• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
The broken AI in async online duels is so hilarious. I'm sure I'd get wrecked by some of these teams if there was a real human controlling them.

XaosWolf

Odd that Google Play Store thinks my S7 edge is incompatible with this game. Any other S7 (edge) owners here?

It feels awkward knowing that a game that you really want to play isn't running any time soon.

Reading all of you playing around in the game kind of makes me envious. Feels like I'm missing out. I probably just need to wait a bit more...

Definitely odd. I'm using an S7 Edge and it worked just fine. (In the UK if that makes any difference)

At least sideloading should be simple and then see if it says Installed on the store page.

I saw a few pictures with characters that are level 40 with a +10. I was under the impression that there was just 40 as the level cap, but I'm not finding anything based on the wikis. Anyone have any specific information about this?

Addi

I saw a few pictures with characters that are level 40 with a +10. I was under the impression that there was just 40 as the level cap, but I'm not finding anything based on the wikis. Anyone have any specific information about this?

They are merged with duplicates. +10 means that player had 11 of the same character at the same star ranking. It's pretty insane.

Zafir

So I just pulled a 5* Robin, I was already using a 4* Robin in my team. What's my best course of action, merging, sending home or leaving him in case feathers ever become disposable income?

What does merging even do besides give some SP?

ggx2ac

Well... I spent my first 20k feathers.

C4OdKWaUkAAwlew.jpg

Wiseblade

If you fuse two duplucate characters of the same rarity, the boosted one gains a bonus level.

Addi

So I just pulled a 5* Robin, I was already using a 4* Robin in my team. What's my best course of action, merging, sending home or leaving him in case feathers ever become disposable income?

What does merging even do besides give some SP?

Only merge if they have same star ranking, then you get some stats boost. I would just keep him for now, maybe make a two robin team that would rule the arena.

If you combine units with the same amount of stars, you get a free level (+1) that doesn't count towards the cap. So a 40+10 has had ten extra levels from ten identical units combined with it.

Dragbolt

That moment when you pick an arena opponent and suddenly see 2 Takumis on their team. What a goddamn broken unit.
I want one.

I'm close to finishing the game on normal for the first time (haven't played that much, in fact I haven't used any stamina potions yet :D), but I'm getting wrecked on 9-3 as many others.

My team so far has been:
5* Hector
5* Hinoka
3* Selena (I know, I simply didn't have any other reds)
3* Corrin F

I just did a new roll and got a 4* Roy and a 4* Nowi... I'm definitely swapping Selena for Roy, but should I replace Corrin for Nowi or should I keep using her until I get her to 5*?

Also, I'm sure this has been asked countless times, but should I keep levelling a < 5* character after it reaches lvl 20, or should I upgrade its rarity right away?

Dragner

I dont know where to spend feathers since I have all more or less covered.

Im using Lyn, Hector, Robin and Leo right now all 5* and have in the bank as a 5* Linde, Catria, Roy, Marth and Maria. I would love to upgrade a Dragon unit, I have Nowi and Fae but idk if I will use them over what I have.

Probably end with a ton of feather unused.

If you combine units with the same amount of stars, you get a free level (+1) that doesn't count towards the cap. So a 40+10 has had ten extra levels from ten identical units combined with it.

Interesting. I have two 4 star Tharjas, if I combine the two, will that persist when I make her 5 stars?

I can't tell if I have the most amazing or most terrible luck. Been re-rolling for 8 days now and I still can't get the one character I want: Elise. Meanwhile, my very first pull of the day...

So, uh, first person to quote me can have him, I guess?

redcrayon

I got the five orbs from the quest to kill 15+ level 35+ armoured units, but only after burning around 15 Sword crowns to keep playing the arena. They don't seem that common to me, a scattering of Hectors and Effies, and are weak under AI control. They only move one square and only threaten one square, so almost always end up dying alone at the end having watched the rest of their AI team get baited and killed. While I'd rank Hector as great as a player unit, I'd much rather face him under AI control than most of the other 5* characters.

Almost at 20k feathers now, not bad after a week and not spending any money. That 10k present was obviously a big chunk of it, but it'll be good to see if arena events happen every couple of months allowing us to stockpile feathers.

Strider

Starting to get my ass kicked in both arena and in chapter 9 of the story :/ I don't have any 5 stars so my lineup is fairly weak.

U already have hector!

It's still up for grabs. It was linked.

My hector account has pulled about 120 stones worth of trash after two good pulls. I lack range badly. Gonna keep my account till I reroll another Hector and see if I have better luck with subsequent pulls.

Wiseblade

How are people getting 4000+ offensive scores in the arena? A 7 advanced win streak with 2 bonus characters only got me 3800 points.

ggx2ac

Very nice - grats.
Teach me your ways...how did you get to 20k feathers so fast while i have less than 11k right now lol.

From spending money trying to get Takumi, man what a waste. Couldn't even get one and I manage to fight two guys in arena that had 11 Takumis each. (Two level 50 Takumis)

If I count my feathers used, I had 10k from the special today, 4600 from arena last week, and another 4000 from doing arena quests. So the rest were units that were sent home.

ggx2ac

How are people getting 4000+ offensive scores in the arena? A 7 advanced win streak with 2 bonus characters only got me 3800 points.

Are all of your characters level 40? Or close enough that you fight teams of level 40 units?

Points distributed are dependent on the level of the enemy you are fighting.

You don't need more than one bonus hero, this was the score I got and Camilla was my only bonus hero.

Same here, and I only got 3500. Should all 4 characters survive in all 7 battles?

To get the max score in each fight, yes.

Gotchaye

Same here, and I only got 3500. Should all 4 characters survive in all 7 battles?

Character survival definitely counts. I get the maximum advertised score when everyone survives. When someone dies that knocks off about 100 points. I don't know if your team's average level counts. When I go in with a team of 4 level 40s, of which either 3 or 4 are boosted, I see max scores of about 650 per advanced battle, suggesting a maximum total score of about 4550.

Vecks

Did you lose any characters in battle? Since most advanced battles have like 600 max, you should be able to get 4000 as long as every battle is perfect.

soultron

Banned
That moment when you pick an arena opponent and suddenly see 2 Takumis on their team. What a goddamn broken unit.
I want one.

Unless they have Close Counter, they seem pretty easy to take down.

I run Jeorge, Takumi, Lyn, and CorrinM on my team. I usually just use my archers to kill the close range units and then double- or triple-team Takumi(s) on the other team. Remember to kite when you can since that can make a big difference -- even if it means losing a unit so the opposing Takumi is then in range of casters or archers for your next turn.

jwhit28

Same for me. The whole squad is lvl 40 and each match was advanced so I'm just at the mercy of the matchmaking system. I ended with 3752.

Gotchaye

Unless they have Close Counter, they seem pretty easy to take down.

I run Jeorge, Takumi, Lyn, and CorrinM on my team. I usually just use my archers to kill the close range units and then double- or triple-team Takumi(s) on the other team. Remember to kite when you can since that can make a big difference -- even if it means losing a unit so the opposing Takumi is then in range of casters or archers for your next turn.

I'm not sure I've seen a Takumi in Arena without Close Counter. He maxes out on SP much earlier than most.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Whaleing and first week of arena.

Anyway, just hit 4302.

Hectors/Effies are free 4 member alive teams for me.
From spending money trying to get Takumi, man what a waste. Couldn't even get one and I manage to fight two guys in arena that had 11 Takumis each. (Two level 50 Takumis)

If I count my feathers used, I had 10k from the special today, 4600 from arena last week, and another 4000 from doing arena quests. So the rest were units that were sent home.

Thanks - seems like in general is just have to invest more in Arena. Didnt even know there were Feathers as Challenge Rewards - will look it up later.

ggx2ac

Same for me. The whole squad is lvl 40 and each match was advanced so I'm just at the mercy of the matchmaking system. I ended with 3752.

But was the range of points you could earn around 648 points?

That was the max I could get points, if you only managed to get 3752, it's because you need all 4 characters to survive each match to increase the score.

soultron

Banned
I'm not sure I've seen a Takumi in Arena without Close Counter. He maxes out on SP much earlier than most.

I can't remember if he can fire his Special using CC, but that could work against him if it's the case. Send a close range unit in to absorb the Special (without dying, if possible) and use your ranged units when any counter attacks from a Takumi won't result in his Special firing. Of course you have to worry about him getting his Special charged for Enemy Phase, using this rhythm.

Wow, Arena scores went nuts overnight. I went from top 3k to out of thr top 10k in like 8 hours.

This is why I'm tempted just to get as many quests done as possible and save any remaining Dueling Sword packs for later.

redcrayon

I think it's in how many survivors you have at the end. Mine is 3730 at the moment.

I'm finding Takumi/dancer combos a bit tough to deal with due to the sheer number of variables. Synergies between characters and the meta are interesting though, on the weekend it was mostly squads of killers, now most teams seem to have a healer or dancer in support.

jwhit28

But was the range of points you could earn around 648 points?

That was the max I could get points, if you only managed to get 3752, it's because you need all 4 characters to survive each match to increase the score.

Oh, yeah I only had 3 perfect matches I think.

Sölf

How well does Adult Tiki fare against Takumi and Hector? Since she can also learn to counter at 1-2 range, is she bulky enough to survive Takumi? Since she has WTA against Hector, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom