• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

RawNuts

Oh fuck; I checked on this thread forgetting that we have a car pack coming out around this time. I think I'm going to need a towel, I've never seen so many cars that I want in one pack. I was bummed that the 360 version had the XJ220 and the xbone didn't; good to see it make the jump.

There's still one more car pack after this one, correct? I found last month's a tad underwhelming, but this was a return to form. Great variety, with nary a dud in sight.

The XJ220 has some of the filthiest turbo chatter in the game. It's good to have the big cat back, (and remodeled too, unless my eyes are deceiving me).

There's still one more car pack after this one, correct? I found last month's a tad underwhelming, but this was a return to form. Great variety, with nary a dud in sight.

The XJ220 has some of the filthiest turbo chatter in the game. It's good to have the big cat back, (and remodeled too, unless my eyes are deceiving me).

Yes, there'll be another pack. This is the 5th so far, and the next is the 6th. Turn10 and PG normally have a few packs after those 6 that aren't a part of their passes, though.

Definitely a new model. The one in Forza 4 was RHD, this one is LHD, so they've scanned a different one in this time.

HeliosT10

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that tomorrow on Saturday at 9pm UK/1pm Pacific we're covering a special Twitch event that we're calling the "Forza All-Star Bash".

f87824b0-3c22-4050-a9be-dd577034fd31.jpg

Fourteen of some of the most popular/well known Forza players and streamers will be together for this event all in the same lobby, drifting, driving, drag racing and more and we’ll be there to cover it all (or as much of it as we can). Tune in to the official Forza Twitch channel and follow along with us as we watch the streams of the participants and chat with you. In addition, we’ll be giving away a special All-Star Bash car that you’ll ONLY be able to get by watching our stream. Here’s a sneak peek:

1c00b698-fda4-41a5-89db-3310dd022f5e.jpg

There could also be a few DLC codes up for grabs too and we'll be telling you during the stream where those will be being given away.

deadfolk

Is Storm Island worth getting? How's everyone finding it?

I haven't gotten too far in the main game - can you just jump in and out of SI at will? How does it work?

Is Storm Island worth getting? How's everyone finding it?

I haven't gotten too far in the main game - can you just jump in and out of SI at will? How does it work?

You fast travel there from Nice.

Personally I hated the emphasis on jumps and found myself rewinding constantly due to landing awkwardly and then it ruining the race. It's not particularly expensive by any means but it just doesn't add much to the core game as it is. I think your cash would be better invested in the car pass if you had to choose.

I know I am probably alone but the Cross Country races are making me actually dislike playing this game. I play these games because I love driving and racing awesome cars around. I do NOT enjoy taking my fun new BMW and having to drive everywhere but the road. I want to enjoy driving the car, not get annoyed at the stupid jumps or how shitty the AI is on those races.

Cross Country races are seriously the worse thing that has happened to Horizon and I really hope they drop the focus back to the actual ROAD for the next game. I love rally games and I will play the shit out of a new one, but making me take every single type of car off road is just becoming stupid.

DagsJT

I know I am probably alone but the Cross Country races are making me actually dislike playing this game. I play these games because I love driving and racing awesome cars around. I do NOT enjoy taking my fun new BMW and having to drive everywhere but the road. I want to enjoy driving the car, not get annoyed at the stupid jumps or how shitty the AI is on those races.

Cross Country races are seriously the worse thing that has happened to Horizon and I really hope they drop the focus back to the actual ROAD for the next game. I love rally games and I will play the shit out of a new one, but making me take every single type of car off road is just becoming stupid.

Yep, I agree. Road races are so much better and I sigh when I have to do off-road.

e90Mark

I also feel the same way about off road, especially when driving something RWD.
I also have to turn the racing line back on, because it's very hard to navigate through the trees.

I like the off-road races, but I think the Horizon series may be better served alternating between a road-focused and off-road-focused release.

deadfolk

You fast travel there from Nice.

Personally I hated the emphasis on jumps and found myself rewinding constantly due to landing awkwardly and then it ruining the race. It's not particularly expensive by any means but it just doesn't add much to the core game as it is. I think your cash would be better invested in the car pass if you had to choose.

Thanks for the opinion. I'll keep that in mind.

I am glad I am not alone and my problem isn't really with the races themselves. I think they can be fun and I am glad that Horizon is now totally open world as that makes the game really interesting at times. I also loved Storm Island and taking those crazy Group B cars all across the map.

My problem comes when they feel the need to shoehorn those stupid goddam off road races when I am trying to enjoy driving an actual fuckin road car. Shockingly, maybe I want to actually drive my XJ220 on the road and enjoy how it carves up the corners and how the turbos sound when it is screaming down the road and NOT trying to get it sliding just right between these trees so I don't go end-over-end on the next ridge.

I seriously love this game, I do. But the Cross Country races are going to be the reason I turn it off for the last time and never touch it again, and that is a shame.

I guess one thing they could have done is put more thought into championships for groups rather just creating championships and then assigning all groups to each one.

I think this bothers me more in mp than sp. As much as love FH2, the post-release support for the core game has been non-existent, and FH2 mp could be even more amazing with some refining.

RawNuts

I used to dislike the cross country events as well, but eventually I came to enjoy them. It took me a while to understand how to tackle them because they make you handle things very differently from any road race, but since it clicked with me I don't mind taking even the most monstrous RWD cars on those courses.

The_D

Neo Member
I think it's great to have the variety of terrain and styles in one game. They can separate it out better for people though.
Yes, I agree with the previous few posts. I really like driving both on and off road, but I'd rather keep them separate when doing the career so it flows better. I'd rather stay in one car usually and get into a rhythm with it, and then choose a different car and do a few rounds of off-road events.

dedhead54

I am at 18% overall completion/level 57 (game says I have played 34 hours) and I still hate these fucking races most of the time. The only races I have gotten 2nd or 3rd place on have been cross country races in a powerful RWD car. Frustrating to say the least.

I am still loving the game though.

Are you guys playing MP online? I have yet to even step foot in to the multiplayer side of things. Racing games have always been a SP experience for me but I feel like this one could be my transition in to racing online. I'm assuming most regular races are pretty physical/turn in to bumper cars?

I just got a Subaru Impreza WRX STi gift car with a custom paint job.

Searched the net and an impreza seemed to have been the gift car if you played the demo, but I never played the demo and have FH2 since day 1.
What did I get that car for?!??

Edit: Here's a screenshot
Subaru%2BImpreza%2BWRX%2BSTi%2BGift%2BCar.png

I just got a Subaru Impreza WRX STi gift car with a custom paint job (white base, guy with sunglasses, letter with gift card and dog untying the letter on the side, big Forza logo on the hood).

Searched the net and an impreza seemed to have been the gift car if you played the demo, but I never played the demo and have FH2 since day 1.
What did I get that car for?!??

Gift cars are usually VIP perks. Do you have the VIP pass?

Gift cars are usually VIP perks. Do you have the VIP pass?

I do, but usually I get stuff like a Huracan or a Veneno not something that is under 100.000 Credits.
These weird custom paint shop cars are usually for winners of competitions or they're for everyone (like the Ur-Quattro in December or the Golf R when Turn10 signed a deal with Tanner Foust racing.

Xbudz

Just picked this up today along with Storm Island. Still very new, but I'm loving the graphics and music so far.

Question- with all the Drivatars cruising around, I'm confused if there are actual live people in the open world or do I have to find a specific mode for that?

If you want to cruise together, add me!
GT: "Xbudz LIVE"

Question- with all the Drivatars cruising around, I'm confused if there are actual live people in the open world or do I have to find a specific mode for that?

No live people in the open world unless you connect to an online free roam session or invite people to your private session.

zorbsie

It's been too long since we've all got together for some European racing. Anyone up for some fun later today. Around 2pm EST? I'll be around, if you see me online come join in. I'll send invites to the usual group, that way we can learn more Greek politics. :)

Fast & Furious expansion for FH2 sounds amazing.

Haven't been playing much FH2 the last two weeks, but this should get the juices flowing.

Top Bottom