• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

I would save Vantage for a possible character with counter from any distance.

I am thinking about Renewal 3 on Eldigan who's comes with Fury 3 instead of Vantage. With how lethal things are going to be I'd rather my guy be at full health than being in lethal range just for the off chance a melee attacks me and my one preemptive attack is enough to actually one shot something.

I have 7 Lon'qus (3 4*). VANTAGE FOR EVERYBODY.

lt519

I put Poison Strike on Jaffar. Guaranteed 17 damage against any enemy plus all the debuffs is great against Heavy Armor. I have him attack then Nino pull him back. I may even put Pull Back on Jaffar and just make him a backline unit to pick at folks.

He's great at tanking Takumi too cause he can withstand a shot easily and apply a debuff before sending another unit in to finish off Takumi.

Edit: Damn, I like him a lot, he's got enough SPD and DEF he can withstand any ranged attack. His debuff on Lucina allowed Nino (a green against a red) to do 39x2 damage.

champloo

I happened to have enough armored units so I gave 10th Stratum a try..
FZY95e2l.png

Also can confirm Light's Blessing works with the quests

ggx2ac

I don't have a 5* Chrom but I thought of a set of skills for him.

Chrom

Falchion
-
Sol
Armoured Blow
Quick Riposte
Threaten Attack

The idea is to make him tanky and reduce damage taken for when he attacks or takes damage.

Since he is pretty slow, Quick Riposte would be helpful to counter and trigger Sol.

Having him self heal from Falchion and Sol would help trigger Quick Riposte again.

----

Seliph

Tyrfing
Rally Speed
Pavise
Armoured Blow
Brash Assault
Threaten Attack

Similar idea to the above, mentioning it because I have a 5* Seliph.

New thread title suggestion:

Lon'qu Very Much

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT2| New Age of Heroes

(Marvel Vs Capcom 2 reference due to Skill Inheritance changing the meta.)

alcheim

I thought all those Gordin's would supply me with Vantage, but didn't realize until it was too late that he only gets Vantage when he's 5*. Darn it, why'd I have to merge all my spare Lon Qu's into one?

Sushen

+atk/-Spd Nino seems not good... I was excited to finally have her.

I'm thinking of giving Vantage to my Lucina. Would it be a good use of the skill?

kswiston

I'm also working on Jaffar and thinking of giving him Saizo's Poison Strike and he'll do 17 damage after combat when initiating along with debuffing. His stats are better than Kagero, not having the Infantry bonus sucks but I could also 5* Kagero and give him that (or vice versa 5* Kagero and give her Life and Death).

I was looking over the ninja units yesterday. Kagero actually has crazy high attack, which is why she works with the poison dagger, despite the fact that it only has 5 attack. A five star Kagero with neutral attack will have atk 40 at level 40. Neutral Jaffar with Kagero's weapon would have an atk of 31. Jafar only has an extra point of spd, so it's not like he would make it up by doubling more units. Def and Res are a trade off, so you are basically trading in OHKOs for 10 HP. Life and Death gives Jafar an extra Atk/Spd boost, but you could always give that to Kagero (from Hana would probably be easiest) if you wanted a super glass cannon.

champloo

Fully equipped heroes are already showing up in the arena. Ran into Vantage Takumi and Draconic Aura Effie earlier.

I don't see the appeal for Vantage on everyone.. It's very annoying on defense teams. but on offense I think there are usually better options. Maybe people are running Vantage to counter Vantage...

Man so many decisions. Taking a Vantage from Lon Qu to put into Lyn might be a neat idea, there is a good chance she can kill most enemies that run into her unless there were blue or something on their attack when she is in desperation. I need feathers to raise up Donnel, so he can be sacrificed to give Effie a Brave Lance, she is going to be even more of a machine then she already is with a natural wary fighter and deathblow. I think Ursula and Olwen might be nice fused together since one has deathblow and the other has a brave tome, but I need to compare the 2 stats at 5* before doing any of that.

lt519

I was looking over the ninja units yesterday. Kagero actually has crazy high attack, which is why she works with the poison dagger, despite the fact that it only has 5 attack. A five star Kagero with neutral attack will have atk 40 at level 40. Neutral Jaffar with Kagero's weapon would have an atk of 31. Jafar only has an extra point of spd, so it's not like he would make it up by doubling more units. Def and Res are a trade off, so you are basically trading in OHKOs for 10 HP. Life and Death gives Jafar an Atk/Spd boost, but you could always give that to Kagero (from Hana would probably be easiest) if you wanted a super glass cannon.

Yeah, I'm just not sure I want to spend the 20,000 feathers on 5* Kagero since I got lucky with the Jaffar pull ):

The Threaten Speed is also very nice on Jaffar. He's got a lot more HP to make up for the lost DEF from Life and Death and can take a shot from Takumi which is great because now I have two units to (Robin) to deal with Takumi. Can Kagero tank a Takumi? I'm 100% sure Kagero is a better unit if you move Life and Death over, but if you don't I think Jaffar might be a better complimentary unit against non-infantry. He's not OHKO by any means but he's been fun to play around with (he's close to OHKO though with double attack power of a Poison Dagger, might play around with some buff atk units).

I may do Life and Death from Hana and level Kagero to 5* anyway and run with Jaffar and Kagero just to troll people in arena.

Either way he's gonna sit on the bench with the different bonus characters, not sure I can part from my Nino/Robin/Roy (soon to be Eirika) set-up anyway.

kswiston

Can Kagero tank a Takumi?

Assuming a Takumi with standard HP/Def, and a Kagero with at least standard atk + life and death 3, Kagero should be able to OHKO Takumi.

45*1.5 - 25 = 42 damage

Takumi has 40 life unless he has an HP boon

If your Kagero is lucky enough to be +atk, you should be able to OHKO any Takumi if you give her Life and Death 3.

+def Takumi: 48*1.5 - 29 = 43 damage
+hp Takumi (43 HP): 48*1.5 - 25 = 47 damage

This is assuming that he doesn't have a def buff from one of his teammates.

Kenai

Loving the update.

Fed my +def=Spd Effie a Brave Lance from my 4* Cordelia. I have a Hinoka and Cordelia at 5* ready to offer as snackrifices, but I am not sure which one to do yet. Coredia's nature is pretty bad for her (+Speed), but she also has the rare Galeforce and I might want to save that for someone else (I do have a Lynn but her nature is unknown so it could be good). Not sure on Hinoka's nature and she's a pretty rare 5* so I wasn't sure to give her up either. Not feeling using 20k to level a Donnel for it either.

Whatever I decide, I'm gonna give her Bonfire and Swap too. Debating on the C slot.

Debating between Marth, Lynn and Erika for my red. Leaning a bit more towards Erika because of Drag Back for Effie and the natural double boosts. She's a -Hp+Attack so she's going to get hit hard by double attacks though, gonna test it out and play around with passive effects.

Also gonna try giving Fae Ardent Sacrifice, Darting Blow and Sol, making her a pseudo healer since she has a strong Renewal and is naturally tanky support without much extra work beyond feeding her a Florina. This can give Effie some more durability without having to run an actual healer and kill my offense.

I'd reall like a solid ranged attacker for the fourth slot (or Ninnian) but nothing's popped yet for me. I have a pretty good Elise I could put in place of psuedo-healer Fae cause loading her up with boosts and Threatens plus the synergy with Effie should make up for the damage loss, but Fae is my only solid Green for the foreseeable future, unless I pull a Nino with a good nature.

That being said, I LOVE being able to play around with weird/unorthodox combos based on what i get. Just about every unit has a place now, and just about all of your favs can be used in a team and be better than before if you pull them. Delightful.

lt519

Since when is Robin a problem for Nino?

He's not? Just thought the overkill was funny. I'll contain my enthusiasm.

Assuming a Takumi with standard HP/Def, and a Kagero with at least standard atk + life and death 3, Kagero should be able to OHKO Takumi.

45*1.5 - 25 = 42 damage

What about without Life and Death 3 (i.e. pre-inherit skills)? I'd have to spend 20k feathers to 5* Kagero and then another 20k to get Hana's L&D3 OR eat Jaffar which I'm reluctant to do. Just curious. I think I'm going to 5* Kagero anyway to try out two ninja's and two mages in the arena.

lt519

linde:
A: life or death 3
B: Desperation
C: Savage Blow 3
Spec: Moonbow
Assist: Ardent Sacrifice

someone who actually has linde probably has a better setup.

Yeah I just put Moonbow on Nino, seems like the best one. His second attack in a battle should be really heavy hitting.

I'm thinking I might try and throw Renewal on Robin since I use him primarily as my tank. Do any 4* units have the third level Renewal?

lt519

Decided I don't like Eirika as much as Roy. Put Moonbow and Threaten Spd on Roy to see if the threaten debuff lets him double up characters a bit more. Considering putting Defiant Def in exchange for his Triangle Adept and making him a more mobile tank. Hard to understand the true effects Eirika has been having on my team as a support character with her buffs though. We'll see.

Put Pull Back on Jaffar so he and Nino can pull each other back after attacking if needed.

Articalys

Okay, have to admit... when everything works out well, it can be interesting. Managed to win an Intermediate arena map despite being at a slight level disadvantage by using the fact that I had cavalry against infantry to basically kite the AI around the map for several turns to get their units to split up, after which I could move in on the isolated unit for a team-up kill without fear of reprisal. Then I managed to surround the remaining units to mop up.
Still don't know if I can get that lucky seven more times before the quest goes away though.

Cleared the 1st through 6th Stratum tower goals, but I don't have a team strong enough to take on the upper floors yet. I might be able to level up enough to take out the 7th floor goal before time's up, but everything above that is never gonna happen.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Pretty cool additions...we are slowly getting there,

Havent looked into skill inheritance yet though.
Can some other iOS player try and see if you can get it by logging your account onto an android device? If so, I'll try to see if I can scrounge up an old one. If not, I'll just be sad

No reason why this wouldnt work. At least it always works on every other Gacha title that has similar OS based rewards.

Azar

Just saw the inherit skill system is out, that's gonna be pretty huge. Interesting possibilities. I was waiting for it to decide who I should promote.

I currently have 5* Carriage, Hector Olwen, and Fae. I have enough feathers and badges do upgrade a 4* of any color, but figured red made the most sense to fill that gap. My level 38 4* male Corrin has become a weak link in the hard fights. I have 4* Chrom and Lilina, and both seem like good options. Any suggestions either way?

No need to inherit skill before upgrading, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom