• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

Lima

I hit a car so hard it completely changed paint color lol.

Also, looks like we don't have to take pictures of every car we see anymore? That's good... It got old fast in FH2.

• Forzatographer / Take a photo of 300 cars for Horizon Promo 20G

There is 350 cars and you need to shoot 300 of them. You do the math.

First two are photomode and the last one is drone mode. I recorded a few drone mode clips, i'll try to get them up.

DeCq2Ro.jpg

jfzpWNN.jpg

mg1Jnbz.jpg

Bessy67

So is this HDR? My TV didn't automatically change the settings, but it looks pretty good when I jack up the backlight to max...

I really love how many name and nickname options there are for your character and how you actually go by that name in game. I named my character Fam and chuckled every time I was actually referred to as such.

Photo mode is tough. If I wasn't such a noon at the settings, I'd get something nice. The preset ones are alright, but that's because I don't know how to fine tune it. Lol. My pics suck!

Noobcraft

Photo mode is tough. If I wasn't such a noon at the settings, I'd get something nice. The preset ones are alright, but that's because I don't know how to fine tune it. Lol. My pics suck!
Drone Mode is tough lol. The struggle to get and hold a halfway decent shot is real, mad props to sunhilegend for his ability to pull it off.

clx1Eky.gif

Gestault

So many of these vistas I just sort of pull to the side of the road and gawk. I love that they have callouts to some real locations as one of the "collectibles."

ScreenshotOriginal41.png

Vire

Wow, super impressed after playing the demo. I have nothing but nice things to say about this game. Amazing job Playground.

Afro

How are the engine sounds w/ music off? Are they on par w/ Dirt Rally or still just Forza tier? Not that Forza tier is bad...

nikos

What? I finished downloading in 30 minutes even with my Australian broadband

About an hour in and at 40% on a wired 101mbit connection. The "Install" speed is fluctuating between 10 and 30mb/s, which I believe translates to roughly 1.5-3.5 megs per second, when I normally hit around 15.

The speed test in my settings, however, almost maxes out the connection.

Bsigg12

Fucking Christ the game looks incredible. I had the biggest dumb grin on that opening run

I can't wait for launch now

nikos

How are the servers disappointing?

I managed to get it in 20 minutes. 200mb a second or something for most of that time.

Anecdotal, of course.

Restarted and it seems to be going faster. Not sure what's up with it.

terrible

Banned
Yeah, if I cropped it out the gif would probably look more legitimate lol. You can watch me fight the controls to get that shot.

I tried it for like 3 seconds and gave up. It's like learning how to fly a helicopter in Battlefield for the first time.

Ok it's not that difficult but you know what I mean lol.

Drain You

How are the servers disappointing?

I managed to get it in 20 minutes. 200mb a second or something for most of that time.

Anecdotal, of course.

I was excited to be getting 25mb/s for a while ha. Guess its been a while since I really compared speeds to other people. I am on wireless, pretty damn far from my router too. I could plug it in wired but I'd rather leave that on my PC. 200mb/s sounds amazing hahah

B00TE

This demo has been a ton of fun, can't wait for the full release. One of my races had some rain come in for about a lap and a half and it just looked so god damn good.

Gestault

Finally downloading. Microsoft servers are disappointing, as usual.

If you have ongoing issues with download speed, that could be your ISP throttling your connection. I'm not aware of any systemic speed problems with Live file servers.

Noobcraft

I tried it for like 3 seconds and gave up. It's like learning how to fly a helicopter in Battlefield for the first time.

Ok it's not that difficult but you know what I mean lol.
Yeah Drone Mode is actually a really awesome feature. I mean the controls will take practice, but they aren't bad. It's kind of like driving backwards/sideways while aiming at a moving target. A lock on feature would be cool.

golem

If you have ongoing issues with download speed, that could be your ISP throttling your connection. I'm not aware of any systemic speed problems with Live file servers.

New releases cause it to take a beating, getting about half my normal speeds

Hopefully this means it will sell well ;)

Top Bottom