top Bottom