• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Maybe I don't understand, but this, to me, seems ridiculous:

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2011/30110.php

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddbal...ict-code-of-conduct-from-bayern-munich-ultras (but, I don't know how true this was)

Should be ashamed...

It was ridiculous. You should've read the Schickeria statement back in 2010, it was the dumbest thing i ever read, rough recollection from my memory "Bayern is and always will be Red, Neuer will always be blue, he'll never be Red. We hate Schalke, it'll be the worst thing ever if he joins us." (The statement was multiple pages long but i think you get the idea).

Totally laughable but believe it or not some crazy "fans" still think this way, I already read the following in one Bayern forum: "This finals loss is the direct result of Hoeneß politics, he sold his heart and the heart of the club, and most importantly he bailed on us fans. We couldnt even enjoy most wins because of these past events."

batshit insane if you ask me.

NEUER is awesome and everything you could ask for in a Bayern player. He really is a football player who just wants to have fun and doesnt worry about his corporate image.

spidye

It was ridiculous. You should've read the Schickeria statement back in 2010, it was the dumbest thing i ever read, rough recollection from my memory "Bayern is and always will be Red, Neuer will always be blue, he'll never be Red. We hate Schalke, it'll be the worst thing ever if he joins us." (The statement was multiple pages long but i think you get the idea).

Totally laughable but believe it or not some crazy "fans" still think this way, I already read the following in one Bayern forum: "This finals loss is the direct result of Hoeneß politics, he sold his heart and the heart of the club, and most importantly he bailed on us fans. We couldnt even enjoy most wins because of these past events."

batshit insane if you ask me.

NEUER is awesome and everything you could ask for in a Bayern player. He really is a football player who just wants to have fun and doesnt worry about his corporate image.
again, bayern has over 170 000 signed members. why are we talking about a stupid group of people? 99% of the fans love him and always cheered him.

fuenf

spidye i know :) i dont care about them, just wanted to recap the situation for Awesome Animals.

edit: what happenend to your avatar?

Maybe I don't understand, but this, to me, seems ridiculous:

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/news/news/2011/30110.php

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddbal...ict-code-of-conduct-from-bayern-munich-ultras (but, I don't know how true this was)

Should be ashamed...

I should be ashamed? Why? It's funny, lol
It's just that their ultras have a bad rep, that's all. Or rather a reputation for being non-existent/not really being ultras. The fact that you barely see them in away games is reinforcing that notion. Most of their fans in away games seem to be locals or vip, not really regular ppl. coming from Munich.
They just have a lot of fans all over the country, more so than other clubs.
I've seen it first hand in the DFB cup game vs. Bochum in Dez 2011. Most of their fans were mixed among Bochum fans and vip areas. There wasn't really a specific bloc for dedicated fans, ultras. Just little pockets of fans.
That Neuer thingy seemed like/was perceived like it was just for show, they accepted him in a whim during the season.

spidye

spidye i know :) i dont care about them, just wanted to recap the situation for Awesome Animals.

edit: what happenend to your avatar?

My avatar jinxed gomez. he started to play bad right after I put him as my avatar (before the madrid game)
:p

fuenf

Schalke and the fact that he was closely affiliated with a Schalke Ultra Group.

edit: @spidye and you couldnt notice this before the final? well at least it's in time for the Euros! :D

spidye

I've seen it first hand in the DFB cup game vs. Bochum in Dez 2011. Most of their fans were mixed among Bochum fans and vip areas. There wasn't really a specific bloc for dedicated fans, ultras. Just little pockets of fans.

that's probably because of the fan friednship between bayern and bochum.

Messi

uSt1l.png

Ik36A.png

UoFKp.jpg

TxhHZ.png

Old pics on my phone, new kits since but you get the idea

Thiago Silva will stay with us. I want to believe. He'll be our next captain after Ambrosini, he just can't.

Then again I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves, our president does not want to spend a single euro on new players and that won't change anytime soon.
Ok, I have a request for Football GAF. I want you all to vote on what name goes on the back of this seasons kits. Names with the most votes win.

These kits:

FRANCE Away Benzema
PORTUGAL Home Nani
PORTUGAL Away Ronaldo
SPAIN Home Torres
SPAIN Away Iniesta
NETHERLANDS Home Robben
NETHERLANDS Away Van Persie
GERMANY Home Schweinsteiger
GERMANY Away Muller
BRAZIL Home Thiago Silva
BRAZIL Away Neymar

MANCHESTER UTD Home Rooney
MANCHESTER CITY Home Silva
ARSENAL Home Podolski
CHELSEA Home Mata
LIVERPOOL Home Gerrard

BARCELONA Home Messi
BARCELONA Away Xavi
JUVENTUS Home Del Piero/Marchisio
NAPOLI Home Cavani/Hamsik
AC Milan Home Mesbah Prince
BAYYYYYYERN Home Schweinsteiger

Vote away GAF. Thanks :p

Done :D

Wessiej

I just started my collection. Got myself a Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich shirt, next season I want Napoli, Everton and Newcastle.

Still got both the away and home shirts from Holland of the last 4 WC/EC, but the home kit of this EC is still missing, so ugly.

dc89

Ok, I have a request for Football GAF. I want you all to vote on what name goes on the back of this seasons kits. Names with the most votes win.

These kits:

FRANCE Away Nasri
PORTUGAL Home CR7
PORTUGAL Away Nani
SPAIN Home Iniesta
SPAIN Away Silva
NETHERLANDS Home Sneijder
NETHERLANDS Away De Jong
GERMANY Home Gotze
GERMANY Away Gotze
BRAZIL Home Neymar
BRAZIL Away Pato

MANCHESTER UTD Home Hernandez
MANCHESTER CITY Home Van Persie
ARSENAL Home Podolski
CHELSEA Home Mata
LIVERPOOL Home Suarez

BARCELONA Home Messi
BARCELONA Away Sergio
JUVENTUS Home Del Piero - in homage
NAPOLI Home Cavani
AC Milan Home Ibra
BAYYYYYYERN Home Robben

Vote away GAF. Thanks :p

I'll do the others later :p

Slizz

I just started my collection. Got myself a Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich shirt, next season I want Napoli, Everton and Newcastle.

Still got both the away and home shirts from Holland of the last 4 WC/EC, but the home kit of this EC is still missing, so ugly.

Started mine last year 3 United kits, 2 FCK kits, 1 Bayern, 1 Germany. Adding in probably about a week or two thanks to SoccerTriads, 1 Brazil and 1 Portugal.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Do you have any of the Qatar Foundation Barça shirts?

I only have a Chivas 1996 shirt, a Mexico 2011 shirt, and a fake Spain 2009 shirt that was five bucks in the flea market.

Messi

Is it time to accept the fact that Ronaldinho should not grace the back of my new brazil kit, but neymar instead :/

Kozak

Banned
Just looking at Messi's jerseys makes me realize why I don't have that many..SHORT SLEEVES!

The best jerseys always come in long sleeve for the players but you can never find them :(

Cristiano+Ronaldo+Lyon+v+Real+Madrid+UEFA+rw5MGI0jy5Vl.jpg

cristiano_ronaldo_1417511c.jpg

long sleeve is the best sleeve

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is the one shirt I've always wanted:
Mexico 1998 World Cup. Nineties as fuck. And it also goes for more than five thousand pesos on mercadolibre when it becomes available. :(
Yeah

Home x 2
Away x 2

But I hate that sponsor :/
Don't we all?
Is it time to accept the fact that Ronaldinho should not grace the back of my new brazil kit, but neymar instead :/
Ganso doesn't get the recognition he deserves. :(

Long sleeve ftw.

Very hard to come by though. Also Im sure Ronaldo's shirts are like custom or something, his sleeves are nice and fitted and you can roll them up unlike the usual baggy crap you get when you do eventually find long sleeve kits.

Just looking at Messi's jerseys makes me realize why I don't have that many..SHORT SLEEVES!

The best jerseys always come in long sleeve for the players but you can never find them :(

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Cristiano+Ronaldo+Lyon+v+Real+Madrid+UEFA+rw5MGI0jy5Vl.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01417/cristiano_ronaldo_1417511c.jpg[IMG]
long sleeve is the best sleeve[/QUOTE]

Love long sleeves. Two of my Villa kits are long sleeves, and I prefer to wear them more often than the others.

Bumhead

Banned
Don't want to sound arsey but.. why so many shirts? And why for teams you don't support, and teams who would be rivals even if you did?

Slizz

This is the one shirt I've always wanted:

Mexico 1998 World Cup. Nineties as fuck. And it also goes for more than five thousand pesos on mercadolibre when it becomes available. :(
Don't we all?

Ganso doesn't get the recognition he deserves. :(
Him and Neymar are so fun to watch together. He'll get the respect once Neymar leaves Santos I think or he moves to another club. He's def class.

^^I see more Juventus kits in my future

It seems that Solksjaer to Villa is going to happen and be done by early next week. via Twitter reporting odds are being slashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom