• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

This is a gameplay model.

ibmhRixr94zoai.gif

tumblr_mzz5pmLV5C1sgxceqo2_400.gif

Damn. I didn't have a problem with a permanent all male team, but now I'm starting too. Would be nice to have some eye candy in your team.

Damn, it looks so good, looking beyond the smudgy captured video. Thanks for the link LouisaFerre.

And thanks for the cool info post earlier Frumix.

zeromcd73

Some things from the new trailer that haven't been mentioned yet:

- No bosses in the demo, but something that will have a big impact on long time Final Fantasy fans will happen and they will be very happy
- Game is open world
- Demo has dungeons

Mortemis

Banned
Some things from the new trailer that haven't been mentioned yet:

Did they go into depth about wtf they exactly mean by open world? I obviously don't expect gta but I'm wondering just how open this is. FFXII or Xenoblade openess would make sense.

I fully expect them to pull an Aonuma and correct themselves about saying open-world.

Slowdive

Banned
Demo info:

When Final Fantasy Type-0 HD goes on sale next year, it will include a demo voucher code for Final Fantasy XV. Today at the Tokyo Game Show, director Hajime Tabata explained what players can expect.

The demo's title is Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae with "Duscae" referring to an area within the world.

Online in Japan, some have wondered whether or not the demo's title was a pun. The reason is that "Duscae" in Japanese is pronounced as "desuka," which sounds like the Japanese phrase for "Is it?" Thus, to Japanese ears, the demo's title sounds like, "Final Fantasy XV: Is It an Episode?" However, Tabata said the demo's title is not a clever pun. "I'm too old for that kind of thing," Tabata told the TGS crowd during his presentation.

The demo looks to be about an hour if you use the car and don't explore. You can either drive the car yourself or have the another party member drive in an auto-pilot mode as you chill out in the backseat. But, the demo might not be driving (or walking) only. "If things progress well, we'll put in a chocobo. If we don't have time, we won't."

However, if you go on foot and explore the surroundings, you could get between three to four hours of play. According to Tabata, there will be monsters and "maybe a dungeon." There won't be a boss battle, but Tabata said there would be "something more amazing." According to him, "This is something that Final Fantasy fans will really like." Wonder what that will be...

The download code for Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae will be released with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD will be released in March 2015.

http://kotaku.com/first-details-about-the-final-fantasy-xv-demo-1637111401

zeromcd73

Did they go into depth about wtf they exactly mean by open world? I obviously don't expect gta but I'm wondering just how open this is. FFXII or Xenoblade openess would make sense.

I fully expect them to pull an Aonuma and correct themselves about saying open-world.
They just said open world, they didn't really go into any specific details.

jiggle

$60 for 1 hour demo is kinda stiff :/

Demo info:
but Tabata said there would be "something more amazing." According to him, "This is something that Final Fantasy fans will really like." Wonder what that will be...
It's the ethereal kween Lightning ahhhhhhhh

giphy.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's similar to the hi-res tone from last year. They likely lightened it to match with current fashion trends.

(Though blonde seems to be on its way out again)
The game should receive updates which makes the characters match fashion trends.

Kssio_Aug

Its confirmed that this demo will come with Type-0?
I want Type-0, with or without that demo. But that would be nice! I will get the digital though... so I hope that we have access to the demo going digital aswell.

Slowdive

Banned
Its confirmed that this demo will come with Type-0?
I want Type-O, with or without that demo. But that would be nice! I will get the digital though... so I hope that we have access to the demo going digital aswell.

It comes with a download code, during the demo they said they want it to be out for Type-0's release.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
"This is something that Final Fantasy fans will really like." Wonder what that will be...

Towns

watershed

Banned
If this game is as good as it looks the only thing I will have left to complain about are the awful names. Prompto? Gladiolus? Cor?

Mortemis

Banned
If this game is as good as it looks the only thing I will have left to complain about are the awful names. Prompto? Gladiolus? Cor?

Names don't really bother me, the only one that gets me is Ignis, they gave him the last name stupid scientist, I can't even.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know why they gave him Roxas hair. Noctis is plenty spiky, we didn't need another spiky boy band member.

SoulUnison

Banned
Damn. I didn't have a problem with a permanent all male team, but now I'm starting too. Would be nice to have some eye candy in your team.

This is one of the reasons I'm in love with the whole "road trip/brotherhood" theme.
Leave the pandering out of this. The only "eye candy" the game needs is how good looking it is.

duckroll

Posted it in the other thread but

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/19/final-fantasy-xv-demo-will-let-drive-around-explore-dungeons/

Hopefully the Square Enix Presents isn't too far off.

Square Enix Presents isn't an event. It's S-E's irregular ad-hoc Youtube streams. Kinda like Nintendo Directs, but each program is usually for a single game. They're promoting Bravely Second and Final Fantasy Explorers this way too. So it's not a specific event to look forward to, they just mean that in future they'll probably have updates using this platform. There's currently nothing announced on the Square Enix Presents blog: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/sep_japan/

Top Bottom