• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Dragon Quest XI (PS4/3DS) screenshots

Machina

Banned
55CB5FDD464ACA001A

holy-sht.gif

Gammacide

Gads, look like it'll be time for me to get a 3DS whenever this releases in NA. PS4 version is a foregone conclusion at this point. This is exactly what my next gen jrpg experience should look like. :)

Adamator

My God I love the idea behind the 3DS version. That shit better come out in the US!

I get such a kick out of seeing the same scene in modern graphics and old 16-but style. So damn clever.

Kssio_Aug

I forgot about the western release risk!
Well... I really hope they release both versions for the western audience, would be a shame not to, cause it looks too damn good. :(

Peltz

I've always loved the art style of these games, but this takes it to a new level. Absolutely stunning work.

AgeEighty

No, I am sorry that you can't see what is in the pictures you posted yourself.

What I see is two gorgeous games with cel shaded characters and a bit more realistic backgrounds, with the differences in roughly equal measure. I see that because that is what's in them.

I'm sure you will recognize this when the game is closer to release.

It's a proper DQ, not like IX or X.

................Good Lord.

atbigelow

God damn both of those look great. Lacking a PS4 for the forseeable future, so I'll be getting the 3DS version. Until there's a PC port.

kollapse

Neo Member
Both look incredible. I have my doubts that the 3DS version will be localized, but I would be happy to play through the import regardless. Can't wait to play both of these.

Okay, this looks downright incredible. This is now right up there with my most wanted games. Halo 5, Persona 5, Quantum Break, Dragon Quest XI.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I like how the battle screen looks like a mix between the classic first person view and the more modern "you can see your party" view from DQVIII/IX.

ika

Both versions looks incredible. I'll wait for the 3DS and NX version if it finally happens as I'm not sure if I'll still have my PS4 by the time this comes to Europe, if at all.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
A mainline DQ back on PlayStation? The King has returned.

Arkeband

Banned
IX is a proper version. I'll give you X though.

IX had faceless make-it-up-yourself party members and most of the locations were just "clever" pop culture references. At one point there was an anime cutscene, and then you fought a monster that was another pop culture reference to Illidan. I remember nothing else about it.

There was more content in the post-game where the grinding resembled something like an MMO, which lo and behold, DQX became.

xaszatm

Banned
IX had faceless make-it-up-yourself party members and most of the locations were just "clever" pop culture references. At one point there was an anime cutscene, and then you fought a monster that was another pop culture reference to Illidan. I remember nothing else about it.

There was more content in the post-game where the grinding resembled something like an MMO, which lo and behold, DQX became.

...you just described III. Apparently that isn't a DQ game either. Good to know.

Top Bottom