• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finished all the story missions on normal and was about to call it quits on the game, decided to do one last pull and got these guys.
My first 5*'s

Some really nice pulls - congrats. btw. Why did you wanna drop the game ? Was getting through normal to difficult with your units ?

Tonton

QKVOeZg.jpg
9QMFqAW.jpg
Just got Anna and Sharena to 4 star with the bonus 10k feathers, anyone else here that could be worth the investment?

redcrayon

I'm coming around to Triangle Attack on Cordelia (and other peg knights). If an enemy has WTA against them, they are often dead anyway so a penalty makes little difference, so actually holding them in reserve and using the bonus if they have WTA to assassinate powerful characters after the initial exchange of blows works quite well.

Pulled adul tiki. Is she worth investing in to make a 5 star? Only other 5* I have is lucina and I have a 4*jeogre. Been leveling up a 3* Cherce and Sully to give you an idea what I am working with. Adult Tiki would be the first magic user.

Wiseblade

Are all of your characters level 40? Or close enough that you fight teams of level 40 units?

Points distributed are dependent on the level of the enemy you are fighting.

You don't need more than one bonus hero, this was the score I got and Camilla was my only bonus hero.

To get the max score in each fight, yes.
I see. I'm using a team around levels 32-35, I guess it's time to hit the tower.
I'm not sure I've seen a Takumi in Arena without Close Counter. He maxes out on SP much earlier than most.
Yeah, My Takumi learned all his skills in his early 30s, while my Lyn probably won't have learned all hers by level 40.

FeD.nL

Are all of your characters level 40? Or close enough that you fight teams of level 40 units?

Points distributed are dependent on the level of the enemy you are fighting.

You don't need more than one bonus hero, this was the score I got and Camilla was my only bonus hero.

To get the max score in each fight, yes.

How are you liking a flier team?

Ketch

Man, everyone is so far ahead of me. My guys are around lvl 22ish and I'm struggling to finish story missions. I take my team to the training tower to try and get sp/lvls and then go back to story mode, but lvling in the tower is slow and the stamina requirements are slowing me down.

My primary team is 5* Lucia, 4* Abel, 4* Cecilia, 4* Florina.

I feel like Florina doesn't do shit, even tho she's supposed to be good. But I feel stuck with her because she's the only hero I have with anti armor attacks. Anyone else had any success with that hero?

Craft

Some really nice pulls - congrats. btw. Why did you wanna drop the game ? Was getting through normal to difficult with your units ?
Thanks, was nice to get after a few pulls of nothing but 4 3*s and a 4*.

I'd finished the story on normal a few days back so I was thinking of just dropping it for a few weeks and come back when there was more content, but this has spured me on to play through again on hard.

It's a fun game, but I'd rather play the real thing.

Man, everyone is so far ahead of me. My guys are around lvl 22ish and I'm struggling to finish story missions. I take my team to the training tower to try and get sp/lvls and then go back to story mode, but lvling in the tower is slow and the stamina requirements are slowing me down.

My primary team is 5* Lucia, 4* Abel, 4* Cecilia, 4* Florina.

I feel like Florina doesn't do shit, even tho she's supposed to be good. But I feel stuck with her because she's the only hero I have with anti armor attacks. Anyone else had any success with that hero?

Have you been leveling anyone using the gems and stones you get? I hit a wall also but once I buffed a few characters it became a lot smoother again.

Mupod

I have a question about merging allies - I have a 4* Camilla that I've leveled from 1-25, if I by chance found a 5* camilla and merged the lower one into her, how much of the SP I've gained would be carried forward? All of it?

If the latter is true, is it worth taking a bunch of level 1 3* or 4* duplicate characters into low-stamina training and grinding them up a bit before I feed them to the stronger versions?

Either way if i don't get lucky with some draws soon I might be boned...still only have one 5* character and I'm almost done with normal story, more than halfway through hard story. I started a 20 orb pull this morning, I badly need a blue (preferably magic) so I'm going for Robin. It pissed me off so much when I saw 0 blue orbs that I just backed out after one, maybe not the best call but goddamn this sucks.

OceanBlue

Ended at 4134 which puts me at around 30k rank. I hope that holds. I feel like my team does pretty decently against common teams. Nino eats Robin alive even at 4*, Lilina mostly one-shots Hector and Takumi, and Catria walls off most sword lords and Tiki pretty well. I'm glad I dodged the double Takumi teams though lol.

I might try replacing Camilla for female Corrin, little Tiki, or Azura. Camilla's definitely good because she's flying and does a lot of damage, but I feel like she dies to too much.

ggx2ac

How are you liking a flier team?

It's a pain in the arse.

Takumi is one annoyance, but another threat is 5* Merric because of Excalibur.

I haven't managed to get many matches where I can finish with all 4 surviving.

I am currently leveling up my 5* Female Corrin so hopefully it will be an improvement fighting Takumi by replacing one of the fliers.

I know I could've upgraded Robin to 5* but I'd rather go for other mages or roll him at 5* than to spend 20k feathers on him.

Ended at 4134 which puts me at around 30k rank.

Your rank shouldn't be that low, it most likely hasn't updated yet so check it again after a while.

Anastasis

Pulled adul tiki. Is she worth investing in to make a 5 star? Only other 5* I have is lucina and I have a 4*jeogre. Been leveling up a 3* Cherce and Sully to give you an idea what I am working with. Adult Tiki would be the first magic user.

I'd like to know this as well.

I have a 3* adult Tiki, Olivia and Robin. I really need a red to balance out my team. Would Olivia be a better investment than an adult TIki?

Camjo-Z

Fuck Takumi, I've yet to lose an Arena battle that wasn't solely because of him. What's even the point of using any other archer?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
That 10k feather thing is a pleasant surprise. Maybe it won't be so impossible to upgrade someone from 4* to 5* now.

I switched my team to Lucina + Camilla + Felicia (ninja) + healer and I'm liking it a lot more. Lucina means pretty much any dragon I encounter is free, and Camilla has the speed and power to oneshot people if I position myself right. Any same type matchups or armored units that I have to deal with can be debuffed by the ninja and/or softened by the healer before sending Lucina or Camilla against them.

On an unrelated note, I think it also kind of sucks that my Camilla seems better than my Hinako in every way.
I'd like to know this as well.

I have a 3* adult Tiki, Olivia and Robin. I really need a red to balance out my team. Would Olivia be a better investment than an adult TIki?

I have a 4* Tiki and I like her, but I feel like she's too easy to counter because characters with Falchion are pretty popular. I could be wrong, but I think her strength lies in her ability to counterattack anything, but mine isn't great at taking hits, and doesn't do the damage to reliably kill things. I've made her work with a healer and ninja as support in story mode, but I dunno how well that translates into arena. IMO she's a solid red, except Lucina and probably Chrom just outclass her for the red role.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Starting to notice more and more players put their weak characters as the lead on arena so people can't really tell what the team is.

Bovine

Neo Member
What is the best option for using the feathers? Best options I can see are:

Using it on Anna and/or Shareena
Using it on my 3 star Robin (probably my best 3 star, other options would be Est or Merric)
Saving up for one of my 4 stars (FCorrin or Tharja)

I have been using FCorrin and Tharja to great success, FCorrin's buffs make Tharja ORKO most non-blue units. I need to get my 5 star Camilla up to par and I'll see how those three work together.

Akuun

Starting to notice more and more players put their weak characters as the lead on arena so people can't really tell what the team is.
Damn, I should do that.

Actually, how do I even become available to defend in arena? I have no fights on record aside from the ones I initiate myself.

What's the best way to level up low-level characters? I realize that I fucked up by not leveling enough mages. Now that I'm in Chapter 9, and I have to fight those armored guys that are nearly invincible to non-magic attacks, I need to raise up a few of my mages.

Draxal

What's the best way to level up low-level characters? I realize that I fucked up by not leveling enough mages. Now that I'm in Chapter 9, and I have to fight those armored guys that are nearly invincible to non-magic attacks, I need to raise up a few of my mages.

Training towers, especially since its 1/2 stamina.

Akuun

I've been creating a team of low-level people (and maybe one higher-level healer) and sending them into training mode on auto-battle.

Not sure if that's the best way to level them up, but it works.

Training towers, especially since its 1/2 stamina.

I've been creating a team of low-level people (and maybe one higher-level healer) and sending them into training mode on auto-battle.

Not sure if that's the best way to level them up, but it works.

Ok, that's what I had been doing. I wasn't sure if there was "One crazy trick that will make Intelligent Systems HATE YOU" or something like that. :p

PsionBolt

Head to the training tower, pick a floor that's ~5 levels above the character you want to train, bring a ninja (for DEF/RES debuff) and Sharena (for ATK rally), proceed to oneshot enemies far above your level and gain EXP like mad.

Unfortunately, EXP gains drop off around level 25 or so, so you stop getting huge amounts even if you kill several levels above. But for catching up newly-drawn units quickly, it's still useful.

Venfayth

Damn, I should do that.

Actually, how do I even become available to defend in arena? I have no fights on record aside from the ones I initiate myself.

Your first team is the one people encounter in the arena. Only successful defenses show up in the Defense list. I don't think you have to do anything in particular to show up. I haven't done any arenas since this season started and I have 4 successful defenses.

Akuun

Your first team is the one people encounter in the arena. Only successful defenses show up in the Defense list. I don't think you have to do anything in particular to show up. I haven't done any arenas since this season started and I have 4 successful defenses.
Okay, thanks. I guess I've just been getting wrecked without knowing it lol.

You haven't seen bullshit until you run into a team with multiple high-level Takumi's brought down by a super low level 3rd or 4th unit.

I'm sorry but my low 30s squad shouldn't be seeing 2 level 40 Takumi's because you have a level 15 throwaway.

mudkyp

Asking for some team and rank up advise. I'm currently running 5* Lucina, Takumi and Camilla. I'm trying to figure out what my 4th should be. I have a 4* Cordelia and F Corrin. I also have a 5* Tharja but I'd like to cover the triangle. I'm leaning towards making F Corrin 5* and booting Cordelia for the buffs but I'm unsure. Any advise would be helpful.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
What are the upgrade requirements from 3-4 stars? I know it's 2000 feathers, but I'm unsure of the badge count and whether it's normal badges or great badges. Thanks!

Asking for some team and rank up advise. I'm currently running 5* Lucina, Takumi and Camilla. I'm trying to figure out what my 4th should be. I have a 4* Cordelia and F Corrin. I also have a 5* Tharja but I'd like to cover the triangle. I'm leaning towards making F Corrin 5* and booting Cordelia for the buffs but I'm unsure. Any advise would be helpful.

Cordelia is beast mode. I've saved arena matches because of Galeforce.

Qurupeke

Some thoughts on the game and my progress.

I beat the Hard Chapters, moving on to Lunatic now. I guess Ch. 9 will be quite a challenge. My main issue though is my phone's battery life and the stamina. I'm dealing with the first one soon, as I'm getting a new phone, but the other one seems to grow even more troublesome as I'm advancing. Even with Training Tower demanding half the stamina... Tbh, I haven't used a lot of stamina potions, even though I have 10+ of them, but on the long term, I feel that the whole thing will be tiring.

My main team is Lilina (5* Red Mage), Hana (4* Red Sword w/ Armorbreaker), Elisa (5* mounted Healer) and Catria (4* Blue Pegasus Lance). Seen people complain a lot about armored units, but thankfully this is the least of my problems with this team. On the other hand, I lack a good counter for ranged units. Takumi slays me and blue mages certainly give me a bit of trouble if I don't deal with them quickly.

Also, I've been hoarding orbs, I have 40+ now, but I'm not sure when should I spend them. I don't have any of the really good units, but I feel like it's better to wait, in case there's a chance to get them easier in the near future.

Draxal

I'd go Corrin because Camilla and Cordelia overlap too much and not in a good way.

Stat differences between ranks are more minor that I would've thought.
I have only used Anna though, I'm guessing other characters will come in a lot higher...

Anna (at Level 28)

HP: 28 / 30 / 33
Atk: 29 / 30 / 32
Spd: 26 / 27 / 29
Def: 11 / 14 / 16
Res: 17 / 17 / 18

2* > 3* = +7 stat points
3* > 4* = +10 stat points

Akuun

I've noticed some fliers have boosting skills that only help other fliers. Would that make three- or four-flier teams useful?

How are you guys building your teams? Is a healer a must-have? I've played without a healer before, and it always feels dicey because then you're just trying to kill them before you die yourself.

Zafir

Some thoughts on the game and my progress.

I beat the Hard Chapters, moving on to Lunatic now. I guess Ch. 9 will be quite a challenge. My main issue though is my phone's battery life and the stamina. I'm dealing with the first one soon, as I'm getting a new phone, but the other one seems to grow even more troublesome as I'm advancing. Even with Training Tower demanding half the stamina... Tbh, I haven't used a lot of stamina potions, even though I have 10+ of them, but on the long term, I feel that the whole thing will be tiring.

My main team is Lilina (5* Red Mage), Hana (4* Red Sword w/ Armorbreaker), Elisa (5* mounted Healer) and Catria (4* Blue Pegasus Lance). Seen people complain a lot about armored units, but thankfully this is the least of my problems with this team. On the other hand, I lack a good counter for ranged units. Takumi slays me and blue mages certainly give me a bit of trouble if I don't deal with them quickly.

Also, I've been hoarding orbs, I have 40+ now, but I'm not sure when should I spend them. I don't have any of the really good units, but I feel like it's better to wait, in case there's a chance to get them easier in the near future.

Yeah I just finished hard mode today and Stamina starts to become a bit of an issue.

Fortunately the start of lunatic dropped the Stamina requirements down again (and levels for that matter) but it goes up to 23 stamina by the end, lol. Gunna be a real problem in the future if you can only do one mission(and another one a bit after) every 4hours or whatever.

I get that they don't want people rushing through content but the requirements seem a bit extreme by the end.

Dragner

Healers arent great. They dont heal enough and are really weak to stand a chance in combat. Probably the best healer is Linde just because she isnt a healer and can do damage while splashing a bit of heal. They have to release a really strong healer that could full a unit from critical damage then naybe they could ve usable.

OceanBlue

Stat differences between ranks are more minor that I would've thought.
I have only used Anna though, I'm guessing other characters will come in a lot higher...

Anna (at Level 28)

HP: 28 / 30 / 33
Atk: 29 / 30 / 32
Spd: 26 / 27 / 29
Def: 11 / 14 / 16
Res: 17 / 17 / 18

2* > 3* = +7 stat points
3* > 4* = +10 stat points
IMO the boost in attack you get from upgraded weapons is pretty important. That's a +4 for a few of my characters. Not sure if Anna upgrades hers at 5* though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom