• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2: Resolution (1080p), Framerate (30fps), Music, & More Detailed - IGNF

jim2011

DC is doing alot more graphics wise than Horizon 2. I may be wrong but isn't DC also doing dynamic lights all over from headlights, to the sky and everything else in between.
Someone can correct me if i am wrong or better explain.

That said both look awesome and i wouldn't mind having both, but i can't afford both so i stick to my PC.

Too early to say but everything you just mentioned is in horizon 2 as well from the preview yesterday.

I was just defending FH1's results, not FXAA's results.

And you're right, there are much better looking solutions.

But last-gen got its best IQ in games like Horizon, that's not for debate.

I would have liked an option to turn off FXAA and run MSAA only. Would have looked much better to me. So yes, I think it's debatable. Still, Horizon needs to be applauded for its solid framerate and the will to get rid of jaggies. I definitely prefer the mentioned GOW3 though.

edit: lol, TheKayle is back.

The dude said 1080p, its native
come on people quit derailing

I'm excited, I much prefer arcade racers, didn't get forza 5

Ok, so I actually worked at Playground back on Forza Horizon 1, and from my experience if they say 1080 native/30fps, you better believe it will be that. I remember working my ass off to get the race track budgets under or at our teeny tiny allocations :p

They are wizards with their tech & it shows with how flawless the performance in FH1 is. Even after two years on from that game I have mad respect for everyone on that team, so I don't doubt this game will be great & it may just force me to buy an Xbone!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Day one. Loved the first.

E92 M3

YES...can't wait for the new videos. Hopefully less rock and what not in this version. Man a game with all EDM would be heavenlyyyyy

RetroStu

Banned
I think a lot of the backlash (the 'real' concerns, not the trolling) over 30fps is that we are so used to playing 30fps console games that in reality were more like 25-30fps with dips into the teens more often than not but anyone who has played the first Forza Horizon will know that a LOCKED 30fps is smooth as butter.

This was expected and with it being locked, i'm perfectly fine with this.
Also we are going to be getting 30fps console game 20 years from now. The consoles get more powerful but the graphics get better, its the way its always been.

Also there has been a huge Forza Horizon 2 thread on here for a couple of days now, a thread where almost all the people in it said the game would be 30fps yet so many people in this thread criticising the framerate have not been in that thread for some reason, its almost like they aren't really interested in the game and are just trying some fanboy rolling shite.

Kssio_Aug

Well, that sounds amazing!! Solid 30fps, 1080p... Thats definitely good enough!

Now I just need to see some gameplay to have an idea of how it plays, the graphics and the landscapes!

I'm happy they went with 30FPS.
I just think better graphics just add more to a driving game like that than 60FPS.
In driving simulators the 60FPS might be a good thing.
But games like Driveclube and Forza Horizon are also played to suck in the beautiful environments and I take more beautiful lighting and a more detailed environment over 60FPS any day.

Perfect IQ confirmed

Seriously though, Forza Horizon had a god tire iq at 30fps. Glad this is sticking to it

1080p alone doesn't make for a perfect IQ.
Killzone Shadowfall had some pretty nasty aliasing in singleplayer.
Compare that to the bullshot-like IQ of Infamous.
Night and Day

ICPEE

How are you even coming to this conclusion without an equal amount of footage for FH2? We haven't seen any, unless you want to start sharing your info.
You sound angry. I don't know if i want to even reply to this. By the way, someone already filled me in that Horizon 2 is also fully dynamic and i stated in my post "correct me if i am wrong", which a few of other members have already done.
No need to come across so hostile.

jacobeid

Banned
This is one game that makes me want to get a Xbox One this fall. Love my PS4, but I love Forza games. Horizon was so good, and everything they have said thus far about Horizon 2 has got me excited. Shame that the focus on alot of discussion on this game will be on the fact that it is 30fps, much like the discussion about Driveclub.

I'm with you and now I'm laughing at the people in the announce thread who said that this game isn't a system seller.

It's all I needed because Forza Horizon 1 was so good.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
DC is doing alot more graphics wise than Horizon 2. I may be wrong but isn't DC also doing dynamic lights all over from headlights, to the sky and everything else in between.

That said both look awesome and i wouldn't mind having both, but i can't afford both so i stick to my PC.

Didn't know they released FH2 footage for you to compare with DriveClub and come to a conclusion already...

Racers need to be 60 fps. 30 just doesn't feel right. Forza 5 with all of its shortcomings is so silky smooth compared to a game like rivals(which wasn't a bad game). I say drop the resolution and give me 60. If the game is good, graphics will not matter.

TheKayle

Banned
You sound angry. I don't know if i want to even reply to this. By the way, someone already filled me in that Horizon 2 is also fully dynamic and i stated in my post "correct me if i am wrong", which a few of other members have already done.

fh2 also have a weather system (with all the graphics effects it concern) and if im not wrong ...there isnt one in dc

ps. comparing the graphics of an open world racer with one that have closed tracks is wrong from the start im pretty sure driveclub will have amazing graphics coz the game is in itself basically less demanding

Bro, you've seen footage? Share the details man. SHARE!!!!

cbox

I really hope they give us better replay angles this time. I know how hard it might be, but it would add so much more to the game.

ICPEE

fh2 also have a weather system (with all the graphics effects it concern) and if im not wrong ...there isnt one in dc

ps. comparing the graphics of an open world racer with one that have closed tracks is wrong from the start im pretty sure driveclub will have amazing graphics
Yeah no i didn't know Horizon 2 had dynamic lights throughout its game world. I asked for a correction if i was wrong and someone corrected me.
Some people really are sensative in here. My post wasn't at all a jab at Horizon 2 but going by some reactions in here one would think i shitfaced the game in my post.

I will be more careful how i word my posts in future to avoid any negativity though english is not my 1st language.

TheKayle

Banned
Yeah no i didn't know Horizon 2 had dynamic lights throughout its game world. I asked for a correction if i was wrong and someone corrected me.
Some people really are sensative in here. My post wasn't at all a jab at Horizon 2 but going by some reactions in here one would think i shitfaced the game in my post.

I will be more careful how i word my posts in future to avoid any negativity though english is not my 1st language.

is ok my english is x10 time worst than yours......and dont worry about the reactions ..this is nothing...you will see in the e3 days

I wasn't hostile at all, but you're the one who came into the thread with a confident claim despite not having any serious media from one game to come to that conclusion. When someone says "DC is doing alot more graphics wise than Horizon 2," I think that calls for a direct question as to why they think that, don't you?

I wonder if the same people that blasted Driveclub for being 30 fps are gonna do the same over here, it's not like they have double standards, right?

Anyway, the DC/FH2 rivalry is gonna get exciting. Since they are exclusive, I don't think they'll hurt each other's sales much.
The one that is gonna be affected the most, is probably Project Cars. People have more options now.

Gestault

Calmly reasoning out a point isn't "angry." You're either projecting, or just wrong. There was no outward indication of anger.

ICPEE

is ok my english is x10 time worst than yours......and dont worry about the reactions ..this is nothing...you will see in the e3 days
Im from South Africa. Afrikaans is my 1st language. Seems your english is A-ok. Not really worried about the reactions. I just didn't want any negative replies. It was the reason i put the "correct me if i am wrong" part in my initial post.

ICPEE

I wasn't hostile at all, but you're the one who came into the thread with a confident claim despite not having any serious media from one game to come to that conclusion. When someone says "DC is doing alot more graphics wise than Horizon 2," I think that calls for a direct question as to why they think that, don't you?

Calmly reasoning out a point isn't "angry." You're either projecting, or just wrong. There was no outward indication of anger.
I stand corrected. I was uninformed as to Horizon 2 also having dynamic lighting throughout the world. I initially thought it only extended to the car model headlights, not the whole game world.

I now know my initial assumption was way off the mark. I was wrong. That said, can we go back to talking about the game because i have now said i am "sorry" for getting it wrong. Thanks

I'm fine with 30fps as long as it's locked. FH1 was 30fps and played fine. Can't wait to see how open the world is and how seamless everything is in switching to different modes.

I never got into the regular Forza games. Horizon is where it's at for me.

ICPEE

The more I hear about this game the more I feel this will be the only racing game I need this year.
Projects Cars, Horizon 2 and DriveClub. Good high quality next gen titles all round. Depending on your system of choice obviously.

Edit: Apologies for the double post

tait269

Ok, so I actually worked at Playground back on Forza Horizon 1, and from my experience if they say 1080 native/30fps, you better believe it will be that. I remember working my ass off to get the race track budgets under or at our teeny tiny allocations :p

They are wizards with their tech & it shows with how flawless the performance in FH1 is. Even after two years on from that game I have mad respect for everyone on that team, so I don't doubt this game will be great & it may just force me to buy an Xbone!

Basically this.

rrc1594

I wonder if the same people that blasted Driveclub for being 30 fps are gonna do the same over here, it's not like they have double standards, right?

Anyway, the DC/FH2 rivalry is gonna get exciting. Since they are exclusive, I don't think they'll hurt each other's sales much.
The one that is gonna be affected the most, is probably Project Cars. People have more options now.

Never cared for 30 fps, but 50 cars only that's just sucks

TheOddOne

castle_popcorn_gif_by_namgis-d5wuzdn.gif

Zoned

Actively hates charity

It's next-gen. People are definitely very sensitive towards resolution, frames and what not. Also things are about to get messy during E3 time.

Certinty

Holy shit! Never played Horizon but goddamn if theres more of this EDM style, the soundtrack must be AMAZING.
The soundtrack is indeed amazing, definitely in the top 5 of games I played last-gen. Thinking of it now the soundtrack is probably the reason the whole idea of basing the game around a music festival worked so well.

Vire

Completely okay with it being 30 FPS. Horizon 1 was just fine at that framerate.

The DC vs FH2 war next week will be insane, even though they are very different games...

I don't think it's going to be much of a contest really to be honest... Horizon is much more ambitious in concept than Drive Club. The open world/music festival gives it more of a hook than Drive Club.

Top Bottom