• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I told you guys that brave lance Effie would be super dumb. Of course at the time I didn't realize they'd also be making it so that weapon won't screw your point totals as well.

Just got Azzura, thought it was Ninian after the special intro started. Kind of gutted but she'll be useful when I level her up

if you're going after Ninian solely because waifu I'd understand. But how can you be disappointed in getting a character that is the same color, same role, better, incredibly rare, and overall one of the best units in the game?

Don't mind me though, I will sit here on top of my massive pile of goober 3-4* characters and continue to cook up something really horrifying for arena. I'm thinking I might just go ahead and 5* Olivia once I figure out what skills I want on her. Fury for sure to make the rare times she has to fight count. Knock Back needs to be replaced, Wings of Mercy sounds like it'd be a lot of fun on a dancer. She should be ok for SP because I'd have to level her again...with crystals, because fuck leveling Olivia.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I told you guys that brave lance Effie would be super dumb. Of course at the time I didn't realize they'd also be making it so that weapon won't screw your point totals as well.

if you're going after Ninian solely because waifu I'd understand. But how can you be disappointed in getting a character that is the same color, same role, better, incredibly rare, and overall one of the best units in the game?

Don't mind me though, I will sit here on top of my massive pile of goober 3-4* characters and continue to cook up something really horrifying for arena. I'm thinking I might just go ahead and 5* Olivia once I figure out what skills I want on her. Fury for sure to make the rare times she has to fight count. Knock Back needs to be replaced, Wings of Mercy sounds like it'd be a lot of fun on a dancer. She should be ok for SP because I'd have to level her again...with crystals, because fuck leveling Olivia.

With inheritance, I don't think we can say that Ninian is worse. And if you have another dragon on your team, her usefulness goes way up.

_Legacy_

if you're going after Ninian solely because waifu I'd understand. But how can you be disappointed in getting a character that is the same color, same role, better, incredibly rare, and overall one of the best units in the game

All about the waifu bro! :D

I'm still at a loss to do with my team. I have 22k feathers. I have about 70 different units. Too many choices!

My head is spinning. I am paralyzed by choice. Probably going to promote Effie and give her bonfire and brave lance as my first move.

I have no idea what special to give Roy, probably going to be Luna I suppose.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I have three 4* Effies but none of them have ideal IVs. They go something like this:
-res +spd
-HP +spd
+atk -def

I'm focusing on the +atk -def one, but bah. I guess at least I can give Wary Fighter to some people, though I haven't decided who would benefit from that yet.

Bovine

Neo Member
Reading up I'm very tempted to sacrifice my 5* -Atk/+Speed Abel to my Effie for Brave Lance+, only issue is she is still a 4* and +Res/-Speed, which I don't know if its any good. I still have so many mediocre units sitting around as I never sold anything, so I'm just waiting until we find out who the truly busted units are and who are pretenders.

does ardent sacrifice +live to serve 3 work? seems like a nice combo to give a non healer a healing ability.

Nice idea, but no. :p I figure there are much better B-slot passives for a combatant anyways.

Reading up I'm very tempted to sacrifice my 5* -Atk/+Speed Abel to my Effie for Brave Lance+, only issue is she is still a 4* and +Res/-Speed, which I don't know if its any good. I still have so many mediocre units sitting around as I never sold anything, so I'm just waiting until we find out who the truly busted units are and who are pretenders.

-Spd is Effie's preferred bane so congrats on that front. +Res, while not the best boon, can't really hurt her. At the very least, it'll stop a neutral Linde from disabling Wary Fighter.

In the end, it's still Effie and so long as she doesn't have -Atk, she'll demolish things while being very hard to kill or even send to half health outside of specific matchups.

I'm thinking about sacrificing Hinata and putting Fury 3 on Camilla, and also give her a Silver Axe from Gunter. That'd bring her stats up to 41 ATK/38 SPD/31 DEF/34 RES, which gives her ×2 hit most of the time without the speed drawback of Brave Axe+. Only thing that bothers me (besides the SP grind), is the -6 HP drawback from Fury 3, but I could just grind some more and put Renewal 2 on her.

Think that's a good idea? That SP grind though...

I'm thinking about sacrificing Hinata and putting Fury 3 on Camilla, and also give her a Silver Axe from Gunter. That'd bring her stats up to 41 ATK/38 SPD/31 DEF/34 RES, which gives her ×2 hit most of the time without the speed drawback of Brave Axe+. Only thing that bothers me (besides the SP grind), is the -6 HP drawback from Fury 3, but I could just grind some more and put Renewal 2 on her.

Think that's a good idea? That SP grind though...

id wait until the next grand hero battle to see if Michalis is a better replacement for Camilla. Sounds good on paper, but popular blues are pretty tanky and Hector and Minerva also have high defense and her Atk is still low even after all that work.

......also archers

Raysoul

Klein is so OP, he doesn't need these inheritance shit to be good. If I slap some threaten defense, a good position means death for the opposing team. Specially with a Dancer.

ggx2ac

I'm still catching up on the thread.

I don't see what's​ so confusing about the new rules to be implemented for arena, or that apparently nothing changes.

Currently, what happens is that if you have a team with four 5* level 40 Hectors. You will get matched up against a team with 5* level 50 heroes just because of your team rating average. It's not balanced and you would get slaughtered.

This fixes things up and matches you with other level 40 teams which would lower the score you earn but not have trouble trying to win matches.

muu

She could be dangerous if you tanked a hit from a mage or something first

Fury3 Vantage Kagero w/ a dancer. Activate Vantage by using your turn to kill the tankier melees with two hits. Stay within range of the mages which will get swatted down thru vantage.

J-Tier

I really want a 5* Effie. I'm playing with the idea of giving her Brave Lance+, Pivot, Bonfire, and Death Blow.

Not sure if it's feasible, but would be broken af.

Totakeke

I'm still catching up on the thread.

I don't see what's​ so confusing about the new rules to be implemented for arena, or that apparently nothing changes.

Currently, what happens is that if you have a team with four 5* level 40 Hectors. You will get matched up against a team with 5* level 50 heroes just because of your team rating average. It's not balanced and you would get slaughtered.

This fixes things up and matches you with other level 40 teams which would lower the score you earn but not have trouble trying to win matches.

Because that's what you want and not what it says. What it says isn't a lot.

PK Gaming

A dark take on inheritance...

C7B2nXOVwAIfsee.jpg

Source

Kitoro

If Lucina has Defiant Speed and Brash Assault, and gets the Speed advantage for a follow-up, but she also has less than 50% HP, would Brash Assault activate and yield yet another follow-up attack?

kswiston

Because that's what you want and not what it says. What it says isn't a lot.

I think that you are over-complicating things. The annoucement says that everything was previously based on total base stats, and outlines how that will change. There is no weighting of those 4 separate stats that would result in the old results across all character builds.

ggx2ac

I'm not worried about Effie getting Brave Lance, it actually makes her easier to beat.

Brave weapons can't double attack on counter, so I can just hit her with a ranged attack and, if it doesn't OHKO her, she'll be weakened enough that any character can double attack her since she'll have weaker attack and speed than usual because of Brave Lance.

Totakeke

I think that you are over-complicating things. The annoucement says that everything was previously based on total base stats, and outlines how that will change. There is no weighting of those 4 separate stats that would result in the old results across all character builds.

If not making assumptions are complicating things, then I'm fine where I am. :)

They could have said many other things that would signal a much different system than the current system. Such as not mentioning weighting by skills, which would make brave users operate on a more equal score footing, or not mentioning weighting by stat totals, which would prevent armors to be the best scoring units. But they did mention everything that is a component of a current system therefore it's reasonable to assume that the new system would still be similar to the current system.

lt519

Worth putting Vantage 3 on either Nino or Robim(m)? I'm at a loss here for what really makes sense. Or should I put that on Roy or Eirika? I also have Darting Blow I can put on someone.

I'm also working on Jaffar and thinking of giving him Saizo's Poison Strike and he'll do 17 damage after combat when initiating along with debuffing. His stats are better than Kagero, not having the Infantry bonus sucks but I could also 5* Kagero and give him that (or vice versa 5* Kagero and give her Life and Death).

Other than that I'm tossing between Roy and Eirika for my main Red sword user. Who is better in the long run? If I go with Eirika I could give Triangle Adept to my Robin(m).

Also thinking of giving my Nino Moonbow or Iceberg. Thoughts? Need some help here.

My 5*s are Hinoka, Roy, Eirika, Nino, Lichese, Jaffar. If I don't get some advice I'll just be paralyzed into doing nothing haha.

Articalys

Starting to feel like an idiot for not dumping more into the previous two banners, since from all accounts this one is mostly garbage. Feels like I'm going to be stuck with only one 5* and low variety for an eternity.

J-Tier

I gave Vantage 3 to my Nowi.

For my Julia, I'm thinking Grommraven+, Lance Breaker, and Triangle Adept. That way, she should be able to OHKO all blues and greys.

I'm not worried about Effie getting Brave Lance, it actually makes her easier to beat.

Brave weapons can't double attack on counter, so I can just hit her with a ranged attack and, if it doesn't OHKO her, she'll be weakened enough that any character can double attack her since she'll have weaker attack and speed than usual because of Brave Lance.

I'm not worried about most of this, because as I said before this heavily benefits Offensive strategies. At least early on. You're fighting AI that can be baited to attack, you should be winning more often than not regardless of skill inheritance.

Quixzlizx

How does Fury 3, Vantage 3, Reposition sound for my +Atk Ephraim? His low speed won't matter if he kills everything in one hit!

Edit: If I give him a dragon weapon, does his attack become res-based?

How does Fury 3, Vantage 3, Reposition sound for my +Atk Ephraim? His low speed won't matter if he kills everything in one hit!

I would save Vantage for a possible character with counter from any distance.

I am thinking about Renewal 3 on Eldigan who's comes with Fury 3 instead of Vantage. With how lethal things are going to be I'd rather my guy be at full health than being in lethal range just for the off chance a melee attacks me and my one preemptive attack is enough to actually one shot something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom