• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Him and Neymar are so fun to watch together. He'll get the respect once Neymar leaves Santos I think or he moves to another club. He's def class.

Bosses

ifGJqJHL2XT8T.gif

that's probably because of the fan friednship between bayern and bochum.
I don't think it's official, but for some fans that's definitely true. And who can blame them really, they are being smashed between Dortmund and Sch_alke.
As for the ultras, well I guess everyone else has that opinion about Bayern ultras except Bayern fans, lol Can't really prove anything to you, so I'll just let it go..

Thank you for clarifying. Was this supporters group dislike for Neuer because of his Schalke ties, or was it more of a regional rivalry?
There is a "hate trifecta" between Bayern, Dortmund and Schalke.
Dortmund vs. Schalke is a regional rivalry too (arguably the biggest in Germany).

The current Dortmund/Bayern rivalry is more or less due to the fact that Dortmund was the only team who could pose a real threat to them during the 90s and right now. We were also the first German team win a European cup (in 66) and the "new" CL (in 97). And there were a lot of heated games with hard fouls, red card etc. over the course of those years.

Bayern vs. Schalke is due to the fact that there were countless times when they missed the championship because Bayern snagged it away from them in the last game(s)/minutes even, lol.
Some of them dislike the Bayern more than they dislike us.

Apart from that almost every other fan of a club that was successful at one point or another hates the Bayern. That includes Bremen, Stuttgart, Gladbach, Nuremberg, Hamburg, Leverkusen and beyond that.

I have some old Juve kits from when I was a kid. Talking pre-2001. I was a big kid but sadly they don't fit anymore.

One is these, if I recall correctly
Kit_5F00_Vault_5F00_Juventus_5F00_Main.jpg

The other I believe is the Sony MiniDisc one.

Beautiful kits. I hope the new Jeep mockups are real. They look lovely.

Meier

Him and Neymar are so fun to watch together. He'll get the respect once Neymar leaves Santos I think or he moves to another club. He's def class.

There was an interview with him recently where he said he wished they'd play their whole careers together. I'd love to see the two of them team up in Europe too although I'm sure it'll never happen due to the necessary outlay.

Hnnngh.

Slizz

There was an interview with him recently where he said he wished they'd play their whole careers together. I'd love to see the two of them team up in Europe too although I'm sure it'll never happen due to the necessary outlay.

Hnnngh.

Man that would be awesome. Only problem is Neymar is one of the hottest young prospects and bundling Ganso's talents with his would amount to an enormous fee.

Wishful thinking but doubtful. Unless they both stay at Santos.

EDIT: Awesome that kit looks great was the from SoccerTriads?! Also Cat in the bottom corner in a hilarious pose

elsk

Banned
According to the Sueddeutsche Zeitung Bayern had a bid for Lewandowski rejected: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/tr...ueckter-geldboerse-gegen-das-trauma-1.1362802

There are rumours that they'll now try to get Dzeko instead (it's not in the linked article but according to a forum the SZ reports this as well).

Yeah, his (Lewa) agent confirmed the interest a few weeks ago. It was pretty clear, and we were interested in Kagawa too. I think those offers came after we losing the Bundesliga against them.

ANYWAY. I think Dzeko is the main candidate to be our new striker next season. Giroud is already out of the question, Higuaín is too expensive (still possible, tho) and well I'm still dreaming of Falcao being an option!

Clegg

Remember when United where supposed to sign Gaitan?

Bad times man.

Good luck to Drogba if he decides to leave.

Going out on top is always the best way.

Salvadora

Dzeko is quality. Should stay another season at least and get rid of Balotelli & Tevez. Why either of them should stay is beyond me.

Remember when United where supposed to sign Gaitan?

Bad times man.
Thanks God that fizzled out.

Paddy Crerand has said on MUTV tonight that the deal for Hazard is done at £38m ( to City). How would you know Paddy :lol He's the biggest transfer muppet going.

elsk

Banned
If we manage to get Dzeko, man, that would be pretty good. Obviously not the BEST striker out there, but he's obviously better than Gómez.

Clegg

Thanks God that fizzled out.

Paddy Crerand has said on MUTV tonight that the deal for Hazard is done at £38m. How would you know Paddy :lol He's the biggest transfer muppet going.

He also said last summer that the deal for Sneijder was done.

Either he makes all this shit up or his sources are crap.

elsk

Banned
Talking about media and sources, I had no idea of the rumor(?) of Lahm being the Bild source inside Bayern.

Reactionary I believe is the phrase. Dzeko = Gomez. Same player.

They're the same type of striker, but Dzeko is a more complete player than Gómez.

Wilbur

Banned
Drogba's a legend. More than Lampard and Terry he's epitomised their play style over the last 10 years; muscular, physical, powerful. Add all his footballing exploits to what he's done in Ivory Coast with regards to the civil war and stuff... incredible player, incredible man.

Gaitan, I've never wanted a player less than h-

No wait.

Ashley Young actually signed for us

He also said last summer that the deal for Sneijder was done.

Either he makes all this shit up or his sources are crap.
He meant to City btw! Yeah he said the same stuff about Nasri too. I am surprised that kind of discussion is even allowed on the in-house tv network.

Yen

Balague asked Michael Laudrup whether he wants the Liverpool job and he said, "ofc" so now my twitter feed is filled with "Laudrup to join #LFC!!1!"
I wonder is it possible to get a sensible opinion from WoodenLung.

Slizz

Talking about media and sources, I had no idea of the rumor(?) of Lahm being the Bild source inside Bayern.

They're the same type of striker, but Dzeko is a more complete player than Gómez.

Eh.....Dzeko's normal game is Gomez's off game that he had against Chelsea. Too many touches, unnecessary bad touches and maybe one touch of brilliance

elsk

Banned
Eh.....Dzeko's normal game is Gomez's off game that he had against Chelsea. Too many touches, unnecessary bad touches and maybe one touch of brilliance

You can't compare Gómez to City's Dzeko. Dzeko was amazing in the bundesliga, when he was the main striker.

Fry

Dzeko scores a couple of screamers more than Gomez, that's it. They're both incomplete strikers but Gomez is way more proven in the international stage.

Balague asked Michael Laudrup whether he wants the Liverpool job and he said, "ofc" so now my twitter feed is filled with "Laudrup to join #LFC!!1!"
One of my friends really really wants Laudrup as manager. Could be a good shout but out of left field.

He hasn't been able to stay put as a manger for longer than a year/18 months either. Something always seems to go wrong.

fuenf

You can't compare Gómez to City's Dzeko. Dzeko was amazing in the bundesliga, when he was the main striker.

Na Dzeko @ Wolfsburg = Gomez @ Stuttgart / Dzeko @ City < Gomez @ Bayern (might change if Dzeko had the chance to establish himself). It's easy to forget, that Wolfsburg also played a very straight forward counter-attacking style of football and he had amazing help with Misimovic + Grafite.

Hixx

On that day the moon shall crash into the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom