• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

HeliosT10

Does Forza Horizon 3 have a classical music radio station? Cant seem to find the info online. I loved that station in FH2.

Yes it does, here's the full listing for Timeless FM:

“Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30” by Strauss
“An der schönen blauen Donau” by Strauss
“Hungarian Dance No. 5 in G minor” by Brahms
“Allegro” by Mozart
“Allegro con brio” by Beethoven
“Allegro con fuoco” by Dvorak
“St. John’s Night on Bald Mountain” by Mussorgsky
“Waltz of the Flowers” by Tchaikovsky
“Dies ierae” by Verdi
“Morgenstemning (Morning Mood)” by Grieg
“Presto – Allegro assai” by Beethoven
“The Trials” by Kazuma Jinnouchi

killroy87

I know the demo doesn't support HDR, so it isn't something we know for sure, but does anyone know if HDR support is a toggle in the main game, or if it's just always active?

My TV does an annoying thing where if it senses an HDR signal, it will lock you to the HDR picture setting, which has a bigger input lag than game mode.

I definitely want to try HDR mode to see if the game is still fun to play, but if the lag is too much, I want to go to Game Mode (which I would just need to turn off HDR in FH3 to do)

Yes it does, here's the full listing for Timeless FM:

“Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30” by Strauss
“An der schönen blauen Donau” by Strauss
“Hungarian Dance No. 5 in G minor” by Brahms
“Allegro” by Mozart
“Allegro con brio” by Beethoven
“Allegro con fuoco” by Dvorak
“St. John’s Night on Bald Mountain” by Mussorgsky
“Waltz of the Flowers” by Tchaikovsky
“Dies ierae” by Verdi
“Morgenstemning (Morning Mood)” by Grieg
“Presto – Allegro assai” by Beethoven
“The Trials” by Kazuma Jinnouchi

This will be my game of the year. i'm 99% sure :p

Link for the stations in FH3. ... but yea classical station is in.
Awesome thanks! :)

xviper

i did everything and i still haven't unlocked ONLINE FREEROAM, FH2 demo had online

the game is perfect but it has a major problem, most of the map seems to be a jungle filled with trees and all i want is a big city like in Burnout paradise

Windows 10 PC demo update (bottom of page):

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Demo_Announce

"We know fans are curious about the state of a Windows 10 PC demo for Forza Horizon 3. A standalone “Forza Horizon 3” PC demo will be released sometime after launch. We invite all players who are eager to play Forza on PC to try “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex”, available now in the Windows 10 Store for free. The Windows 10 version of “Forza Horizon 3” has been built in lockstep with our learnings from “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex”, which just released out of Beta last week and added wheel support. We’re dedicated to bringing the quality and innovation our fans expect from Forza to the PC, and we’re confident players will have a fantastic experience with “Forza Horizon 3” at launch."

Half Life 2 demo came out after the game was launched, that didn't turn out too bad did it! :)

TwKjqp5.gif

Good luck with the whole "play anywhere" guys.

Anyway, nice of you to at least tell us something, should have been before the twitch stream.

etta

my hard graphic balls
i did everything and i still haven't unlocked ONLINE FREEROAM, FH2 demo had online

the game is perfect but it has a major problem, most of the map seems to be a jungle filled with trees and all i want is a big city like in Burnout paradise
Demo is only like, 1/5th of the map.

From what I know the demo has online at the end.

And there are more cities but dont expect a big one like Burnout.

zedge

I'm online in the demo now. Its after the last bucket list with the buggy. Theres 12 players here.

McSpidey

I spend an hour playing before work and it's amazing. Purchase confirmed, though they're a bit dodgy not including HDR in the demo.

The in cockpit view is unusually dark, as if the front windshield is tinted in every car. I just played FH2 to compare and it doesn't have the same problem. I hope this is fixed.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Demo is fun, game looks great, but hooooly shit do I suck hard at racing games. Talk about knocking off some rust. I apologize to anyone on my friends list if I ran into you because I can't drift or turn worth a shit ... lol

Hexer06

Ugh. Apparently my Xbox wasn't in Instant-On so the demo didn't download while I was at work. My internet is way too shitty to download 18GB soon. Guess I'll have to wait til tmrw to play :(.

xviper

I'm online in the demo now. Its after the last bucket list with the buggy. Theres 12 players here.

i did all the races and still no online, do i have to do the Rival races ?? when i go Headland Circut Rival race it says Server Error, i guess it's a glitch that the online didn't open

zedge

i did all the races and still no online, do i have to do the Rival races ?? when i go Headland Circut Rival race it says Server Error, i guess it's a glitch that the online didn't open

Not sure, I just followed Anna and after I did the bucket list with the buggy it had a little intro to Forza online. I could then join an online free roam.

Man oh man, I'm so in love with this game.

As if I wasn't sold enough already, taking the Ariel nomad for spin cemented it. And I know there's even better off-roading to come.

Brilliant stuff here. Can't wait to lose myself exploring this map.

Playground fucking nailed it.

leng jai

Man oh man, I'm so in love with this game.

As if I wasn't sold enough already, taking the Ariel nomad for spin cemented it. And I know there's even better off-roading to come.

Brilliant stuff here. Can't wait to lose myself exploring this map.

Playground fucking nailed it.

Is this going to be the Witcher 3 of driving games? As in, just fun to drive around looking at shit for hours and hours? Please.

The demo doesn't even save your progress each time you quit and restart...?
All the demos have been like that.

Gotta get the full game for the real goodness.

Is this going to be the Witcher 3 of driving games? As in, just fun to drive around looking at shit for hours and hours? Please.
Thats my number one thing to in Horizon games. Long drives, finding stuff, fucking around. Testing different rides out on different routes.

And this Horizon looks to have the best mix of on and off-roading. Its like Horizon 2 + Storm Island (without the crazy storms). Didn't see too many promising "playground" areas in the demo like the first two games (airport, quarry, golf course), but whats here in terms of pure road and off-road variety, elevation changes, waterways, etc is already amazing.

The demo doesn't even save your progress each time you quit and restart...?

Yeah it doesn't, so when you play explore as much as want the first time since the second time you run the game it'll put you back in the starting tutorial etc as if you had never run the game.

all good though, I played enough to know I want the game just gotta decide what level to jump in.

Also for those who haven't played much, forza games "reward" you with weekly credits and extra cars and stuff (one time and weekly) depending on your "forza level", you can check it here or the forza app on xbox/W10/phones
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US

It doesn't seem to be updating correctly the forza horizon 1 stats unfortunately, and that game is free with GWG this month. I'm 120 points away from tier 7, hope they get the FH1 scores updated before FH3 launches

strata8

Should've actually started the download on the Xbox last night, did it on the website last night and woke up this morning... no demo :(

So I have to wait an hour and a half or so, might play a bit of The Crew for shits and giggles

dedhead54

I had such a big grin on my facing during the whole opening sequence. I was already buying this day one but damn. Horizon 2 is my favorite racing game of all time and this clearly is going to take the throne. Serious props to T10 for their work. Really incredible what they have done with this series.

Megasoum

Banned
I hit a car so hard it completely changed paint color lol.

Also, looks like we don't have to take pictures of every car we see anymore? That's good... It got old fast in FH2.

Top Bottom