• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flying Lotus - "You're Dead!" (Oct 7, 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Pre-ordered that Deluxe LP set as soon as it was announced.

Worth it.

SJRB

Gold Member
Nice interview in Rolling Stone about the concept of the project evolving, working with Snoop, stuff like that.

And on the subject of Captain Murphy, this awesome cartoon released yesterday: The Birth of Captain Murphy. Some sick beats, love the track during the karate part.

5h8lJXZ.jpg

mltplkxr

Loving this. His stuff is so lush and complex I find it overwhelming at times, but his talent can't be denied.
Also nice to see Warp is still putting out relevant stuff 25 years on.

Servbot24

Banned
Thank goodness Pharrell didn't make it, sounds awful.

And I'm glad Kendrick is going to a good source for his next album.

Hey everyone if you're going to see FlyLo this fall, educate yourself on Thundercat. He's one of the best and most creative bassists out there now, and he's opening for FlyLo.

Check out Oh Sheit, It's X and Heartbreaks, Setbacks off his new album Apocalypse. He's funky as shit, you won't be disappointed.

Wow thanks for that recommendation, listening to The Golden Age of Apocalypse on Spotify right now, this shit is great.

Excited for the new flylo, that artwork is bonkers. Makes me wish for an animated short to one of the songs in that style.

So excited for this. I love the kago art, but I dig most of the singles art a lot better than the album cover. Maybe it's the color or something...

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I started with the LA EPs, too, which were merged into "Los Angeles".

The preview for this sounded good.

trixx

Hopefully this turns out well.. Until the quiet comes was okay. Fav tracks were hunger, all the secrets and the nightcaller. Wasn't as memorable as Cosmogramma or Los Angeles though.

Dereck

Now that he's talked about how Kendrick Lamar "took all of his beats", I'm worried that the Captain Murphy project is even further away now.

K.Sabot

Fucking beautiful song.

Amazing

jesus christ

SOTY

it'd be even better if they took all the promo bullshit off.

Fjordson

Not a big Kendrick fan, but the beat is dope as hell. Love the jazziness of the (two?) songs released thus far.

Listen To Los Angeles.
Los Angeles' actually all you need. I feel Flying Lotus really peaked on that album. On Los Angeles he had a style that sustained from the first song to the very last. Maybe it's just me but after Los Angeles I haven't been able to find/hear the amazing soundscapes he can create. Now his albums sound like he's over-doing everything and the beats are all over the place. FL can still craft intriguing shits, that's for sure. But as a whole he's lacking something.

He's making things a lot more funky. Bass lines are a lot more out there. Masterful layering.

Was thinking of getting the Vinyl, but I'm not the biggest fan of the album cover. CD, absolutely bought though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom