• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Man shot at Pokemon Go players parking on road outside his house at 1:30AM

Abylim

This is why that article came out the other day about not playing Pokemon Go while black. Mistaken intention turning into violence is a thing and Go appears to be quite the misunderstanding accelerant already.

Did I miss an article where a black person got shot or killed while playing Pokemon GO?

I didnt see any news articles about Pokemon GO being dangerous for people to play in general, just black people.

Yet here we sit, with two non black kids shot at.

Abylim

Yes, you missed the relevant article that the post referenced.

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-could-be-a-death-sentence-for-a-black-man-1783388743

it would have almost been glad you asked, but then you thought you "won" and decided to be a smartass. I hate when people don't ask genuine questions.

What? This isnt an article about a black person being actually shot at or killed while playing Pokemon GO.

Non black kids have been shot at while playing this game.

My question is genuine. Have black people been shot at while playing? or killed? Yet there is an article about how dangerous it is for black people to play.

Doesnt seem like it is so far o_O

What? This isnt an article about a black person being actually shot at or killed while playing Pokemon GO.

Non black kids have been shot at while playing this game.

My question is genuine. Have black people been shot at while playing? or killed? Yet there is an article about how dangerous it is for black people to play.

Doesnt seem like it is so far o_O

Out of curiosity, where are you going, or at least, where do you think you are going with this?

Hagi

So you dont want to actually discuss what I am saying, you want to know why I'm saying what I'm saying?

The Kotaku article is filtered through the lens of what life as a black female or male is like on a day to day basis in America. It doesn't really matter if nobody has been shot at yet but a couple of white kids to be honest. Nobody is saying bad things can't happen to others playing this game just that for black people it could easily get them in trouble just like stopping at a red light does, going to a friends house, pulling over for the cops or even just walking home after buying a fucking packet of skittles. Shouldn't be that hard to grasp.

- hey, 60 people were killed by a crazy armed guy, should we ban guns ?
- nah
- hey, people playing pokemon were attacked by a crazy armed guy, should we ban guns ?
- THIS IS A MAD WORLD LET'S BAN IT

I was being a bit of a dreamer, surely though any sane person would want to right to bear arms scrapped and a right to play Pokemon in safety put in its place

Abylim

The Kotaku article is filtered through the lens of what life as a black female or male is like on a day to day basis in America. It doesn't really matter if nobody has been shot at yet but a couple of white kids to be honest. Nobody is saying bad things can't happen to others playing this game just that for black people it could easily get them in trouble just like stopping at a red light does, going to a friends house, pulling over for the cops or even just walking home after buying a fucking packet of skittles. Shouldn't be that hard to grasp.

Alright then.

Clearly I am of a different mindset than most in this situation, I will stop pursuing this topic.

Violet_0

Banned
How the fuck is he not sitting in jail?

wondering the same thing
there's clear evidence that he shot the at the car
there's no evidence or witnesses that can confirm that they tried to run him over
it's two accounts of the events against one, which is coming from the perpretator trying to justify his action

if he walks free it's a total failure of the system, yet again
let me guess, they cut that from the international version?

It's not guns that harm people, it's people. By the thousands. Who have guns in their houses.

pokemongun.jpg

220px-Gun.png

So is there any actual new news on this? I see people asking why he isn't sitting in a cell so I'm assuming the state isn't pressing charges?

wondering the same thing
there's clear evidence that he shot the at the car
there's no evidence or witnesses that can confirm that they tried to run him over
it's two accounts of the events against one, which is coming from the perpretator trying to justify his action

if he walks free it's a total failure of the system, yet again

let me guess, they cut that from the international version?

Oh yes, They absolutely did. And this too...

Pok%C3%A9mon_episode_Beauty_and_the_Beach_-_screen_capture_.jpg

RMI

Banned
as an American i'd like to say that Florida (and Floridians by extension) does not speak for the rest of us.

why you would discharge a firearm at a fleeing person is beyond me.

Gurrry

If I saw someone pointing a gun at me and I was in my car, my first reaction would be to run them over or atleast scare them enough to get them away from me.

However, I also understand the paranoia of someone who has a car sketchily sitting outside their house. Maybe not to the extent of actually shooting them, but atleast having protection in case someone really is trying a home invasion or something.

Probably a little over reaction on all sides here.

Top Bottom