• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

if you dont have a Lord he is probably the best after Lucina.

I would say that Marth is worse than Chrom. He has higher speed and resistance, but that is about it, unless you really want a speed boost to other characters.

Sol/Aether vs no active skill at all makes a big difference.

Dragner

I would say that Marth is worse than Chrom. He has higher speed and resistance, but that is about it, unless you really want a speed boost to other characters.

Chrom has a poor resistance that really hurts him. In a world of Robins, no way Chrom is better. In a Vacuum I agree he is. Not in this meta.

Also the scape skill of marth is super underrated, and helps a lot while trying to finish untouched in arena, scepcially in the infamous 2v2 map.

mstevens

Okay thanks, I think I'll do this since I'm still pretty early in.

Couple more questions if I may. What's the best way to do this reroll and then level up the castle? Do people only try their first hero pull to get a 5* and if not, reroll again? And then spend the rest to level up the castle to 100% because I think this will just about blow through the majority of them.

Go through the tutorial and grab the 2 free ones for 17 orbs and pull 4. If you don't like the pull, repeat. Much, much faster than pulling 5.

PK Gaming

Chrom is way, way worse. His default max Speed is 25, which kills the extra durability he has over Lucina and Marth since he's doubled by literally everyone. Proc skills aren't that great either, (and he doesn't have an amazing one like Luna), and his Res is pretty trash.

Chrom has little to no reason to be used over Lucina and Marth.

Fireblend

Banned
So guys, I guess I'm gonna have to level some other unit to beat 9-2 on Lunatic?

No one in my team can scratch the armored units. I have Robin, Roy, Camilla and Peri, all five stars, all level 40, and while they get one shot'd by those units each one needs like 3 hits to take down.

It's like they don't even care about weapon advantage.

Qurupeke

So guys, I guess I'm gonna have to level some other unit to beat 9-2 on Lunatic?

No one in my team can scratch the armored units. I have Robin, Roy, Camilla and Peri, all five stars, all level 40, and while they get one shot'd by those units each one needs like 3 hits to take down.

It's like they don't even care about weapon advantage.

No dragons or armorslayer?

kswiston

Chrom is way, way worse. His default max Speed is 25, which kills the extra durability he has over Lucina and Marth since he's doubled by literally everyone. Proc skills aren't that great either, (and he doesn't have an amazing one like Luna), and his Res is pretty trash.

Chrom has little to no reason to be used over Lucina and Marth.

Maybe it's because I got a +speed Chrom (29 speed), but I have way more luck with him than I do with Marth. You have to keep him away from M Robins (and Tharja), but other than that and units that have a triangle advantage skill over blue, most units can't kill him in a turn. Sol plus the heal skill on Falchion let him recover quickly.

I also have Kagero and Takumi on my team. I need Chrom to take hits or block paths at times. Marth doesn't fill that role nearly as well.

lt519

Went through an advanced guantelt, I need to change out Sophia with something, any ideas? Basically she was the only one to die. Been trying to roll a Takumi but no dice.

Hysterical watching my 31 DEF 4* level 37 Subaki with sapphire lance tank and kill all the red sword 5* heroes. I think I'm going to 5* him.
sp6kdPa.jpgl
T33QIQH.jpgl

kswiston

Went through an advanced guantelt, I need to change out Sophia with something, any ideas? Basically she was the only one to die. Been trying to roll a Takumi but no dice.

Hysterical watching my 31 DEF 4* level Subaki with sapphire lance tank and kill all the red sword heroes. I think I'm going to 5* him.

Post your roster.

lt519

Post your roster.

I've got quite a few green options, but they seem weak for PvP (although I am working on leveling Barte for PvE). I don't want to use Tiki and go overload on red. So many green pulls trying to get a Camilla too ): I do have a Nino with Elwind that might be a nice replacement for Sophia, give me some protection against Blues. Right now I get owned and I'm not careful if I see a Nowi.

kswiston

I've got quite a few green options, but they seem weak for PvP (although I am working on leveling Barte for PvE). I don't want to use Tiki and go overload on red. So many green pulls trying to get a Camilla too ): I do have a Nino with Elwind that might be a nice replacement for Sophia, give me some protection against Blues. Right now I get owned and I'm not careful if I see a Nowi.

I agree that you are missing a no brainer option, besides your main three characters. You could try leveling Saizo and Raven, and then see which of those two you like better with your team. Saizo isn't as good as Kagero, but he has some decent debuffs, and a +10 bonus damage after attacks that you initiate. Raven is a Brave Axe user, has access self-healing, and debuffs enemy defence. If you are having trouble with blue units, he could probably kill most at higher levels. He won't be much use against red units in arena though.

EDIT: 3-star units are going to have huge stat deficits and skill-disadvantages at high levels, which would stop them from being competitive. 4-star units are already at a disadvantage, but at least their skills make up for it in some cases.

Firemind

Galeforce is so bad here and yet tons of people still claim it's "THE" skill to have. :x
Why use Night Sky when Lucina has Luna which requires one less attack to activate AND deals more damage? Not to mention the Falcion being super effective against dragons. That's like using Emboar in Uber when Blaziken exists.

Moonlight

Banned
Why use Night Sky when Lucina has Luna which requires one less attack to activate AND deals more damage? Not to mention the Falcion being super effective against dragons. That's like using Emboar in Uber when Blaziken exists.
I mean, unless you don't have Lucina.

And even then, sometimes it's not about who's better, it's about proving a point.

zelhawks37

Finally beat the Narcian map on normal. Tanked the first wave with Robin and had Lucina kill Narcian. The mages and archer were the trickiest part, but had the rest of my units tank a hit or two and eventually prevailed. Hoping for Jaffar from FE7 eventually.

Moonlight

Banned
That Lyn sucks without Galeforce?
That Lyn is cool, mostly.

Lyn has below average bulk and no brave weapon, she can't reliably activate Galeforce and sometimes you can't even two for one when it does proc. Being able to hit Hector and get out every once in a while isn't worth the 70% of the time Galeforce is a totally dead skill. Night Sky makes the best of a bad situation skill-wise and gives her faster damage that could mean the difference between an ORKO or a 2HKO that opens you up to getting destroyed on enemy phase.

Firemind

Lyn has below average bulk and no brave weapon, she can't reliably activate Galeforce and sometimes you can't even two for one when it does proc. Being able to hit Hector and get out every once in a while isn't worth the 70% of the time Galeforce is a totally dead skill. Night Sky makes the best of a bad situation skill-wise and gives her faster damage that could mean the difference between an ORKO or a 2HKO that opens you up to getting destroyed on enemy phase.
Night Sky takes FOUR attacks to activate. You'd need to double attack twice to be able to activate it. Her special is useless either way when you decide to suicide attack. However, when you decide to turtle up and shuffle your units through a bottleneck, Galeforce has the opportunity of overwhelming the often dumb as bricks AI opponent. The Sol Katti is not to be underestimated.

Ponn

Banned

Holy shit. My Nino is level 24 and Olivia is 20 so this might work for me. I'll throw my Camilla and Takumi in and try this out later.

I've been leveling my 4* Camilla but now i'm not sure what to do with her. Feeding her to my 5* Camilla seems like it would be a waste.

Sushen

How do we earn orbs once we completed the story missions? There are initial freebees but I don't see anything else.

Dragner

How do we earn orbs once we completed the story missions? There are initial freebees but I don't see anything else.

They will do story updates every 2 weeks. Theres also events planned for future updates and an unreleased game mode. We should get at least 2 chapters each month that is 30 orbs and some from logging and quest. It shoud round about 70-80 orbs a month at least once we have all rolling.

mstevens

Update: Worked like a charm - Didn't even really need to level Nino or Olivia. Takumi and Young Tiki were my two others. Once I pulled, I kept everyone toward the bottom of the map and out of the danger zone. Narcian got killed first by Tiki when he flew down while Takumi waited for the swordsman. Then I waited until the mages/archers were all lined up, killed the blue mage with Takumi, killed another with Tiki, and then used Olivia to dance Takumi so he'd kill the last one.

lt519

I agree that you are missing a no brainer option, besides your main three characters. You could try leveling Saizo and Raven, and then see which of those two you like better with your team. Saizo isn't as good as Kagero, but he has some decent debuffs, and a +10 bonus damage after attacks that you initiate. Raven is a Brave Axe user, has access self-healing, and debuffs enemy defence. If you are having trouble with blue units, he could probably kill most at higher levels. He won't be much use against red units in arena though.

EDIT: 3-star units are going to have huge stat deficits and skill-disadvantages at high levels, which would stop them from being competitive. 4-star units are already at a disadvantage, but at least their skills make up for it in some cases.

I thought about Saizo as a ranged option but I seem to tear through 4* assassins and bow users pretty easily in the arena. So Raven is much better than Bartre and Barst as an axe user?

Out of my 4*s which would you focus on getting to 5*? Going to have enough feathers sooner than later. I'd like to keep Subaki, I think he is really useful right now, but starting over at level 1 with him would leave a huge hole in my team. Maybe just pull a few more times to see what I get? I have 17 orbs.

Well after starting with a 5* Lucina and a 4* Jeorge I just cannot get any other 5* characters and am worrying I am going to run out of room to gain orbs soon. Already started farming half of hard.

So I have a handful of 4* characters and a 3*adult Tiki I would like opinions on how to fill out my team. Right now my team is.

5* Lucina
4* Jeorge
4* Abel
4* Azama

I like the Azama-Abel combo as a good buff debuff combo but feel that perhaps something better lurks in my characters. So I have the following characters that could swap out any of the above.

4* Cecilia
4* Odin
4* Barst
4* Matthew
3* adult Tiki

Tiki and Cecilia seem to be the top contenders from what I have read, just not sure what is the optimal team.

Dragner

The lunatic quest is just stupid. How am I supposed to beat 6-5 lunatic with 4 infantry AND all of them survive?

A lvl 40 infantry party should make it without problems. Just level some guys. Have time to do it until the end of the month.

lt519

I heard Nowi is in the OP tier.

Ran into her twice today in arena and had a hard time, I had to get Robin's and Sophia's specials ready to hit her hard. Have to take everyone else out first and bait her along, can't get into a melee with her and other enemies nearby or you are toast.

I seem to be stuck in an endless loop. It's turn 30 and the last two blue units can't do damage to each other

What do I do?

One of the bottom buttons has a Surrender option, unfortunately.

Dragner

Nowi is fine. She is countered by lords. At least she is blue so she isnt one shotted. But she will lose the battle overall. Other than that and hector she is pretty good. Eats takumis easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom