• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

7qNbhyV.gif

This game... absolutely incredible. I knew I was going to love it, but once you are racing through the world, admiring the cars and scenery, listening to the sublime soundtrack... it all just comes together so well.

kkxrEja.gif

Now, whether or not to shell out for the Ultimate Edition...

Oh, and Drone Mode is fucking awesome! And that SunhiLegend .gif is ridiculous.

BEST RACER EVER

Ok thats based on like 30 mins of play, but I am LOVING IT

The immersion is so good. Thank the graphics for that.

Daximuss

Turn 10 and Playground Games deserve an incredible amount of credit for their work on Horizon 3. This is truly remarkable stuff.

louiedog

So the game keeps asking me if I want to buy the game already.

im wondering if anybody has bought the game when its promoted any dialog has or does change if you bought the game before hand

It prompted me several times and I pre-ordered it weeks ago.

HeliosT10

Windows 10 PC demo update (bottom of page):

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Demo_Announce

"We know fans are curious about the state of a Windows 10 PC demo for Forza Horizon 3. A standalone “Forza Horizon 3” PC demo will be released sometime after launch. We invite all players who are eager to play Forza on PC to try “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex”, available now in the Windows 10 Store for free. The Windows 10 version of “Forza Horizon 3” has been built in lockstep with our learnings from “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex”, which just released out of Beta last week and added wheel support. We’re dedicated to bringing the quality and innovation our fans expect from Forza to the PC, and we’re confident players will have a fantastic experience with “Forza Horizon 3” at launch."

"We know fans are curious about the state of a Windows 10 PC demo for Forza Horizon 3. A standalone “Forza Horizon 3” PC demo will be released sometime after launch. We invite all players who are eager to play Forza on PC to try “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex”, available now in the Windows 10 Store for free. The Windows 10 version of “Forza Horizon 3” has been built in lockstep with our learnings from “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex”, which just released out of Beta last week and added wheel support. We’re dedicated to bringing the quality and innovation our fans expect from Forza to the PC, and we’re confident players will have a fantastic experience with “Forza Horizon 3” at launch."

Thank you for being relatively upfront even though the demo launches late. Kudos to you guys. Earned some respect from me at least.

Thanks Helios.

I know it has nothing to do with you, but this really sucks for us PC users.

Grazzt

It's the intro race, a mandatory showcase event, then you can free roam (for as long as you want it seems) between what looks like four race events. I assume once you finish those it's over but I haven't done it yet.

Also, has anyone noticed the landing physics seem a lot bouncier and realistic? I can't wait to throw something soft like a Range Rover about in this game.

Already tried it. So much content in a demo.
Cant wait for the full game!!!

HeliosT10

Thanks Helios.

I know it has nothing to do with you, but this really sucks for us PC users.

I appreciate that, but at least PC players now know there will be an opportunity for them to test the game out on their rigs before deciding whether to make a purchase or not.

shandy706

Helios, tell the guys at T10/PG this is the most impressive environment (overall) I've ever seen in a game. The ocean and coastlines are absolutely breathtaking!!

HeliosT10

Helios, tell the guys at T10/PG this is the most impressive environment (overall) I've ever seen in a game. The ocean and coastlines are absolutely breathtaking!!

Doubt I need to, I bet some of them are reading this thread right now ha.

Seriously though, it's great to see all this amazing feedback. I'm sure the team at Playground will be buzzing in the studio in the morning :)

my copy of the demo is taking forever to download but it blows my mind how good the just the .gifs are looking on XB1. I bought the Ultimate digital edition with every intention of playing on PC and I am almost to excited to see how it looks on my gaming rig.

Ascenion

Respect Turn 10/ Playground. I've never been able to ever hear my name said in a video game before addressing me until now! It may be spelled wrong but I'll take Kendrick over nothing. Super stoked now! (My name is spelled Kendric btw)

RoKKeR

Respect Turn 10/ Playground. I've never been able to ever hear my name said in a video game before addressing me until now! It may be spelled wrong but I'll take Kendrick over nothing. Super stoked now! (My name is spelled Kendric btw)
Forgot to mention this - very cool touch! It even had my name pre-selected from my MS account info.

One suggestion - drone mode should let you flight a but higher than is allowed right now. I understand that there are probably ssome technical limitations to this, but right now it feels very limited in terms of how high you can fly it.

louiedog

I was amazed that mine is in there. I could never find any novelty license plates or anything with my name on it when I was a kid. Now a game I've been really looking forward to is addressing me by it. It feels great.

And, no, not louie, louis, or any other variation of that fairly common name.

Top Bottom