• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I remember when the FH2 demo came out. People here made some amazing gifs of the races you all were having. Some of you drive like drunken maniacs :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Should be a PC demo.

Especially with how MS pushed for a demo for XBLA titles a decade ago. It's just flat out dumb to do first party stuff on their store and expect people to know if it'll run good on their system or not.

is the ultimate edition worth it? if they release an expansion like storm island, you will get it if you buy the ultimate edition?

you do NOT get content xpac DLCs with the ultimate editions of any the forza games - only a bunch of car packs, the VIP pass which gets you some stuff (?), and a car collection pass which feeds you a few cars every month for like six months.

There will almost certainly be future content DLCs and you will have to pay for them, I think in FH2 they added Storm Island, the Porsche Expansion, and I think the Nascar expansion? Storm island was huge and added a whole new area and stuff, Porsche and Nascar I believe only added cars and tracks.

Glad to hear FH3 demo coming out, still haven't pre ordered but was planning to real soon, after playing the demo I'm sure it won't change my mind.

is the ultimate edition worth it? if they release an expansion like storm island, you will get it if you buy the ultimate edition?

Most likely not. Forza season passes are not like traditional season passes.

• The full game of Forza Horizon 3 (disc)
• 4 days early access to the game
• Limited Edition Forza Horizon Steel Tin
• Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass
• Forza Horizon 3 VIP Membership
• Forza Horizon Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack

I believe the car pass only includes like the first 6 car packs, those that come out after that will have to be purchased separately like in Horizon 2.

Get six monthly car packs at one low price. With the Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass, you'll always be dialed in to the latest and greatest cars in Forza Horizon 3.

I will probably just get the base game if the demo is good, and wait for the season pass to go on sale.

rainz

8PM on a Sunday is...not exactly my optimal time but still goddamn this is going to be good! The FH2 demo blew me away and made me instabuy the game as soon as I could.

Atlas157

Nice

Edit: Is it going to be the same as the E3 demo or will it have a small area to free roam in like the FH2 demo?

Theorry

An article went up a few days back on Trusted Reviews, and said that Ralph Fulton (creative director) said the demo was coming to both Windows 10 and Xbox on September 12th.

The article has since been taken down, but this other site still has some of the article up.

http://www.ooyuz.com/geturl?aid=13005361

Hope Helios can shine some light on that.
I mean from the previews the PC version looks like a good version. So a demo is really gonna help.

I never played the first two Forza Horizon's so the hell I would buy 3 from the Windows Store with no refunds for $60 without knowing I'd actually like it. lol at not releasing a demo.

GWX

I'll be playing on Xbox One, but no PC demo is really dumb. It just shows insecurity about the quality of the port, and Microsoft isn't in a situation where if they indeed have a solid port, amidst all the problematic ones on their platform, they can just sit on it and expect people to buy it blindly.

Grazzt

Already pre-loaded the full game. But I still would play some demo.
Warthog can be used in the demo too!

T.O.P

Banned
Horizon's demo are usually meaty as fuck, enjoy!

I'm currently replaying the first through BC so I'll just wait for my Ult Ed to unlock on the 23rd :D

lazerfox

Really glad I can try this first before I buy.
Most games don't have a demo at all so I don't understand the people complaining about the lack of a PC demo.

LoveCake

I have the digital UE pre-ordered, it has downloaded to my X1 it seems anyway, is there anything that will transfer over to the full game if I get this demo?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Horizon's demo are usually meaty as fuck, enjoy!

I'm currently replaying the first through BC so I'll just wait for my Ult Ed to unlock on the 23rd :D
Pfffft you won't resist. 10 minutes after release you'll rush to download it.

aaronwt

I pre-ordered FH3 before Summer started for my Xbox Ones. It's already downloaded to my XBOnes and yesterday I downloaded it on my PCs. Since the PC version is free with the Xbox One version purchase.. I will try the demo for a few hours but I'm really looking forward to playing the FH3 game on September 23rd.

Hawk269

This will be the first consumer released video game that supports HDR...so dying to try this out later tonight on my HDR set. Really looking to see what the differences are. Going to run test by having my Xbox One S with the HDR on and off to see the differences.

Top Bottom