• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes made $115 million in 6 months, 11.7M downloads, now at $500K/day

Lelou

The Fire Emblem I know and love is totally dead I see.

Probably is not into this game, but echoes is just come only few months ago and is a perfect remake for the classic gaiden.
I think that Heroes is a great tactics mobile game, and is a nice things for the brand, more people will dig into the mainline games with this "advertising"

Wow. Played this game a lot for quite a while. Didnt spend a penny on it though. Amazing how much some people will spend on a game mostly due to impatience lol. I am guilty of it myself in other games but its rare for me and I try to not do it anymore.

NewGame

Banned
Probably is not into this game, but echoes is just come only few months ago and is a perfect remake for the classic gaiden.
I think that Heroes is a great tactics mobile game, and is a nice things for the brand, more people will dig into the mainline games with this "advertising"

My top 3 FE games are

- Genealogy of the Holy War
- FE 7
- Path Of Radiance

Lelou

My top 3 FE games are

- FE 7
- Path Of Radiance

I'm sure they will make a radiance remake in the future..
I can understand some angry old time fans of the series, and as much like me i hate the social/dating sim mechanic they put from awakening (and that i'm sure they will put on all the next mainline FE) but if it was not for awakening, our Holy grail fire emblem was a completly lost brand.

Then even if i didn't like awakening/fates and don't love heroes, i'm happy that the brand is soo healthy.

Danielsan

I'm sure they will make a radiance remake in the future..
I can understand some angry old time fans of the series, and as much like me i hate the social/dating sim mechanic they put from awakening (and that i'm sure they will put on all the next mainline FE) but if it was not for awakening, our Holy grail fire emblem was a completly lost brand.

Then even if i didn't like awakening/fates and don't love heroes, i'm happy that the brand is soo healthy.
Let's just hope they will throw the old Fire Emblem fans a bone every once and a while.

Lelou

Let's just hope they will throw the old Fire Emblem fans a bone every once and a while.

I really think that a part of the devs working on the series really don't like the new mechanics too.
And probably echoes is just a proof of that, because it didn't have any new waifu gimmick.

Anyway i have big hopes for Fire emblem

Danielsan

Well, in fact they were dead, before Awakening... awakened the series again.

The newest one in the 3DS seemed to be geared towards that, with strong gameplay and little to no waifus stuff.
I should pick that up some time. Though I think I heard the maps weren't that great due to them being direct remakes of the original?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I really think that a part of the devs working on the series really don't like the new mechanics too.
And probably echoes is just a proof of that, because it didn't have any new waifu gimmick.

Anyway i have big hopes for Fire emblem
Fire emblem has always had waifus, its a series full of cute girls that all think its appropriate to wear skirts into battle, the "waifu mechanic" is just the support conversations with the added benefit of possibly marrying that person, in fact some games like the 1st fire emblem to come to the West have supports where the end game is deciding who ends up with who.

Can we please stop acting like awakening and even to a lesser extent fates are this big huge departure from the series.

For gods sake awakening came about from the team adding everything that came from previous fire emblem games that everyone loved.

Draxal

Nirolak crunched the numbers and awakening is still the most profitable

Um, that wasn't the takeaway at all.

So Awakening moved 1.9 million copies with let's say an average price of $40 to level out Japan and sale prices in the West.

That would be 1,900,000 * $40 = $76 million.

I don't believe there's a higher revenue title in the series, but even if there was, I would be surprised if it was so much higher as to top this. Fire Emblem Fates was listed at 1.5 million in the same Nintendo earnings slide that was shown shortly before Fire Emblem Heroes released.

My top 3 FE games are

- FE 7
- Path Of Radiance

Fire Emblem died after Thracia.

I play it daily, and probably whaled somewhere around the range of 200.00 to date. Granted, that's really just out of my expendable monthly income allowance that I usually have reserved for other games anyways.

Between this, FGO, working full time and running, I barely have time for other console games- just got around to finishing Echoes after a few months, so YAY GACHA!

NeonZ

So Awakening moved 1.9 million copies with let's say an average price of $40 to level out Japan and sale prices in the West.

That would be 1,900,000 * $40 = $76 million.

I don't believe there's a higher revenue title in the series, but even if there was, I would be surprised if it was so much higher as to top this. Fire Emblem Fates was listed at 1.5 million in the same Nintendo earnings slide that was shown shortly before Fire Emblem Heroes released.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427_4e.pdf

Nintendo (March 2016) listed Fates as selling 1.84 millions, and that was before the European launch. Is the 1.5 million number really newer than that one?

zroid

Banned
beu2t.png

Good God Japan

Gotya game trick you out of money so well, my experience with the kingdom hearts one (which I haven't spent a dime on) I was very close to spending 75 dollars as a good investment...... and then I remembered it's a cellphone game.

Sterok

Wouldn't the 1.84 number in that case also include Revelation though? It only lists Conquest and Birthright.

You'll have to ask Nintendo that. Their shipped numbers include some combination of the extra paths while their sold numbers don't. It's confusing, and I don't know why they did that, but that's how the numbers add up best.

Windforce

This is bad news. Nintendo may consider abandoning console gaming if they continue to have this type of success in mobile.

Not how it works, I think.

Myself I was a huge Shining Force fan on Sega consoles, but, LOL Sega.

WIth Fire Emblem Heroes, Nintendo simply got me hooked to this series. I have already bought Alm & Celica amiibo, going to get a Switch the day Fire Emblem Warriors comes out, and also spent money on FE Heroes (and will likely spend more).

The prejudice against mobile needs to stop - this game is giving a lot of exposure to Fire Emblem as a whole. Fire Emblem Heroes is more polished and supported by its devs than many console games - I mean it's being incredible how Intelligent Systems listens to fan feedback.

Top Bottom