• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

Care to enlighten?

The wiki has some explanations, found that when I was trying to make sense of Ignis' name, the others were relatively obvious.
Noctis Lucis Caelum is a latin expression which means "Sky of the Night's Light" or "Sky of the Light's Night".

Ignis doesn't mean anything really, Ignis is fire, Stupeo is surprising/stunning and Scientia is knowledge, so you can make up your explanation.

Gladiolus Amicitia is Sword Friend, or possibly something to do with the gladiolus flower meaning in japanese.

Prompto Argentium is Quicksilver.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Uqa2VSH.jpg

"If you kids can't keep your hands to yourself, I'm gonna turn this car around and there will be no FFXV for anybody!"

That's it! Back to Xenoblade!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've noticed a lot of stuff that looks like scripted events in combat from team members, like Prompto shooting an enemy and hi fiving Noctis and Gladiolus taking out that large monster. Is that how it plays?
The combat looks like a Advant Children fight scene

Zoe

I've noticed a lot of stuff that looks like scripted events in combat from team members, like Prompto shooting an enemy and hi fiving Noctis and Gladiolus taking out that large monster. Is that how it plays?
The combat looks like a Advant Children fight scene

They seem to be some kind of assists. They did say something about certain actions happening when you get close to the other characters.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As much as I like the flavor of the triggered actions stuff during battles, it's going to be really annoying when you're high fiving Prompto every time you get close to each other. It'll just interrupt the flow of the combat.

Hopefully there's a way to turn it off, or it's just a rare occurrence.

Freddo

For me FF15 kinda looks like LOTR would look like if Gandalf (dressed as a visual kei artist wannabe of course) summoned a helicopter to take Frodo to the Mount Doom. There's nothing charming about it, just a big WTF!?

Oh well, there's always Xenoblade Chronicles X.

For me FF15 kinda looks like LOTR would look like if Gandalf (dressed as a visual kei artist wannabe of course) summoned a helicopter to take Frodo to the Mount Doom. There's nothing charming about it, just a big WTF!?

Oh well, there's always Xenoblade Chronicles X.
You mean that other game with modern cars, fantasy weapons, flying robots and giant monsters?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
You guys think there might be a co-marketing deal a la Destiny (PS4) or Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) for Final Fantasy XV with PS4?

As much as I like the flavor of the triggered actions stuff during battles, it's going to be really annoying when you're high fiving Prompto every time you get close to each other. It'll just interrupt the flow of the combat.

Hopefully there's a way to turn it off, or it's just a rare occurrence.
I'm guessing if they do have that sort of gesture in the final game, it'll just be a short animation that only occurs after a team assist *defeats* an enemy. Sort of like how your Zandatsu in MGR, where you have a short close-up of Raiden ripping out an enemy's spine and defeating the enemy, It's actually really satisfying if they animate it well. Though Ignis didn't have any sort of victory pose with Noctis when they destroyed the goblin, so they might not even have it in the final game.

You guys think there might be a co-marketing deal a la Destiny (PS4) or Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) for Final Fantasy XV with PS4?

Not just for XV, but Square and Sony need to partner up for Type-0 HD. Some sort of themed console for it. If Destiny could sell PS4, then Type-0 with the XV demo would do quite well.

Lucael

So, any of you is bothered by the fact that they didn't show already a female party member in the early stage? I mean, every FF had a girl in the cast from the beginning of the game, but not in XV.

Probably this is going to have a reason in the story but still is something strange. It's something you can read as a cliché or not-cliché at the same time.

So, any of you is bothered by the fact that they didn't show already a female party member in the early stage? I mean, every FF had a girl in the cast from the beginning of the game, but not in XV.

Probably this is going to have a reason in the story but still is something strange. It's something you can read as a cliché or not-cliché at the same time.

Unless things have changed, Nomura has said that it'd be difficult for there to be a female party member.

vinnygambini

You guys are right, there definitely should be a Final Fantasy XV bundle.

Furthermore, Sony most likely purchased the exclusivity rights for Japan (Didn't they do so for Batman PS4?)

I wonder if there will be a concentrated effort from Sony a la Destiny, like exclusive content, DLC? I mean, Square Enix is all about minimizing their risks as of late, so maybe we will be lucky on that regard.

Not just for XV, but Square and Sony need to partner up for Type-0 HD. Some sort of themed console for it. If Destiny could sell PS4, then Type-0 with the XV demo would do quite well.

March-ish time frame already have that PS4 Metal Slime DQ console.

Type-0 is nice and all, but it doesn't need some special themed console.

Kikujiro

As for the playable female character I'm willing to believe there will be one, it seems they changed a lot from the original game, who knows.

Man, maybe I've become completely delusional but I couldn't be happier that this game isn't coming out until now. We could've got it 5 years ago on PS3, but look at what we're getting instead. Based road trip with the homies!

SgtCobra

You guys are right, there definitely should be a Final Fantasy XV bundle.

Furthermore, Sony most likely purchased the exclusivity rights for Japan.

I wonder if there will be a concentrated effort from Sony a la Destiny, like exclusive content, DLC? I mean, Square Enix is all about minimizing their risks as of late, so maybe we will be lucky on that regard.
I doubt that Sony has to shell out money for exclusivity, the Xbox One is irrevelant in the already irrelevant console scene in Japan.

March-ish time frame already have that PS4 Metal Slime DQ console.

Type-0 is nice and all, but it doesn't need some special themed console.

At this point Sony needs to be doing everything they can to build up the userbase in Japan. And that's a region where they aren't exactly shy about making LE consoles.

vinnygambini

I doubt that Sony has to shell out money for exclusivity, the Xbox One is irrevelant in the already irrelevant console scene in Japan.

My thought process was of Batman's exclusivity for PS4 in Japan. Maybe a similar deal could be conceived? Or maybe I'm simply over-thinking it....

At this point Sony needs to be doing everything they can to build up the userbase in Japan. And that's a region where they aren't exactly shy about making LE consoles.

I agree, but not two LE consoles in the same month, especially when Metal Slime is clearly a high-tier LE console that isn't just a custom plate.

This game's showing at TGS has been a pleasant surprise. It's great to see that the game still exists, and that it's getting the proper next gen treatment.

I've been pretty apathetic about gaming for a while now, but this is the game that still manages to get me legitimately excited. It has been way too long since we've had a good Final Fantasy, and everything they've shown so far looks awesome. I still think some of the anime-esque character designs are stupid, but other than that the modern setting looks really interesting. This might just be the game that gets me to buy a PS4.

Top Bottom