• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Linde too strong.

ERoPM73l.jpg

She's only 37 there.

I feel like arena tiers are too small for so many players - 43xx score i posted earlier was with 2 dead guys in 7 runs - to improve it I need 7 perfect runs on advanced.

Can i make an Olivia 2* +10 and then evolve her to 3*+10 and so on?

nope it will reset to +0 and you will get discount in feathers needed to advance.

And if You planned to farm map 10 times it doesn't work you only get character once per map so 1x* and 1x**

I've already tried it :D

Dee Dee

I don't have Nino, do any other units have his pull ability? I am getting pretty desperate about this map, and not sure what to do.

My only red sword wielders are Alphonse and Eliwood (4*), and I have no idea with whom to tank the first wave. Help.
I have Gunther, Frederick, 4* Subaki as my tankiest units. Which class might help to survive this first shitty amburst.
My Takumi can't do it.

Would it help to just level everyone to 40? I can get lots of leveling crystals from MyNintendo with points I think?

So I'm a bit confused by the star system. Are the bronze-colored stars higher than silver stars? Would a 3-star bronze unit be better than a 4-star silver of the same unit?

Linde too strong.

ERoPM73l.jpg

She's only 37 there.
Yeah, Linde's insane. Hits like a truck and is almost guaranteed to double. If it doesn't resist her, it's usually dead in one turn, and since low RES is more common than low DEF, she seems to hit harder more often than freaking Hector. I thought Nino was awesome, but Linde's on another level entirely.

Tubobutts

Yep I don't think I can beat the last three levels on lunatic without better tier characters. All my characters die in one hit no matter the matchup and I can't do more than half a life bar worth of damage even with a color advantage.

Moonlight

Banned
Off-topic but that optical illusion will never not be bullshit to me.

I'm sure someone's tried leveling the 3 starters all the way to 5* by now, are they any good?
Sharena and Anna are both pretty good. Alfonse isn't outright awful but he's barely remarkable as a red sword user and has dismal speed.

vladisaac

Woah, this was game changer on the Hard difficulty for me!
I managed to complete it with the following team:
- Nino 4* level 34 (increased her rarity since she was my only green unit)
- Olivia 4* level 29
- Tharja 4* level 30 (she can be replaced by any unit, she didn't land any hit in the battle)
- Lyn 5* level 40 (without Galeforce)

The battle went like this for my case:
- 1st turn: placing units so that Nino could attack the swordman, with Olivia behind her
- 2nd turn: Nino attacks the sword unit, Olivia dances and Nino pulls back Olivia.
- The ennemies will start to move.
- 3rd turn: Get Lyn in Narcian's range, she got him in one combat. Get everyone else out of the red sword unit range.
- Narcian will commit suicide against Lyn. The blue mage used Ardent Sacrifice on the red sword unit (which proved to be important so that he would drop below 50% hp and won't be able to defeat Lyn with his guaranteed *2 attack).
- 4th turn: My Nino managed to finish the red unit. She was placed so that she was in the range of the green mage. The other units was kept out of the ennemies attack range, with Lyn on the edge of the range and Olivia behind her.
- In the "tunnel" on the left side of the map, the ennemies were placed from top to bottom like this: archer > blue mage > green mage. Only the green mage attacked my Nino who could (hopefully) survive one attack. The blue mage should use Ardent Sacrifice again on the green mage and should have below 50% hp.
- 5th turn: Lyn finishes the green mage (with the help of Olivia to move her) and should be one square away from the blue mage. Pull Nino back.
- The ennemy archer would move in front of Lyn and the blue mage will attack Lyn, without triggering his skill.
- 6th turn: Lyn finishes the archer, Olivia uses dance on Lyn, and Lyn finally defeats the blue mage.

BigPete

My current characters:

5*
Marth
Lucina
Maria

4*
Marth
Lon'qu
Selena
Stahl
Sully
Catria
Est
Cecila
Gordin
Saizo

I also have a 3* Arthur who I've heard is pretty good when promoted up to 5*

I'm kind of running out of campaign to farm orbs, so where would my efforts be best placed? I'm leaning towards spending my feathers on either Cecila or Catria/Est as they seem to be pretty useful.

