• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

Na Dzeko @ Worlfsburg = Gomez @ Stutgart / Dzeko @ City < Gomez @ Bayern (might change if Dzeko had the chance to establish himself). It's easy to forget, that Wolfsburg also played a very straight forward counter-attacking style of football and he had amazing help with Misimovic + Grafite.

couldn't agree more.
we need someone like olic, who runs and fights.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dzeko has the longest legs I've ever seen. When he runs it just looks so out of control and awkward.

luycn.jpg

A mind of their own!

Balague asked Michael Laudrup whether he wants the Liverpool job and he said, "ofc" so now my twitter feed is filled with "Laudrup to join #LFC!!1!"
I wonder is it possible to get a sensible opinion from WoodenLung.

Very unlikely

;)

I have no doubt that Laudrup said that he would want the liverpool job, but I doubt Liverpool are really wanting to go for him.

He was a good manager for Brøndby but ever since he left Denmark he really hasn't had much success. With Getafe he did well (got pretty far in europe league with a not so good team and was only beaten by Bayern in extra time) but already stopped after a year. Then he went on to be fired in Russia after only a season. He then took over Mallorca who he also left after only a year, both not doing well with the team but also being really pissed with the management of the club, which to be fair to him was really bad, stuff like selling their top scorer with an hour left of the transfer window and buying a replacement after the deadline so he couldn't be registered... He went out and was publicly angry after that and then he got to leave the club.

His daughter follows my parody Brøndby chairman twitter profile, lol.

Mastadon

Banned
One of my friends really really wants Laudrup as manager. Could be a good shout but out of left field.

He hasn't been able to stay put as a manger for longer than a year/18 months either. Something always seems to go wrong.

I wouldn't mind taking a punt on Laudrup actually. He had Getafe playing some lovely stuff a few years back.

Clegg

He meant to City btw! Yeah he said the same stuff about Nasri too. I am surprised that kind of discussion is even allowed on the in-house tv network.

To City? Disaster!!!!

Thats the transfer muppet law.

Reports linking your team to a player: It's a rubbish article, he's never signing for us.

Reports linking a player to a rival team: Oh no he's nailed on to join them.

Wessiej

My guess for Transfermarket for the oil clubs

City to spend 70 million
PSG to spend 130 million
Malaga to spend 50 million
Anzi blablalba to spend 500 million on Rooney.

fuenf

couldn't agree more.
we need someone like olic who runs and fights.

It's crazy after all that Gomez bashing by elsk ( ;) ), i decided to look up some old Gomez videos from his Stuttgart days, i know it's only highlights but wow he was like a totally different player http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3831262/Mario_Gomez_The_Next_Superstar . Bayern just doesnt seem play to his strengths :(.

I think a coach with a better system (like Klopp tbh :( ) could do wonders for him.

krishian

My guess for Transfermarket for the oil clubs

City to spend 70 million
PSG to spend 130 million
Malaga to spend 50 million
Anzi blablalba to spend 500 million on Rooney.
I'm pretty interested in what Malaga do with their money, has there been any rumors? All I've heard so far is Borja Valero (seems likely, would be a good buy imo) and Dzeko/Adebayor.

/edit
love your AV, krishian :D

I'd try to get Higuain or some other striker who's not at odds with the ball @ Bajuwaren-gaf

That guy's youtube channel has some great Dortmund vids. All good quality too.
True dat.

piszczeku9fnf.gif

How does that make you feel, Mancs? :p

Kagawa could actually be great in CM too, but you'd have to field 1-2 DMs alongside of him.

dc89

I thought Malaga were interested in Santa Cruz. Or was that just a dream of mine.

Roberto Mancini comments on Zlatan Ibrahimovic rumours: "Milan fans can stay calm." Mischievously adding: "Ibra is a great champion"

Acidote

Unless something crazy happens, Málaga won't spend anything near last year.

Borja Valero, Botía and Dzeko/Adebayor are the names sounding for now. The team really is in dire need of a striker.

spidye

It's crazy after all that Gomez bashing by elsk ( ;) ), i decided to look up some old Gomez videos from his Stuttgart days, i know it's only highlights but wow he was like a totally different player http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3831262/Mario_Gomez_The_Next_Superstar . Bayern just doesnt seem play to his strengths :(.

I think a coach with a better system (like Klopp tbh :( ) could do wonders for him.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpntpw_bayern-munchen-2-0-hannover-96-gomez-goal_sport
He was just out of form. he will be back to his old self. we should not forget he scored 40 goals this season. even more than last year. top scorer last season and second best scorer this season in the bundesliga is no small feat.

Allegri just spoke on Milan Channel, he basically said that both Thiago and Ibra will remain (not sure about this, if *that* Galliani request is true) and that Pato and Boateng will return in shape and have a great season (not sure about this either).

fuenf

I'd try to get Higuain or some other striker who's not at odds with the ball @ Bajuwaren-gaf

I really dont care that much about who they'll get. Who will leave would be far more interesting but i dont think they would ever sell Robben or fire Heynckes. :( I just hate this inverted wingers shit.

I still think it's funny that the most significant changes at Bayern go back to Klinsmann (it's easy to forget, that he had an abysmal squad, Rensing in goal and Bild against him). But he did a lot of good things too, (training-facility, expanded coaching staff, opponent scouting etc.). Kinda funny but i honestly believe that if Klopp went to Bayern and Klinsmann to Dortmund in 2008 the results would have been the same.

elsk

Banned
Bild will announce in a few hrs that Bayern are trying to sign someone from Löw's pre-squad.

Any bets? I think is Howedes. And I don't understand why.

Blablurn

Bild will announce in a few hrs that Bayern are trying to sign someone from Löw's pre-squad.

where did u read that? the only transfer rumor i read was the one about the exchange between rafinha and höwedes.

fuenf

I'd put my money on Höwedes, Lars Bender or Khedira. But also wont understand why, well Höwedes could make sense if they plan to switch Lahm back to the left, Boateng / Höwedes on the right and to use Alaba as an attacking midfield option. Sounds crazy but Bayern-like doesnt it?

fuenf

where did u read that? the only transfer rumor i read was the one about the exchange between rafinha and höwedes.

I think Sky Sports News HD said something like that.

You should photoshop a german flag in Van Bommels hand. EURO time!

GQman2121

Banned
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7770087/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"We will not be together next season," Drogba told France Football magazine.

Well that's it.

He'll make a killing in China, and in the process, bring more awareness to his charity. He's done all he can, and then some for us, and the club will be forever grateful.

I hate that it's labeled as quitting the team though. It seems more like a mutual agreement to part ways. It's not like he's burning bridges or departing on bad terms. In fact, it's the complete opposite.

elsk

Banned
I'd put my money on Höwedes, Lars Bender or Khedira. But also wont understand why, well Höwedes could make sense if they plan to switch Lahm back to the left, Boateng / Höwedes on the right and to use Alaba as an attacking midfield option. Sounds crazy but Bayern-like doesnt it?

I think we will sign a new DM this summer, but I doubt Bender or Khedira are available.
Nope, sounds like Howedes being a CB/RB backup. We already have 2 LBs.

edit: maybe they want Loew :p

Bumhead

Banned
Possibly a strange request, but is there a resource where I can find the release lists or released players from the various clubs in England this pre-season.

I intend on starting a new FM save when the seasons done and want to exploit the free transfer market before clubs start making signings in real life.

Gambit

Here's hoping for Lars Bender instead.

I wonder how he and his brother feel about Bayern, having been at that other Munich club...

kingkaiser

still think it's funny that the most significant changes at Bayern go back to Klinsmann (it's easy to forget, that he had an abysmal squad, Rensing in goal and Bild against him). But he did a lot of good things too, (training-facility, expanded coaching staff, opponent scouting etc.). Kinda funny but i honestly believe that if Klopp went to Bayern and Klinsmann to Dortmund in 2008 the results would have been the same.

Klinsmann doesn't know jack shit about tactis, if he would have gone to dortmund back in 2008 they probably would play in Liga 2 now. His changes in the training infrastructure was the only good thing he did at Bayern.

The most important changes have been done by Louis van Gaal, without him there would be no Thomas Müller, Badstuber or Alaba in the first place and he was the first one who taught the team tactical discipline and a system that is used until now. He was probably the best manager we had after Hitzfeld.

elsk

Banned
Possibly a strange request, but is there a resource where I can find the release lists or released players from the various clubs in England this pre-season.

I intend on starting a new FM save when the seasons done and want to exploit the free transfer market before clubs start making signings in real life.

Don't know about England but from Bayern: Olic, Pranjic, Breno are free agents when the season ends.

krishian

Unless something crazy happens, Málaga won't spend anything near last year.

Borja Valero, Botía and Dzeko/Adebayor are the names sounding for now. The team really is in dire need of a striker.
I think they'll spend around the same. One big name (striker most likely) and a couple minor signings to fill the gaps. Villareal could lose a couple of players to them after their relegation and the Pellegrini connection.

It's probably Höwedes.

Höwedes would walk right in Bayern's starting eleven as CB, he'd probably play RB or some shit though if it happens.

yup, I guess Dante will feel like an idiot after having left Gladbach. He'll have a hard time to get past Höwedes & get playtime to have a chance to be in the Brazilian 2014 WC squad..

S. Bender supposedly grew up as 1860er and hates your guts, Bayern. I don't think Lars differs from him + he signed a new contract in Leverkusen (till 2016) and they hate your guts too and won't give you shit (remember Vidal).

/edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v3v2EtJGKo
17:38 interesting reply from sven but nothing from lars.

Motherf...

/edit2

Dagegen würde man sich mit einem eventuellen Interesse des FC Bayern durchaus beschäftigen. Zwar gab es für beide in Jugendzeiten nur den TSV 1860, die Bayern dagegen waren lange Zeit ein rotes Tuch, doch das ist Vergangenheit. "Dieses radikale Fan-Sein hört auf, wenn man Profi wird", so Sven. "Mit dem Thema FC Bayern würden wir uns ganz normal beschäftigen, wie jeder andere auch."
http://www.merkur-online.de/sport/tsv-1860/lars-bender-sven-bender-fc-bayern-interesse-1543285.html

fuenf

Klinsmann doesn't know jack shit about tactis, if he would have gone to dortmund back in 2008 they probably would play in Liga 2 now. His changes in the training infrastructure was the only good thing he did at Bayern.

The most important changes have been done by Louis van Gaal, without him there would be no Thomas Müller, Badstuber or Alaba in the first place and he was the first one who taught the team tactical discipline and a system that is used until know. He was probably the best manager we had after Hitzfeld.

True that's why he needed a better assistant manager. But dont forget that Müller made his debut under Klinsmann. After the first half of the season everything was fine and they thrashed Stuttgart in the DFB Pokal. Afterwards there was some really bad luck (disallowed goals and shitty refeering) involed + the half the squad got injured.

Van Gaal on the other hand was as good as gone before the Juve match and what followed were maybe the best 6months of Robbens career. I'm sorry but most Bayern fans see the season under Klinsmann far worse than it actually was and overrate Van Gaal's first season as there was a huge of amount luck was involved (e.g. Robben saving our asses).

elsk

Banned
Van Gaal on the other hand was as good as gone before the Juve match and what followed were maybe the best 6months of Robbens career. I'm sorry but most Bayern fans see the season under Klinsmann far worse than it actually was and overrate Van Gaal's first season as there was a huge of amount luck was involved (e.g. Robben saving our asses).

Barcelona scoring 5 goals against us, and selling Hummels = I hate him forever.

Gambit

The most important changes have been done by Louis van Gaal, without him there would be no Thomas Müller, Badstuber or Alaba in the first place and he was the first one who taught the team tactical discipline and a system that is used until now. He was probably the best manager we had after Hitzfeld.

I agree about Klinsman and that we still owe van Gaal a lot. If only he had known that defending is sometimes necessary. But no one will ever reach Hitzfeld in my personal ranking.

Ottmar, wir lieben dich!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v3v2EtJGKo
17:38 interesting reply from sven but nothing from lars.

Thank you, very interesting.

It's probably Höwedes.

yup, I guess Dante will feel like an idiot after having left Gladbach. He'll have a hard time to get past Höwedes & get playtime to have a chance to be in the Brazilian 2014 WC squad..

S. Bender supposedly grew up as 1860er and hates your guts, Bayern. I don't think Lars differs from him + he signed a new contract in Leverkusen (till 2016) and they hate your guts too and won't give you shit (remember Vidal).

/edit

Motherf...

Ah, we always get them in the end. the seductive power of money, titles (...)

PaulLFC

Twitter saying Martinez and AVB have interviews in Boston tomorrow. No idea how true that is, but the rumours seem to be more towards Martinez getting the job.

elsk

Banned
I don't know, Dortmund is fully packed of central midfielders. They have like what 8 CM/DMs for next season?

But yeah, I'm pretty sure is Howedes and it doesn't make sense. Or it could be Khedira.

lol Moldes owner has apparently left Molde, was furious after a meeting with Solskjær where Solskjær told him he wanted to leave if Villa offered him the job and that he would take the team around the club with him.

Gambit

I don't know, Dortmund is fully packed of central midfielders. They have like what 8 CM/DMs for next season?

But yeah, I'm pretty sure is Howedes and it doesn't make sense. Or it could be Khedira.

Could be, but the chances of Mourinho letting Khedira leave are very slim, I think. He won't even let Sahin go (and I'd much prefer getting him)

fuenf

Barcelona scoring 5 goals against us, and selling Hummels = I hate him forever.

He didnt sell Hummels, Bayern coaches dont have the power to buy / sell specific players (Van Gaal just ignored them and thus forced them away).

The official club statment from 2009 regarding Hummels: “We were fundamentally very satisfied with Mats Hummels’ sporting development,” FC Bayern Munich AG chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, remarked, “but we have four first-class international centre-halves in Lucio, Demichelis, van Buyten and Breno, and it would have been exceptionally hard for Mats to win a regular place in the Bayern team. That’s why we’ve met the player’s specific request to be allowed to remain with Borussia Dortmund.”"

Look at the squad against Barca: Butt - Oddo, Demichelis, Breno, Lell - Schweinsteiger, van Bommel, Zé Roberto (77. Sosa) - Altintop (46. Ottl), Ribéry - Toni

Amazing they didnt score more against that defense, great game by Butt, though.

lol stop talking about Khedira, you have like a 0.1% chance of getting him

xintin

god ill miss Drogba, but there is no better way to go out. So glad he won the CL, he deserved it. Chelsea and Premier League legend.

lol Moldes owner has apparently left Molde, was furious after a meeting with Solskjær where Solskjær told him he wanted to leave if Villa offered him the job and that he would take the team around the club with him.
Tbf Ole said he would take the 2 coaches who he brought to the club with him from United and Magnus Wolff Eikrem who was the same. It's not like he was planning on stripping them. A ridiculous over-reaction by the backers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom