• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

I just want to say I really like this game in general. Pretty much all of it is good except the FUCKING CROSS COUNTRY RACES! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST...I hate them with every cell in my body. Otherwise it's a great game.

Mascot

I guess one thing they could have done is put more thought into championships for groups rather just creating championships and then assigning all groups to each one.

Yeah, that sounds pretty dumb, but not as bad as being forced to race LMP cars on tight, windy tracks like Positano in Forza Motorsport 3.

That, my friends, was officially a fucking Crime Against Gaming.

I do wonder how devs reach some of these decisions sometimes. It strongly suggests that the decision makers don't actually play their own games.

I just want to say I really like this game in general. Pretty much all of it is good except the FUCKING CROSS COUNTRY RACES! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST...I hate them with every cell in my body. Otherwise it's a great game.

Yup, I feel you completely. It is such a brilliant, fun and impressive game...until you have to do those goddam Cross Country races in anything resembling a normal car.

e90Mark

Been playing the game for months now and still always think this every time one comes up.

I like to think Storm Island was thought of by all the cross country races you have to do.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
is the majority of storm island baja truck style offroad shinanigans, with bumps, and jumps, and shit, or is there a decent amount of rally inspired dirt racing as well?

Been playing the game for months now and still always think this every time one comes up.

I like to think Storm Island was thought of by all the cross country races you have to do.

They work in Storm Island because pretty much all the cars you can use are made for off road. Plus you know what you are getting into with the expansion, so it is not as irritating.

The big problem is when you are trying to get races done in your normal cars and then it forces you to do some shitty Cross Country race when all you want to do is enjoy driving your car on the goddam roads!

jem0208

I love the cross country races. It'd so much fun drifting an expensive Ferrari through a vineyard. Yes it's ridiculous but it's entertaining.

The cheating AI isn't quite so good but I haven't experience that too much.

kazinova

I got an additional 20+ hours of gameplay out of the expansion, so it was worth the investment I think. Plus the Fast and Furious DLC will drag (pun intended) me back in.

Megasoum

Banned
So I just booted the game for the first time in months and remembered that they added tokens....

Now... Did I dream that or didn't I hear about a way to disable the whole token system completely so that it doesn't even shows up in the menu? Or am I talking about a different game?

I can't find anything about it in the settings.

EDIT: NVM... Found the option 10sec after writing the post lol.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Would love this to arrive in FH2 or FM6. Nearly got the cash to purchase the Agera R.

erpzqq.jpg

DLC is the Rockstar Car Pack.

Trailer

Car List:
2014 VW Beetle GRC
2015 Subaru WRX STi
1995 BMW 850CSi
2015 Jaguar XFR-S
2001 Acura Integra Type R
1970 VW #1107 Desert Dingo Racing Stock Bug

Put me down for that sexy BMW!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hot damn I've been wanting the new VW Beetle and its here. Also the BMW will be a nice addition to the garage.

PaulLFC

Does having the VIP membership give a discount on the Car Pass? I'm interested in Storm Island and found that VIP makes that half price, so I was wondering if there's a similar discount on cars that would make VIP worth it.

VIP also mentions "in-game gifts" - are there many of these (besides the included 5-car pack) to justify the £16 expense?

Does having the VIP membership give a discount on the Car Pass? I'm interested in Storm Island and found that VIP makes that half price, so I was wondering if there's a similar discount on cars that would make VIP worth it.

VIP also mentions "in-game gifts" - are there many of these (besides the included 5-car pack) to justify the £16 expense?

The VIP pass doesn't give a discount on the car pass unfortunately.

The gift cars so far have included Huracans and a Veneno, but the offerings haven't been particularly impressive overall. None of the cars are particularly tough to buy, and the bonus liveries are just OK.

I do like the VIP car DLC and the level-up bonus, but it's a lot better deal at half-price, which requires the FM5 VIP.

Since this topic is essentially just a Forza general OT, I'll post this here.

Anyone remember that video of Forza 5 running on PC hardware using DX12? We might eventually be seeing something along those lines one day.

http://wccftech.com/forza-coming-pc/

No further details were given at the time, although, Chris Tector, Software Architect of Turn 10 studios did mention that it only took four months using a four man team to get the game running. He also added:

"We’re very excited to see console-style development coming to the PC through D3D12."

Tector will be present at GDC 2015, speaking during a session entitled Developing Games for Windows 10

Turn 10 have never made a PC game as far as I'm aware. One of their higher-ups saying that they're excited to see progression made in PC development, and the fact that he's presenting a panel talking about Win10 development, sounds a lot like they have something up their sleeve for Forza, especially being straight after based Phil's presentation.

Also a lot of 10s here. Turn 10, Forza's 10th year, Windows 10. It all sounds like some sort of perfect tagline.

I bought the rockstar DLC pack, but its not showing up ingame, any ideas?

DLC isn't present until the game updates. Normally 6-7PM GMT.

Been getting back into the game recently, trying to get some achievements I never got around to doing, and I am remembering why I love this game.

Man, the RUF CTR2 with the 4.5L V8 is a gorgeous beast. Sounds amazing and it goes like a cat on fire. I love that they loosened up the engine swap restrictions in this game, it really opens up the tuning possibilities.

I am sure all the cars guys here have a special series of roads that they love to drive on to test their car or just let off steam. Does anyone have the same thing for Horizon 2? Some series of roads that you love to test your tunes on, or that you always find yourself gravitating toward when you are just driving around having fun?

Something a bit twisty, with some nice straights? Something super complicated? Let me know and maybe we can put together a "Best Driving Roads of Horizon" thing.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I've done it. Bah gawd what a week. Even saved the best till last which I got on the second go luckily. Plus I've flown up into #1 on the club ladder for GAF and hit tier 2. Went from like rank 50 to 120.

XsFNKfS.gif

Screenshot-Original.png

From today's DX12 presentation.
lz9nbCW.png

It's a predominantly Windows thing, hence Intel and nVidia being there, as well as the DX12 thing being on a Windows logo. Turn 10 being present is telling me that it's only a matter of time.

I feel it would be a mistake in some ways, the tracks and models would just get ripped and dumped into more popular serious sims, on the flip side it could go the other way too. Dunno how I feel about it all.

Considering the money this game has cost me in consoles and wheels I'd be a bit pissed off too.

Thanks to the Storm Island DLC, I have finally found a way to make those Cross Country races a little bit easier to deal with.

Whenever I am doing a championship with a normal car, I always save the Cross Country races for last. Usually there is only one but some of the shittier championships actually have 2 (out of 4) Cross Country races. I go to the garage/autoshow and I sort by Championship and I find another car that I can turn into my Rally Monster. I then give it AWD and every rally upgrade I can and I tune it to the top of S1.

Basically I now have a crazy rally machine that I can destroy the rest of the cars with. Since the AI cars don't use rally upgrades in the normal mode (that I can tell), it becomes a lot easier to win the race, and quickly too!

So too all of you who hate the CC races like I do, this seems to be best option for dealing with them.

zorbsie

I did the same thing shortt. I was always keeping the cars in the same class give or take a level and it was killing me to do the cross country races. When storm island came out I upgraded my cars without caring about the classes. Much more enjoyable to race in S1 or S2s.

Can someone explain how this works?

eqZazBk.png

Here's a rundown:

1) I was in the championship for all 4 races
2) I won every single race
3) I did a lot of skill combos driving to each next race
4) The other guy AFK'ed for the last two races. He pulled onto the grass at the start of each one and stayed there, finishing last on both.

How does he end up with more XP than me?

Can someone explain how this works?

eqZazBk.png

Here's a rundown:

1) I was in the championship for all 4 races
2) I won every single race
3) I did a lot of skill combos driving to each next race
4) The other guy AFK'ed for the last two races. He pulled onto the grass at the start of each one and stayed there, finishing last on both.

How does he end up with more XP than me?

I am not a fan of the way the game does this but it is basically ENTIRELY dependent on how much xp you can get. So you can basically ignore the races and just do a shit-ton of drifts/skill chains/etc in between the races and still win the championship.

I am not a fan of the way the game does this but it is basically ENTIRELY dependent on how much xp you can get. So you can basically ignore the races and just do a shit-ton of drifts/skill chains/etc in between the races and still win the championship.

I think the guy was also AFK on the last two drives as well as the races.

Still bullshit though.

Yeah, but if he did that Runway Drift Exploit thing between the first two races then he wouldn't even need to try on the last two races.

Hmm, definitely not that either. We were more towards the middle of the map, and they were all those trips that you only have about 1:30 for because they're quite close.

Hmm, definitely not that either. We were more towards the middle of the map, and they were all those trips that you only have about 1:30 for because they're quite close.

Huh, well I admit that I am stumped now. Could he have got out of the actual map or something? It definitely feels like an exploit to me.

Huh, well I admit that I am stumped now. Could he have got out of the actual map or something? It definitely feels like an exploit to me.

Well with being AFK for most of it I only saw him as the rest of us were taking off. He didn't move much after we left but I didn't get a chance to see him anywhere else. Still rocketed past my XP as the picture shows though.

Quikies83

I need a crew. Pumped 20 hours into main campaigns and I'm tired of joining fee roams with children screaming.
Add me please.
32/m/Mississippi/pics for trade only

Quikies83

Thanks to the Storm Island DLC, I have finally found a way to make those Cross Country races a little bit easier to deal with.

Whenever I am doing a championship with a normal car, I always save the Cross Country races for last. Usually there is only one but some of the shittier championships actually have 2 (out of 4) Cross Country races. I go to the garage/autoshow and I sort by Championship and I find another car that I can turn into my Rally Monster. I then give it AWD and every rally upgrade I can and I tune it to the top of S1.

Basically I now have a crazy rally machine that I can destroy the rest of the cars with. Since the AI cars don't use rally upgrades in the normal mode (that I can tell), it becomes a lot easier to win the race, and quickly too!

So too all of you who hate the CC races like I do, this seems to be best option for dealing with them.

I really don't know why your having so much trouble. Playing with a wheel was a challenge due to the FFB the game puts out, but with a controller its kinda easy.

I really don't know why your having so much trouble. Playing with a wheel was a challenge due to the FFB the game puts out, but with a controller its kinda easy.

Oh, it's not that they are hard really. I just really hate those races. I don't find them fun, just annoying and frustrating.

Of course the cheating AI doesn't help either.

Fox Mulder

It'll be funny if Forza 6 gets a Windows release. I just recently bought an Xbox One exclusively for the Forza games.

Wonder if MS is one foot out the door really with how the xb1 is doing.

With third party games being better on the ps4, the main draw to the Xbox is exclusives for me. Seeing stuff like forza, horizon, sunset overdrive, etc on the PC would piss me off only a little over a year after release.

I could have bought a ps4 instead and played the few MS games on pc.

Wonder if MS is one foot out the door really with how the xb1 is doing.

With third party games being better on the ps4, the main draw to the Xbox is exclusives for me. Seeing stuff like forza, horizon, sunset overdrive, etc on the PC would piss me off only a little over a year after release.

I could have bought a ps4 instead and played the few MS games on pc.

But how would I transfer my Rock Band songs over to a PC?

Seriously guys, that Audi? Nissan? 4.5L V8 might be best engine swap option in the game. Great weight, fantastic sound, revs to 9k and puts out respectable HP/TQ figures.

I jammed one in the NSX and it was incredible. Such a great motor.

Top Bottom