Does anyone else have any recommendations? I am able to win any Int. Arena Duels that don't involve Takumi at this point.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Gotchaye

I can see why Effie's moved up the tier list, but I'm surprised at how often she shows up on defense teams. On any map with impassable terrain any ranged character that can do even 1 damage to her can kite her and eventually kill her. Unless both of their mods work out just right, Takumi can 1v1 her by shooting, letting her attack him, and then counter-attacking with Vengeance. Obviously Hector trashes her. Which teams does she actually do good work against on defense?

Actually, I'd probably cut Takumi from my own team if I had a decent non-red mage. He's fantastic when he's your only good hero, but that's because he's a generalist. Anymore I just use him to duel the enemy Takumi or sometimes to soften up a melee unit. The anti-flyer coverage isn't very necessary as long as you have greens and reds.

RedFox85

I pulled a 5* Nowi today so my current roster is 5* Lyn 5* Camilla 5* Nowi and a 4* Lissa I'm not too sure if I should keep the healer or drop it.. opinions?

Dragner

Decided to burn some swords and improved my Arena rating to 4520. Hope it will be enough for top 1000. My team is working perfectly and having no problem against anything, hero that gives me most problem is Catria(Cordellia could be worst but I dont see her), all current meta heroes are super soft to my team otherwise.

Rolling with Marth, Robin, Linde and Hector.

The fact that most tier lists have Linde as a mere A is proof that they are a joke. Linde is the best mage in the game hands down, and isnt even close.

kswiston

Who's better to keep on my team: Alfonse or Anna?

Also, should I be upgrading the castle?

Anna is better in the long run. Both are bad at 2 stars.

And yes, you should upgrade your castle. At the very least, throw in 3 orbs to get to the 40% bonus until you have some decent characters.

kswiston

to be honest if something deserves throwing some bucks in this game it should be improving the castle. Its worth it.

If you're F2P, I can see how 26 orbs to get the fully upgraded castle can seem steep, but it does make levelling tolerable past level 30.

Those early levels come so fast at even regular exp, that the benefit can be unclear at first. I had 60% and figured that was fine. Until I got into the high 20s.

Firemind

I can see why Effie's moved up the tier list, but I'm surprised at how often she shows up on defense teams. On any map with impassable terrain any ranged character that can do even 1 damage to her can kite her and eventually kill her. Unless both of their mods work out just right, Takumi can 1v1 her by shooting, letting her attack him, and then counter-attacking with Vengeance. Obviously Hector trashes her. Which teams does she actually do good work against on defense?
You're assuming she's the only one left on the field. The fact is she can pack a punch, having an effective 61 attack on offense at lvl. 40 and, unlike Hector, she can't easily get doubled, so you'll often get value out of her on open terrain. She's also effective against lords and isn't automatic dragon fodder.

A lot of people probably don't have multiple lvl. 40 characters to form a dedicated defense team of four either.

You're assuming she's the only one left on the field. The fact is she can pack a punch, having an effective 61 attack on offense at lvl. 40 and, unlike Hector, she can't easily get doubled, so you'll often get value out of her on open terrain. She's also effective against lords and isn't automatic dragon fodder.

A lot of people probably don't have multiple lvl. 40 characters to form a dedicated defense team of four either.

On defense armors always are the last one to take out.

Anna is better in the long run. Both are bad at 2 stars.

And yes, you should upgrade your castle. At the very least, throw in 3 orbs to get to the 40% bonus until you have some decent characters.

If you're F2P, I can see how 26 orbs to get the fully upgraded castle can seem steep, but it does make levelling tolerable past level 30.

Those early levels come so fast at even regular exp, that the benefit can be unclear at first. I had 60% and figured that was fine. Until I got into the high 20s.

Awesome, thanks. I got to the 60% bonus but wasn't sure how much/if it was recommended to go all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom