• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Signs of downgrades from the Platinum Demo

My 4 am 'no PC announcement' fueled shitpost is a thread. Fuck.

Look, it's honestly understandable why they had to do that in the demo. Everything is cut down because its a single area. Everything outside the citadel is probably built like the Destiny Islands town in KH2 or a Smash Brothers stage: loads of 2D assets and scale fudging. As soon as you break through the floor a message pops up and they take you back, no loading. This area is way more optimized than Duscae's several miles long expanse. High poly versions of anything outside that area are most likely not in this demo.

Not to mention, you're really not supposed to be up that high. These assets weren't built for it back then, much less now. I dunno why they left that function in this demo. If you can in fact step right outside the citadel in the actual game, it will definitely look better.

LOD scaling for performance reasons is also something to be considered regarding content inside the actual arena.

Granted, there is plenty to complain about in regard to many of the other technical aspects and shortcomings of this demo.

Nah, it's fine. You didn't do anything wrong. What I screen shotted required context that should've been in the initial post, but hey - 4:30 am and I was a little mad :)

I'll edit the initial post with context.

Verus

That much is true. This is a actual screenshot that they released officially:

cpesl_nwuaae6jr5kygl.jpg
How the hell did they manage to even do that?... you had one job...

The Lamp

This demo confirmed to me the things I've been wondering since 2006.

It is indeed a beautiful modification of KH combat. It is exactly the breath of fresh air the FF series needs.

The graphics are beautiful (love the way Noctis' hair bounces). It's not like the CGI trailers but let's be real, those trailers were never possible on PS3 or PS4.

The framerate is not as bad as I feared.

This is exactly the game that I wanted.

Ugh. I wish I got a CE.

Also Yoichi Wada leaving SE is the best thing to happen to SE ever.

Top Bottom